WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Do you tell your friends / family your gonna be on TV?
Yes 13 81.25%
No 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2012, 05:53 PM

randomguyri is looking to come up from OCW...

i enjoyed the jobber barry stevens more then ryback

but i have to give ryback credit for doing all his moves smoothly he looked smoother in the ring then newer big men like mason ryan and brodus clay

so ryback definitly has size and skill going for him
sendpm.gif
Old 04-08-2012, 06:12 PM
You're welcome.
WCW TV Champion

#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...#hamler is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Like it's been said many-a-time on WrestleZone forums (especially in the last week or so), it's too early to tell. Does anyone actually think the WWE will try to redo Goldberg's entire character in hopes to try and get Ryback over? That would mean months of steady growth without pushing him too fast and without letting him flop in the process. Many people forget, but Goldberg is within the top five of the most popular stars throughout the Monday Night Wars in the '90's; that is giving Ryback awful big shoes to fill. Personally, I don't see him breaking out as big as Goldberg did in the '90's but that's certainly not to say he has a tremendous amount of potential and could eventually break through as one of the WWE's top players within the next couple of years. He certainly possesses the skill, the talent, and definitely has the look to make it far in the WWE. But again, it's too early to tell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal View Post
Why the fuck is he wearing a singlet? The whole point is that he is jacked as a motherfucker, why cover up the physique?
I immediately asked myself this. Totally agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSN80 View Post
Hamler's got one of the best minds for wrestling on this site.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

PowerHouse is looking to come up from OCW...PowerHouse is looking to come up from OCW...

I just can't believe what I am hearing. Does someone really believe Ryback is only 5'10 and another compared him to a midget and wants to see Brock instead. Ryback is bigger than Brock at close to the same height. Brock is not what he used to be. At least size wise he is still gonna steamroll thru people in the WWE though. Back to Ryback this comparison to Goldberg is just stupid. Goldberg happened at the right time. Even Goldberg if he were to come out now would not be as popular as he was then. He was a product of the popularity Pro wrestling was seeing at that point in time. Right place right time. I can't sit here and say how far Ryback will go or get its just way to early to tell. But the Ryback gimmick is the gimmick he always recieved praise for back in OVW and FCW for his work and ability in the ring. Nobody who comes out now as a monster will reach Goldberg popularity and its not because Goldberg was better in the ring than say Ryback,Brodus Clay or even Lord Tensai he just came on the scene at the right time in the right place under the most perfect conditions in Pro wrestling.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-09-2012, 09:50 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...

Have to agree Ryback is nothing like Goldberg. It takes a special type of talent to take out one of the best wrestlers ever and who never has a servere injury before and end his career. and then leave because you didnt like how things werent going your way.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-10-2012, 12:21 AM
WWE Women's Champion

XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm a fan of his... IMO he is the most talented in ring out of all the monster types in the WWE. Dont know how he is on the mic though... He reminds a little of Lesnar.

I thought the WWE dropped the ball big time! Their were no vignettes hyping his debut like Lord Tensai. They could of done so much more with his entrance and character. They also had a random jobber cut a short promo before his match, which was strange to me.

And I never understood why they were showing a bunch of WWE jobbers huddled around a monitor laughing. Shouldn't they have looked more concern that they might have to cross pathes with Ryback in the future. The whole thing just felt strange to me. Seemed like they put just as much focus on some random jobber during the match than they did Ryback.

Last edited by XXJJ : 04-10-2012 at 12:23 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-10-2012, 08:54 PM

Joshua is looking to come up from OCW...

Ryback actually got a pretty good reaction from the crowd tonight on the live SD!. I understand that he is facing undersized jobbers but his move set seems unique as compared to other big men in the WWE. I don't see Ryback having much of a problem executing his moves on bigger opponents. Granted he is not going to throw Mark Henry or Big Show up in that Gorilla Press. I don't see him being put in the situation anytime soon anyway.

Bottom line is Reeves was sidelined for quite a long time with a pretty serious ankle injury and they didn't keep him on the pay roll for shits and giggles. Triple H and Vince have always loved there big men and Ryan Reeves seems talented enough to receive a continued push. By the end of 2012 I'd be surprised if he didn't have mid card gold around his waist.

Internet fans will make the Goldberg comparison but I can't see things going that far. Look how that worked out with Crimson over on Impact. Went from getting big pops to getting stale fast and then trying to slap a quick heel turn on him and it totally just killed character. WWE claims they don't watch TNA, but I assure you they do. For laughs if nothing else.

