WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-09-2012, 12:00 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...thebarber is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by One to Remember View Post
if we tolerate Ric Flair in the ring long past his experation date then the least we can tolerate is Douglas ranting today about the exact samething he did in 1993.. I think he should had been one of the Radicalz. but that was 12 years ago Vince missed out. I think he should had been WCW champ but that was between 1999-01. He could had been a major player in TNA in its formative years. I am not advocating that he unseat CM Punk today, but alot of his gripes have merits and I wished the majority of it had been addressed and corrected circa 2000. I AM FULLY AWARE OF HIS AGE and will not look past that..
Shane Douglas was supposed to be one of the Radicalz, he whinged and bitched and complained and was leaving along with Konnan when Benoit and co left WCW. But in typical Douglas fashion, he chicken out at the last second. Vince was going to hire him, but he had no intention of hiring Konnan. So Douglas stayed behind, got fatter and tagged with Bagwell in a really memorable(cough cough) tag team title run.
People forget Shane Douglas was given his big break by Vince McMahon in late 1990, he was a high flying pretty boy who could have been anything. But he asked for, and was granted, a release, citing his father was quite ill and he needed to look after him. Except, weeks later who should show up in WCW????? Fucking Douglas who went on to tag with Johnny Ace. He has a history of shitting on promoters, the only reason he had any suiccess in ECW was because he shat all over the NWA when he unfied their titles in 1994, throwing the belt to the mat and giving a great speech at the time. Doulgas was offered a contract in 1995 by WWE, even safter the way Douglas upped and left 4 years previous and what does Douglas do??? Runs out on ECW to the higher bidder. But because he was nowhere near as good as he thought he was, he was gone 6 mnoths later and back in ECW where his rubbish would wash because Heyman always pushed guys with big mouths to tear apart verbally the competition. In 1999, with ECW still in business, Douglas cut and run again when WCW threw open their chequebook. Shane Douglas does not have an honourabkle bone in his fat ass body, and his ability was good back in 1991-1995 but then he became a brawler with no real connection to the fans. The Franchise..please...keep living of the dead carcass that is Extreme Wrestling with your equally wahsed up buddies. Idiot
sendpm.gif
Old 04-10-2012, 02:28 AM

Texas Tornado is looking to come up from OCW...

In business and personal life, sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut on the way out. Maybe you feel better at the time by venting your frustrations, but you might wind up regretting it years later. And then you talk about him talking too much about the title throw down but that was a major moment in ECW and a major moment in the NWA's history. For Shane Douglas to pull the stunt he did at Raw, he must have been firmly advised he had no place in WWE, now or in the future.<<True
Old 04-10-2012, 04:23 AM
Knockout Champion

One to Remember is looking to come up from OCW...One to Remember is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
Shane Douglas was supposed to be one of the Radicalz, he whinged and bitched and complained and was leaving along with Konnan when Benoit and co left WCW. But in typical Douglas fashion, he chicken out at the last second. Vince was going to hire him, but he had no intention of hiring Konnan. So Douglas stayed behind, got fatter and tagged with Bagwell in a really memorable(cough cough) tag team title run.
how did you get this information? are you saying he stayed behind in solidarity with Konan or because he was scared and what would he have to be scared of if McMahon was over that '90s shit?

Quote:
People forget Shane Douglas was given his big break by Vince McMahon in late 1990, he was a high flying pretty boy who could have been anything. But he asked for, and was granted, a release, citing his father was quite ill and he needed to look after him. Except, weeks later who should show up in WCW?????
I think he tagged with Steamboat in the early '90s too and i think maybe his first big break was in the UWF.. If his was father was ill and he loves his daddy whats wrong with getting your release..?! Maybe his fathers condition changed and perhaps VKM was not interested a month later? That happens alot too, VKM and the Titan brass have been known to be erratic and very hot and cold with performers.. WCW paid more back then and maybe he needed the money to help his family situation? I dont think you really proved that his father's illness was a roose to jump ship to greener pastures..

