WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-07-2012, 07:22 PM
One-Winged Warblade of Mystra
Undisputed WWE Champion

Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

The 3rd match was the best.

I went with #3 simply because of exceeding expectations. That's without me even getting started on the emotions shown or the story they told in the ring. Sure, the first match was great. The second one, I was unsure if I even wanted to see it or not. We had already seen them in a Wrestlemania match, so why do it again? The entrances were awesome and the match saved an otherwise horrible Wrestlemania.

This year I absolutely did not want to see a third match. At first. Then Michaels got picked as the guest ref. Suddenly, I was more interested. The match became a Hell In a Cell match. Ok, NOW they had me wanting to see it. From Triple H's cool entrance all the way to the final embrace between the three legends at the end, this match delivered and stole the show. They took a rematch that many fans were unsure of whether they wanted to see, and ended up stealing the show with it. Completely blew away all expectations and told an incredible story in the ring.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"
sendpm.gif
Old 04-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids
TNA Champion

Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...Little Jerry Lawler is getting phone calls from TNA...
Send a message via AIM to Little Jerry Lawler Send a message via MSN to Little Jerry Lawler

The second one was slow and boring and the third one had to be better than the second one. I'm going with their first bout. Everything about that feud was perfect from the moment the gong hit during HHH's diatribe about not being in the main event of Wrestlemania to the ending bell. I had no idea who was going to win that match and it does get overlooked because of TLC II and Rock/Austin II but it was a damn good match in its own right.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:59 PM
The Brock Says.

OptimusReim is looking to come up from OCW...

i thought both the second and third were average matches, I didnt like either one of those 2, i just thought that everything about the 3rd didnt work. HIAC is supposed to be the "devils playground" and the closest thing to hell there is, so why is shawn going to stop it? and having stupid conversations in the middle of a match. It seemed like more of a soap opera than a wrestling match. Sure i guess they told a brilliant story, but i thought the wrestling was sub-par and slow. 2nd is pretty average, but then again so was all of WM last year. 3rd was the best by far. Very under appreciated just because of everything else that happened at 17.

The cup drought will be OVER!........ Eventually...
sendpm.gif
Old 04-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Best in the World!

abhilash81 is looking to come up from OCW...

3rd match was the best hands down. The reasons are many...... Inclusion of HBK, the great story told throughout the match, the emotions running an all time high, and last but not the least, the crowd reaction was the best i've ever witnessed, only 2nd to the crowd at WM 18 during the hogan rock bout.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-08-2012, 02:49 PM

MarkOfTheHitman is looking to come up from OCW...

The third match for me was the best simply because it was perfect storytelling.

Going into the match, hhh said he would have to "end" taker. Not pin him - end him. That's why he kept telling Shawn to end It. It wasn't winning the match - it was killing taker

Next came the acting and reacting. I love wwe and wrestling but I always find their reactive emotions (if that makes sense) a little poor. Hbk was flawless.. Him hiding in the corner devastated and terrified of calling the match made me ache. It was truly flawless, gut wrenching, emotional acting.

To cut a long story short - a few months ago I saw a thread about "what match would you show someone who didn't watch wrestling". This was the first match since Bret stone cold that made me lose myself completely in the story. Match of the year - for me match of the decade
sendpm.gif
Old 04-08-2012, 02:55 PM

Ausaie is looking to come up from OCW...

Its easy to say 3 because it is fresh on our minds and it was the most violent match seen in a long time. However for those who say 3 i urge you to hop on youtube and one more time watch the classic that happened at WrestleMania 17. The match was better for the simple reason of when it took place which was 11 years ago. Neither of the two men were in their 40's and at most ppv's back then were having the best matches of their careers. That's not to say they cant still go but its really no comparison. I think of the matches 2 was the worst of the three although not a bad match by any means.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-09-2012, 04:02 PM

Latinoeddy is looking to come up from OCW...

Wrestlemania 17 - A really fun brawl. Triple H was at his prime around this time, while Undertaker hadn't started to hit his prime just yet. But the match was really fun and definitely a postive addition to a great PPV.

Wrestlemania 27 - Really good match. I liked it a lot especially after rewatching it recently, and it was definitely a great match leading to their final battle. The tombstone piledriver spot had me watching it live.

Wrestlemania 28 - Fantastic match. This is their best match to me. Everything about this was just great. The Undertaker's mohawk, the cell lowering with Metallica playing, the storytelling throughout along with Shawn's facial expressions throughout, the super kick/Pedigree nearfall was really well done, and the finish and aftermath ruled. One of the best cell matches ever.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-12-2012, 09:31 PM

JAK is looking to come up from OCW...

Tough question.

The first Taker/HHH match was certainly excellent, but at this point the streak wasn't such a talking point and Triple H wasn't yet the dominating force he would become.

Taker/HHH 2 had to follow the powerful and emotional Taker/HBK match, so may have come across as inferior. I also think that no-one believed Triple H would be the man to end the Undertakers streak. However the match was just as strong as their first encounter and made good use of both men's in ring strengths. The ending, a submission, was also deeply satisfying because it wasn't a tombstone piledriver.

Taker/HHH 3 was, for the first part, a complete let down. It wasn't until Triple H went psycho and litterally beat the Undertaker to a pulp with weapon shots that the match took off. IMHO the cell was pointless for this match, it could have been a no DQ match instead. As a No DQ match it was satisfyingly brutal and shocking match by todays TV-PG standards, it was also the only Wrestlemania 28 match that evoked an emotional response for me (bar the anger at the 18 second opening match).

I think for me it's a toss up between 1 and 2, and in this case I'll pick match 2, but only just.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-13-2012, 02:24 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to midgensa

Seems like it is almost unanimous and I am definitely not going to stray on it.

This one is hands down Undertaker vs. Triple H III with Shawn Michaels as the guest referee.

While all three matches were fantastic (has there ever been a better storyteller in the ring than Triple H?) ... this match flat out stole the show.

These three performers were SO perfect for EVERY SINGLE SECOND of this match. It made you wince, it made you jump, it made you wonder even if just for a second if DX had actually ended the streak ... and it was perfectly executed in every aspect.

By far the match of the night. By far one of the most memorable matches in WrestleMania history. And by far the best match in the HHH vs. Undertaker trilogy that is remarkable in every aspect.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-14-2012, 02:58 PM

Elmarko13 is looking to come up from OCW...

These guys have matches like a amazing band with each album or match rather they just add another layer of awesome sauce. love the fact they had the third almost end the way the second did because at least in my opinion started to feel like it was going to disappoint and then boom they go and continue with a match that will be remembered through the years as one of the best matches EVER. I have been watching wrestling all my life this is easily my favorite match. when Shawn asked Taker to quit and you just see Taker start to pull himself up and he says "No Don't Stop It". SENT CHILLS UP MY SPINE.
sendpm.gif