WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-08-2012, 02:40 PM

The_Gene_Genie is looking to come up from OCW...

I think WWE missed an opportunity to introduce a nWo style faction back when CM Punk unleashed his scathing shoot promo on RAW during the summer of 2011. I remember thinking it back then.

They could have kept Punk off TV for longer than they actually did and continue to push with his 'unscheduled' appearances at various WWE events outside of the ring and away from the arena.

Shortly thereafter, several independant wrestlers could have started showing up at arenas in various formats i.e. sitting front row on TV like The Radicalz, storming the arena like DX, a key figure coming out of the crowd a la Scott Hall and a full scale beatdown like the one debuting The Nexus.

It would have been great to see stars such as Colt Cabana, The Briscoes, Low Ki and the like brought in, even as a temporary measure like when ECW and WWF/E stars used to cross brands back in the 90's.

I think with a lot more thought and time it could have proven epic. But as we all know sometimes in the colourful world of wrestling time doesn't always equal money.

17 June 1955 - 14 April 2007
sendpm.gif