People seem to have a general dislike for Reeves from what I've read here. At least Reeves goes out there and gets a reaction. Look at Lord Tensai. He goes out there and the crowd doesn't even know what to think of the guy. As I said before tonight on SD! Ryback got a decent pop from the crowd during his entrance as well as post match after the squash. The in ring intensity and mannerisms are the little things that make Vince and Triple H happy. Nice touch during the pin, "Feed me More". Keeping the boss happy is what its all about and Reeves is doing so right now. You didn't see the guys doing jobs for Brodus Clay and Lord Tensai get any mic time before they went out there to get squashed. There is a reason for these undersized jobbers are getting mic time before there matches with Ryback. Reeve proceeds to interrupt the jobber and squash him. That's how jis first feud with likely begin, with Ryback interrupting a midcard wrestler.

I believe the WWE has great stock invested in Reeves. As I said before he wouldn't have stuck around through the long injury rehab if he was just another big man. I expect that the WWE has cut there loses with Mason Ryan and the push he was rumored to get will instead be given to Ryback. Don't be surprised if Mason Ryan is released during the upcoming roster cuts.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Bra & Panties match winner & NEW...
WWE Diva's Champion

Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...

I watched Goldberg's first match. He was an unstoppable mystery man who had a dominant skill set and was awesome, in the truest sense of the word.

Ryback is not the new Goldberg. I think Ryback will be successful, but to be Goldberg-level of overness is asking a lot.

You Can't See Me
sendpm.gif
Old 04-10-2012, 09:37 PM

PowerHouse is looking to come up from OCW...PowerHouse is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples_Champ View Post
I watched Goldberg's first match. He was an unstoppable mystery man who had a dominant skill set and was awesome, in the truest sense of the word.

Ryback is not the new Goldberg. I think Ryback will be successful, but to be Goldberg-level of overness is asking a lot.
Goldberg hit the scene and was cool because he was a new face. He wasn't great in the ring. He never was!!! If Goldberg were to take what he was then but come into wrestling now there is no way he would achieve the popularity he did back in the late 90's during possibly wrestling most watched era. Ryback is NOT Goldberg he is his own character. That clothesline he hit was way better than any clothesline Goldberg ever hit in his life. The undersized Jobbers right now are to build him up slowly. Which is just what Ryback needs, he has a TON of upside for a big guy. He has a tremendous look and there is no Doubt he is very Strong and Very Powerful!!! He got a pretty good reaction tonight from the crowd as well which is a good sign. That means the crowd likes what they see so far.

I really hate this Goldberg comparison its the same comparison that Brock had to go thru when he first entered WWE. Now Lesnar is a much different animal than Goldberg was. Ryback is different than both Lesnar and Goldberg the only similarities are there size. Allow Ryback time to develope his character. People expect immediate stardom out of a guy who has been out for quite a long time. I personally always like Skip Sheffield thought he showed alot of talent in the ring. He was my favorite member of nexus and was IMO the only real threat to Cena in a one on one match. I never felt Wade Barrett was anything special and still don't. Ryback if he developes right should be a force to be reckoned with in the WWE for a LONG time.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-11-2012, 05:57 AM

WWWYKI777 is looking to come up from OCW...

I certainly hope so.... I have been excited about his return almost the whole time he was out.

The guy is a BEAST! If he isn't World or WWE champion by this time next year I would be shocked and dissapointed.

I was also surprised to find out hes not only the same height as Brock Lesnar, but ACTUALLY heavier! Plus he wrestles with such intensity, and back on NXT proved to me he could cut decent promos too. I'm backing Ryback 110%
sendpm.gif
Old 04-11-2012, 10:51 AM

Vanderhook is looking to come up from OCW...

I see the similarities between him and Goldberg.. and every other monster face. It's just too early to tell. To be honest, I don't see him getting over like Goldberg. Goldberg was a unique situation that will probably never be replicated no matter how often its imitated.

Maybe it's just me, but I marked hard for Ryback. I liked Skip Sheffield back in NXT, though he was basically a joke character. In Nexus he was even better, showing off his intensity. He was a BEAST back then -- extremely intimidating and intense. If I remember correctly, he even cut a few promos while in Nexus and I don't think they were bad.

I loved almost everything about his debut and his squash match last night. I love the hilariously (and intentionally) promos the jobbers cut, and having Ryback come out and kick some ass. He has one of the best looks in the company right now -- the only guys in his league are Otunga and maybe Mason Ryan. His moves are fucking awesome and he execute them well. If you didn't think that lariat looked amazing, you just have no eye for in-ring talent. The "FEED ME MORE!!" was a great touch.

I love Ryback. I haven't marked this hard for a face, let alone a midcard debut of a face, in a long time.
sendpm.gif