WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-09-2012, 09:04 AM
The Choice of the Choiceless
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

boywithbluehanger is looking to come up from OCW...boywithbluehanger is looking to come up from OCW...boywithbluehanger is looking to come up from OCW...boywithbluehanger is looking to come up from OCW...boywithbluehanger is looking to come up from OCW...

This was the "false advertising" issue I had with the whole End Of An Era match. They never really explained the stipulation behind the title of it. With the implications of the match title, one would assume that both Triple H and Undertaker would end the era by making this their final match. However, this was never actually said by either wrestler. Thus making the title given to the match, a lie. What exactly was the match the end of if neither wrestler who originated from the 1990-1995 era is choosing to hang up their boots?

So simply put, since no one came out and said this would be a career ending match for The Undertaker (nor for HHH), I'm still in doubt that this is the true end for him.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-09-2012, 10:13 AM
King of the Spear

FutureChamp328 is looking to come up from OCW...

It all boils down to how Taker feels about the risk vs the rewards of it. Look at it this way if you could make upwards of 6 to 7 figures for one match and about five other appearances over the course of a year wouldn't you? As long as Taker feels he has one more good match in him he will do it. The only problem with him not being full time anymore is that we can pretty much be assured that he will win at Wrestlemania every year purely because Vince won 't want to give up one of his biggest attractions because once that streak is gone so is Taker.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

PowerHouse is looking to come up from OCW...PowerHouse is looking to come up from OCW...

At this point in the Undertakers career I think he is at a point where he may only wrestle 2 or 3 times a year one of them being Wrestlemania. I just dont think his body can handle performing even on a monthly basis. He is way to beat up and his retirement is right around the corner. I don't see him being around past next years Wrestlemania. After that I personally believe he is finished. You can see it when he walks he is in constant pain. If he is going to pass the torch next years Wrestlemania I believe is the place for him to do it. He is going to have to fall next year at mania and pass the torch to the next Phenom of the WWE whomever that is. He has had probably one of the best career's in the history of Pro Wrestling with what he has accomplished. I dont think anyone is willing to bad mouth the Undertaker.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-09-2012, 08:54 PM
United States Champion

LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeros View Post
Y

If anyone on this board was a legend in some kind of sport. And they had a magnificent career. If they were offered major major money, no matter if they had 50 million pounds, you wouldnt turn it down. A wrestlemania payoff is MASSIVE. And for Taker, its for one nights work. You have completely missed my point. Im sure Taker doesnt NEED money, But theres not a person on this board or alive that would say no just because that match was "the perfect way to go".
I want you to think back two short yeara, and remember a man wh put his career on the line. In the main event of Wrestlemania 26. That man, in better health then Undertaker, and younger, walked away from the business after arguably one of the tpp 5 matches of his career. That man? shawn Michaels.

Could HBK still wrestle? I have no doubt about it. If I were a betting man, Id wager my hpuse that Vince McMahon, with whom Shawn is close, has probably offered him a big payday to wrestle again, whether it was in the past, or possibly in the future. As great as the HHH/Undertake match was, adding HBK to the mix may have possibly been greater. And while Im sure he got paid handsomely, how much more do you think that payoff would have been had it been HBK vs HHH vs Undertaker?

The point is, sometimes keeping ones word, principles and values, and ones health is more important then a damn payday. Just because YOU would take the money even if it meant compromising your word or your health, that doesn't mean everyone else would.

Undertaker has nothing left to prove, his body is ravaged by the injuries he's gained over the past 22 years, and he's set financially. For Undertaker, I think he'll come back if he feels reasonably healthy and for the right opponent, not for a paycheck.