WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Always a Contender

The_Sharpshooter is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Last WM for Kane & Show?

1st time poster: trying to have some fun.

We've all seen & have been a part of the speculation of Undertaker/HHH leaving sometime soon, and with the display they put on at Wrestlemania, it would be a nice way to bow out the company.

But what I haven't seen much talk about this possibly being the last Wrestlemania for Big Show & Kane: too men that can fill up the main event spot while using their name to continually build the mid card talent.

I thought about this originally during this year's Royal Rumble. Towards the end of the match, when Cody & Miz were eliminated together by Big Show, I wondered aloud why they would make him look so strong when you knew he wasn't going to win. Next thing you know, Michael Cole makes a statement about those eliminations being the 24 & 25 eliminations of his career. Then I thought, "That would be a nice, strong number to end your career with". Then he wins the IC belt at WM, rounding him out to win all the active championships the WWE has. Another strong fact to end your career with.

No one expected to see Randy Orton lose to Kane at Wrestlemania. It could've been the perfect spot to propel Orton on his way back up. But this fued allows Kane to be the monster they want us to perceive him to be, and a Chokeslam off the ropes solidifies it. If that's your last Wrestlemania, you're a happy man.

So do you think Wrestlemania 28 is the Final WM for Big Show & Kane? If not, what fued/wrestler could you see that could bring these guys up to the level of relevancy that Orton/Rhodes provide? Because honestly, if you took any other upper mid/midcard wrestler besides those two in the match instead of Randy/Cody this year, it probably wouldn't be interesting.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:59 PM
One-Winged Warblade of Mystra
Undisputed WWE Champion

Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

I doubt it will be the last Wrestlemania for either Kane or Big Show. They are both in good shape for their age and still over enough to remain relevant. They probably won't be winning too many more titles, but they should still have a few more years in them to put people over. They each got a victory this year. I would not count on seeing too much of that in the future. Kane MAYBE if he is still on a roll by this time next year. His masked return has justified a decent push and perhaps another world title reign later if things go his way. Orton could have won and probably should have. Kane got the win instead, he has the momentum. Big Show? He will lose the Intercontinental Championship and I bet it will be rather soon. Big Show got what will likely be his last win at the biggest show of the year.

If either were to suffer a severe injury or for whatever reason decided to retire, then that is the only way to know for sure that this was their last Wrestlemania. I hope they stick around for a few more years due to how good both of them are at putting people over. They can remain upper midcarders who sometimes get main event level feuds, but mostly put people over who are future stars and picking up smaller victories along the way against guys further down the card. Count on seeing them again next year, but not in matches they will win. That's my prediction of their Wrestlemania futures for now.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"
sendpm.gif
Old 04-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Always a Contender

The_Sharpshooter is looking to come up from OCW...

I understand your point of view Dias. I just look at "Sports Entertainment" with the same outlook I look at sports:

Back in the 60s & 70s, wrestlers had to perform late in their careers or with injuries because they didn't have their money manage right or they weren't paid great. Nowadays, guys don't have that problem, so they're able to leave with their bodies intact to enjoy life post-wrestling, IE: HBK.

When I look at Show & Kane, I see two massive specimen who have kept themselves in well enough condition to keep some kind of relevancy for the next 5 years. But I also see two men who have been on the road full time for the better part of 15 years, two men who have marketibility outside of wrestling, and men who already have established side gigs(Kane with politics, Show with acting).

When I see a guy like Shaq playing ball colse to 40, I think its because of his search for glory. Sitting on top one more time will help build his legacy. When a wrestler has wrestled for almost 2 decades, on the road constantly, & experienced the highest of highs, whats the point? 1st thing you think is paycheck, which is understandable. 2nd is probably crowd reaction, but either man could go away, come back, & get that pop. Like I said in OP, both men seemed to have rounded out their career in the past few months. I could see Kane with his mask as the "Retirement Tour", he's leaving the same way he came. Show has every moniker under his belt except King of the Ring. Just seems like a perfect Swan Song for both men.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:48 PM

Latinoeddy is looking to come up from OCW...

While I wouldn't be surprised to see Big Show and/or Kane retire this year or some time early next year, I don't see this being the end yet and I expect to see them at Wrestlemania next year. I'm hoping Big Show still has enough for another couple of years. He's a great talent, he's very over with the fans, he's charismatic, produces good matches, and has the most credible finisher today. It'll be a sad day when Show finally does hang them up, but he has accomplished everything he can possibly do in all honesty.

I'm on the fence on whether I want to see Kane for another year. He did have a good match with Orton on Smackdown this past week, and I'm hoping for an even better match at Extreme Rules, but Kane's programs for the last decade have ranged from average to bad outside a few exceptions. If Kane does retire this year, I won't be to disappointed or surprised. He had long run and like Big Show has done practically everything there is to do in the WWE.
sendpm.gif