WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-08-2012, 02:52 PM

TheTruthShallSetYouFree is looking to come up from OCW...

I think they should add a new show, named something like 'WWE Break-Threw'.

It should involve 16 or so of lower level superstars such as Trent Barretta, Tyler Reks or Jonny Curtis. These superstars would then have an elimination competiton with the final being at the next PPV. The winner of the competiton would then go onto RAW or SmackDown as a new superstar.

Then whoever is on a loosing streak on SmackDown or RAW would then be lowered into WWE Break-Threw.

This would be a fantastic way to Debut superstars and give them some credibility before they even start properly..

Like I said, its just an idea..
sendpm.gif
Old 04-08-2012, 05:58 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Fansince1992 is looking to come up from OCW...Fansince1992 is looking to come up from OCW...Fansince1992 is looking to come up from OCW...

The main question here is who would you tune into watch?

Part time Guys i would tune in to watch:

Brock,Taker,Jericho,Rock,HHH

Full-Time Guys i would tune into watch:

Cena,Punk possibly Orton and Sheamus

Wrestlemania was extremely watchable for me because all those Part timers (not Brock) were there. All those Full-Timers were also there.

Raw is extremely watchable every week for me because all these guys are genarally there (maybe not Rock and Taker) and are building Fueds and having watchable matches.

Smackdown is barely watchable for me because only Orton and Sheamus are there. (sometimes Punk and Jericho) None of those Part Timers or John Cena never seem to appear on Smackdown. I'll force myself to watch it though to keep up with the WHC picture. Also as this show isn't Live and i already know what happens makes it even more unwatchable.

Superstars and NXT is Unwatchable for me because there is no one i want to watch. This may seem a bit selfish as people may say i might miss out on a rising star being the next WWE Champion. Well i can see them breakthrough on Raw or Smackdown when they are ready.

This is just how me, a WWE fan likes to watch the Programmes. Others may have different Wrestlers they enjoy watching more than the ones i listed.

To make Smackdown more entertaining again "for me" throw Cena or Brock on the show once in a while. I remember back in the day when the likes of Austin, Brock, Rock, Taker, HHH, and Cena were always on both shows. I think the list of watchable guys these days is very thin. I mean before Wade Barrett got injured we saw Orton v Barrett on Smackdown week in week out for ages and it got sooo boring at the end (Understandable they had a storyline but after Orton/Barrett week 3,, i was going off to make Coffee as i had seen this the last 2 weeks)

So to answer the Question should we have a C Brand/Show? For me the answer is no. But if you put an established Main Eventer from the Full-Time Roster or some of the Part-Timers around then maybe Smackdown and other shows could be watchable.

Last edited by Fansince1992 : 04-08-2012 at 06:05 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Knows his role. Shuts your mouth!
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Skinsley is looking to come up from OCW...Skinsley is looking to come up from OCW...

I think that WWE needs another telivised 1 - 2 hour show.
Replace NXT with a wrestling show much like the WWECW only call it something different please.
Let everyone who is not currently getting television time have a match as a rota....and see what happens.
Test out some FCW talent in an unofficial basis, ready them for Raw or Smackdown....Win Win surely?

EDIT
Having said all that....once the WWE network comes out this should probably happen anyway?

Hate Cena. Respect Cena.

Hello, I'm AWESOME!
sendpm.gif
Old 04-08-2012, 07:01 PM

ZainGFY is looking to come up from OCW...

NXT & Superstars is considered the WWE's "C" show but Superstars puts on some great matches & NXT has some great segments. Both are better than both Raw and Smackdown on some weeks.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
Intercontinental Champion

THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...THTRobtaylor scored a win over Santino Marella...

The Breakthrough idea doesn't wash... as they are always used as jobbers when needed on both shows... with a seperate entity... WCW, FCW, whatever they want to call it, with no interaction... yeah it works, you could build one PPV a year around getting to that show to display your wares, make the "draft" a PPV event with matches etc... WWE is suffering through no real competition, so it needs to be its own... and the only way is a 2nd company, only loosely owned by the same corporation... or Vince needs to throw TNA a serious bone or two!