WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Chicks dig 'The Baird'

asslber is looking to come up from OCW...

Ric Flair is my all-time favorite wrestler. I was sad when he retired from the WWE, but ecstatic when he signed with TNA because I knew I could still watch him. I'm not a big fan of TNA(don't get me wrong, I think they have the talent and the fans, but the management and writing staff is what throws me off), but I watch TNA from time to time to see what Ric Flair is up to, but I've loved his stuff in TNA.

If he does come back to WWE, I would obviously mark out like a child, and I would thank the TNA for keeping him in shape, keeping him relevant, and giving him a chance to keep doing what he loves doing.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:43 PM
mess with the bull get the horns
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

vampireblade is looking to come up from OCW...vampireblade is looking to come up from OCW...

I do not want to see him in a wrestling role ever again he is to old and just needs to step away however as a manager or commentator i would love that. Plus Ric Flair has some of the greatest mic skills ever so im sure he would make a great commentator so as long as he does not wrestle im fine with him coming back to WWE.

AJ is the sexiest diva alive today
sendpm.gif
Old 04-06-2012, 11:29 PM

the_mighty_biggs is looking to come up from OCW...

of course he will be back in WWE

the man needs money and WWE will pay him more than TNA ever could
Old 04-07-2012, 04:31 AM

Self High 5 is looking to come up from OCW...Self High 5 is looking to come up from OCW...

I hope this is true. WWE has the money to be spunking on legends sitting around, doing nothing. Flair brings nothing to TNA. He obviously doesn' respect it as a company, or much care for the product. Since last year, all he's done is appear on the occasional IW, wordlessly standing with Bischoff and Gunner, and maybe do the odd meet and greet/autograph session.

TNA have Sting and Hogan, and compared to Flair, the value these two add to the company is massive. Whatever you think of Hogan - at least he has mainstream name recognition (ie outwith wrestling) and he seems genuine in his enthusiasm for the product.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-07-2012, 09:12 AM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

I'd say, at some point, Flair will be back in WWE in some way, shape or form. All in all, I think it's been fairly obvious from the start that Flair's heart really isn't in TNA. He came to TNA not only for the paycheck, which is probably considerably more than what the majority of the talent gets, but because they were willing to let him wrestle sometimes.

However, I don't think WWE will want Flair for an in-ring role. They haven't for a while and that's another reason why he went to TNA. Flair's never had any bad things to say about WWE, he's never taken pot shots like Anderson or Matt Hardy or Hogan or Bischoff, etc.

The best role for Ric Flair in WWE, in my view, would be as a manager. I'm not talking about a manager in the same sense that we've seen in TNA, in which he's booked to overshadow the talent he manages and get physical in beating up guys 30-35 years his junior. Flair can help get talents over without overshadowing them, I've no doubt about that, but he just hasn't been used that way in TNA. I think WWE would do a better job of utlizing Flair's star power without having it get in the way of whomever he managed, were he to be put into such a role.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 04-07-2012, 09:31 AM
Only happy when it Reigns.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...

Since we're in a consensus that Flair would be better off as a manager, the question is who would Flair be paired up with?

As Jack-Hammer rightly mentioned, there'll always be an issue of overshadowing, but imagine the rub that some up-and-coming superstars would get by having Flair in their corner. For example, someone who has struggled to break the glass ceiling despite having a number fans, such as Drew McIntyre would benefit hugely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBL View Post
...realizes it's WWE, jumps back
sendpm.gif