Quote:
He has a history of shitting on promoters, the only reason he had any suiccess in ECW was because he shat all over the NWA when he unfied their titles in 1994, throwing the belt to the mat and giving a great speech at the time. Doulgas was offered a contract in 1995 by WWE, even safter the way Douglas upped and left 4 years previous and what does Douglas do??? Runs out on ECW to the higher bidder.
He wasn't ragging on the NWA in Eastern Championship Wrestling.. He had no issues with Todd Gordon. Maybe Douglas getting the call back lends credence to my argument that the timing of the release, the illness, and the WCW jump was just a coincidence? I mean when he got his release how was he even working? How the fuck are you gonna cite anyone leaving ECW for higher pay if the fed had a track record of not paying its wrestlers and the athletes we are discussing derived all their income from wrestling..? How does that translate to the wrestler being in the wrong?! Eitherway after that incident he still returned to ECW..
Quote:
But because he was nowhere near as good as he thought he was, he was gone 6 mnoths later and back in ECW where his rubbish would wash because Heyman always pushed guys with big mouths to tear apart verbally the competition.
I dont believe that either. A lot of guys passed thru ECW in between jobs and with open mics of course you got to view constant speeches about WCW and/or the WWF.. I didn't hear Funk, Bam Bam, RVD, Raven or Hall..
I do think locker room power struggles effected who left the WWF greatly between 1993-5.. I dont know the circumstances of his 2nd departure.
Quote:
In 1999, with ECW still in business, Douglas cut and run again when WCW threw open their chequebook. Shane Douglas does not have an honourabkle bone in his fat ass body, and his ability was good back in 1991-1995 but then he became a brawler with no real connection to the fans. The Franchise..please...keep living of the dead carcass that is Extreme Wrestling with your equally wahsed up buddies. Idiot
ECW was unstable in 1999. Douglas was probably owed alot. Alot of people were leaving ECW, Taz was on WWF tv with the ECW title, the Dudleys left, Awesome left, so did Storm.
Quote:
Actually if you went to a WWF show in the attitude era you see a lot of fans of trash TV that are now watching Jersey Shore.
They didn't replace the WWF with Jersey Shore they couldn't get what "WWE" was and why all the cussing, blood, and sexiness was now absent.. That makes sense to me..
Quote:
The attitude era turned off a lot of fans. The WWF actually lost a lot of their original fans. Parental groups were set up to tear it down, preachers used it in their sermons, i remember hearing radio stations talking about how "this isn't even wrestling anymore, it's nothing like it used to be".
Okay maybe so but everything got like that by the mid '90s, everything PERIOD. Music, mtv, reality tv, clothing, etc. there would had been viability in the WWF reclaiming its old school fan base immidietly post attitude era but you cant reclaim them at all with what PG WWE offers and you casnt take wrestling seriously and it cant get stronger if its fan base ages out and its parameters are 8 to 12.. ? always the same new amount of kitties and it embarrses older kats like me to be seen with them..
Quote:
Take off those rose tinted shades and realize that the past isn't as golden as you thought.

Shane Douglas was NEVER a fucking draw. That's why his biggest accomplishment is in ECW. He was on TV in the attitude era for WCW. Guess what, he didn't draw. He's overrated. Tons of guys in wrestling have shit attitudes, the ones that can draw get away with it. The ones that can't end up bitter men who really aren't any different from me and you.
That doesn't count.. Douglas and a bunch of other guys in WCW and the WWF were not promoted as ECW guys or invaders or whatever.. Did Jarrett draw or Booker T., or Benoit, or JBL? If he had returned with the Alliance it would be a different story. And him being in the WWF c 1999 would had been way different then him on WCW.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-11-2012, 01:22 AM
Million Dollar Champion

FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Some of these posts are FILLED with what ifs... Bottom line, Douglas had numerous chances to catch on and with the brief exception of ECW he did not. He rants that Vince McMahon never gave him a chance but he worked there for years, he rants about Ric Flair although no one knows why, Flair had little control over booking in WCW during Douglas' brief run there in the Dynamic Dudes tag team with Johnny Ace, he rants about HHH who had very little cred himself in WWE during Douglas tenure in the mid 90s, he rants about Hogan, who I dont believe he ever worked with...This guy talks just to get himself heard.

Supposedly he told Flair when they were in WCW in 2000 that he was a huge fan and only trashed him (repeatedly) to get publicity. Anybody really think HHH held him back in 96 ? If he was offered an opprtunity to jump to WWE with The Radicalz and he did not whose fault is that ? Flair was offered a chance to jump in 98 and he declined, nobody forced him.

Honestly, Douglas should go back to school teaching (how many people reading this knew he was a school teacher in the 80s ?), he isnt getting any younger and he isnt getting any more relevant (ranting on Flair, Hogan, & McMahon might have seemed edgy in 1995 but Flair is retired, working part time as manager in TNA, Hogan doesnt wrestle anymore, and McMahon's success is untouchable).

Douglas did have some success in the small ECW, a big fish in a small pond. A lot of guys who did well there did little for various reasons outside ECW, The Dudley Boys being the most famous. Certainly guys like Sabu & Sandman, big deals in ECW, couldnt get a job working concessions in WWE, and likely would struggle getting work even in publicity starved TNA.

