WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-06-2012, 07:46 AM

BigRedMachine88 is looking to come up from OCW...

I'd have to pick the second. The 3rd was a great match but in all honesty i think everyone knew the rock was winning the match. But with Rock vs Stone Cold II, this was 2 top faces going one on one, and I really didn't have a clue who would walk out champion. The only thing I didn't like was Austins heel turn, which I thought was a bad move, but that doesn't detract away from the match.

I remember loving WM15 when i saw it but then I was just 12 years old at the time and Austin was my man. When I go back and watch it now, I wouldn't say it was the best match of the 3, but still a Wrestlemania worthy match.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-06-2012, 08:06 AM
The Next One
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

kenvin100 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by That.ZigZagMan View Post
I enjoyed their WrestleMania 19 match the best if only for the fact that i loved the work that The Rock was doing as the awesome heel character at that time, Rock wearing Steve Austin's Bulletproof Jacket was just great, a classic moment that i thought was the icing on the cake of a great match.

All 3 matches are great though, WM17 could've just as easily been my pick and WM17 is undoubtably the biggest of the 3 matches i think but....

Rock v Austin - Round 3 is definitely the one i enjoyed most.
Was his jacket really bullet proof? It never looked that heavy to me LOL

I'm going with WM17. Clearly, that one had one of the most shocking finishes in the history of the entire company. You could put that up there with the Hogan Heel Turn. Y'all gotta admit you were shocked with Austin joined the devil.

The third encounter was great. Perfect ending to a trilogy.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Knockout Champion

comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...comrade_mario is looking to come up from OCW...

WM 17 for me

It's the biggest match in the history of wrestling, both guys had a lot to lose by not walking out with the title and no-one had any idea what was about to happen.

The match quality is very good too
sendpm.gif
Old 04-06-2012, 10:55 AM

Peridot is looking to come up from OCW...

the second one...

the build up, the hype surrounding it, the best wrestlemania in history imo and that was the main event.

it was an amazing match up made more amazing that it was in texas and they tried to turn austin heel, the fans just were not having it in texas haha.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Knockout Champion

Aquaman6686 is looking to come up from OCW...Aquaman6686 is looking to come up from OCW...Aquaman6686 is looking to come up from OCW...Aquaman6686 is looking to come up from OCW...Aquaman6686 is looking to come up from OCW...Aquaman6686 is looking to come up from OCW...

Rock/Austin II was the best for me. Although I think WM17 is INSANELY overrated, I thought this was a really good main event, and Austin turning heel was an excellent move. As far as I'm concerned, 2001 was Austin's best year, because he was far more interesting as a heel than he ever was as a face.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-06-2012, 12:35 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

HBKperfect23 is looking to come up from OCW...HBKperfect23 is looking to come up from OCW...

Austin/Rock II @ WMX-7 by far. Couldnt see either man losing. This had the Hogan/Warrior feel to it. The heel turn was genius. Austins best year? While he was very very good in 2001 this is insane. Austin put wrestling back on the map in 98. Austins popularity then will stand the test of time. Austin/Rock always delivered but WMX7 really stands out.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Totally Reeking of Awesomeness
X-Division Champion

HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I would have to say the second match. The atmosphere was awesome, and all of the brutal action. Lots of false finishes, and if for no other reason, the ending took me by total surprise. Never did I think I would see Austin side with Vince to get the title. Both stars were at their peak in this match as opposed to the first match where Rock was just getting his steam, and the last match where Austin was on his way out. Overall the second was the best for me.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-08-2012, 01:19 PM
Million Dollar Champion

Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...Macho Machismo scored a win over Santino Marella...

Austin vs. Rock II

It had the better build up and Limp Bizkit's My Way playing to their match promo made it all the more sweet plus who can forget the epic sitdown interview with JR where Austin said "I need this Rock, I need this more than you can ever know".

It was a better wrestling match imo and had ever you seen Rock & Austin go hardcore and apply as much submissions as they did in the match before or after that match?

And of course who could forget one of the best endings in WM history, nobody expected that heel turn.

I also loved Rock vs. Austin III just as equally but Austin vs. Rock II will always have a special place in my heart.

Last edited by Macho Machismo : 04-08-2012 at 01:48 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-09-2012, 08:14 PM

Latinoeddy is looking to come up from OCW...

It's a toss up between the second and third match. The second match was an awesome brawl, and probably the best main event for Wrestlemania ever. The third one was extremely entertaining and had one of my favorite finishes to a Wrestlemania match ever. So both those matches are awesome, but if I had to choose I'd pick the second one only slightly.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-09-2012, 11:11 PM
K. O. T. R. 2007 Team Undisputed
ROH Pure Champion

King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...King Patrick scored a win over Santino Marella...

I loved all three, as Im sure all of you do as well. My favorite of the 3 was the last one. WM XIX also happens to be my favorite WM of all time. Great match, great story, and in retrospect, great way to go out.

I think the Rock could have skipped the WM XX match with Mick Foley vs. Evolution. I think Flair should have teamed with Foley and then turn on him at WM XX to rejoin Evolution. That would have been a better job for Foley instead of what we got.

If Austin's and Rock's last WWE match was WM XIX, I think this would have been lock.

I don't care if you know!! I don't care if you care!!
sendpm.gif