Some guys through the years took success at a smaller level and built huge careers, Curt Henning and HBK in the AWA, Rick Rude in World Class, The Dudleys, Sting in UWF, etc, other guys needed make overs, image changes, or just took longer than others to succeed like Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, The Rock, Steve Austin, truly great performers survived lousy booking and sometimes nonsensical character changes and still remained hugely popular with fans like Brett Hart, Flair, Undertaker. At the end of the day if you have truly special talent I believe in almost every case it comes out, even if promoters miss it initialy (Austin, Rock, Nash) or if you are booked like an idiot (Hart, Flair, Taker) - Douglas simply has never "Made It" like those guys, and now with WCW done, ECW long gone, and TNA only a fraction of the size of WWE (home of some of the guys who he has eviscerated numerous times like McMahon & HHH) he probably will never get that chance.

Even a guy like Shawn Michaels, with a well established reputation for being selfish and not being a team player, got a second chance with Vince. Of course HBK as time would tell sincerely wanted an opportunity to repair his legacy and be a "team player", and of course most of his problems were behind the scenes, not aired publicly in every forum available non stop for anyone to hear. That's why Douglas will never be a big time star.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-11-2012, 03:12 AM
Knockout Champion

One to Remember is looking to come up from OCW...One to Remember is looking to come up from OCW...

are you just on Ric's **** or are you the WWE Booster Club President? You say he never shared a work place with Hogan but Hogan was in the WWWF in 1990 and WCW in 1999 and its no longer disputable that he was hurting younger talent in WCW at that time. I probably would debate Douglas as far as Hogan in the early '90s is concerned. As for Flair your purposely misunderstanding his point. He never said Flair was a booker who self booked. I think he was refering to his spot or position in the upper echelon of the roster PAST A CERTAIN YEAR or PAST A CERTAIN AGE.. Now 2 or 3 years ago WE WERE ALL going wild over TNA and its wrestlers who were 40 and up "hogging" the spot light. 1989 was the last year Flair was in his 30s.. He was quite stout, pretty fit, and his pecks werent all saggy (that would soon change).. Now a rationale argument could be made that his career might had needed to be winded down in the NWA-WCW orginization(s) either in the NWA in the late '80s or WCW in the early '90s. Even if we can't agree on that, are you saying Douglas critisizing Flair for his position of prominence on the roster in WCW in the late '90s has NO VALIDITY whatsoever? Not even a little? Everyone knows before Trips was tappin Steph he had friends in high places with the kliq and that was a source of power for him. Again Douglas was in the WWF when the Kliq had its most power to pull backstage, in NINETEEN NINETY FIVE.. You already know this. Sunny knows it too lol.

I dont even understand your Dudley Boyz remArk. Are you saying that because D Von wasnt WWF champion and Bully Ray has yet to capture the TNA title that they were failures post ECW..?! In the WWF they were a force in the tag team division, in TNA they held gold too. Further in your ECW rant you say no one in the small pond could make it in the big ocean. RVD was WWE and ECW brand champion. He was TNA champion. I have no double Storm would had held every title in WCW by 2002, NO DOUBT. Him holding 3 titles at once was a big deal even though he didnt have the heavyweight belt in there with em. Austin his an ECW alumn, Benoit, Malenko, Mysterio weren't featured at One Night Stand just because.. And what of McMahon being untouchable? Oh hes king of the hill because Verne Gagne's dusty ass was trippin so bad the AWA shut down, the NWA got stunted on horribly by its own territories and faded, WCW imploded because it was owned by a corperation that was no longer controled by the guy who ran it, but by corperate big wigs that hated wrestling, and ECW's self destruction because of Heyman's check bouncing and TNN being two faced and erratic. World Class was good two if its first family could had just ate cereal for breakfest instead of shot gun blast.. Oh but yeah you da man Vinny, you really took the skin off of their asses. no other variables were present.. back to those guys ECwas a part of their transitions, it wasnt an alternate course that lead no where.. They wouldnt had been in ECW if they had not shown potential in WCW or the WWF, they would had been in like ECWA, SMW, or WWC forever and a day.. Yeah douglas was way out of line for whining. My belt being thrown into a trash can, one of my wrestlers showing up on another monday night program at the time time hes on my mine, receiving a black eye and a lugee on PPV, or walking out hours before a show, all things preferable to Douglas' outbursts.. Bad Franchise, bad!! no title for you ever!! grr..
sendpm.gif