WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who Is Most Associated With Sherri?
Doug Somers & Buddy Rose 2 2.15%
Randy Savage 39 41.94%
Ted Dibiase 2 2.15%
Shawn Michaels 44 47.31%
Ric Flair 0 0%
Harlem Heat 6 6.45%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2012, 03:02 PM

MillionDollarMan is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
Somebody suggested I do one of these threads on Sensational Sherri. Ask and you shall receive. Sherri was an interesting character. Years before any of us ever heard of Chyna Sherri was mixing it up with the men on the roster. She wasnít as physically imposing and didnít compete with them in matches but she wasnít afraid to get physical and take some bumps. She was certainly more than eye candy and helped each of the men she managed. I left Marty Jannetty and Tatanka off because she accompanied them to the ring a few times just to get to Shawn Michaels rather than because of any alliance to those two.

The first one to come to mind for me is Randy Savage. He was the first one Sherri managed in the WWF and being the legend that he was Savage was always involved in big angles. Savageís feuds with Hulk Hogan, Dusty Rhodes, and The Ultimate Warrior were some of the biggest of that era and Sherri was heavily involved in each of them. The two of them were together for two years and became king and queen of the WWF along the way. Sherri was kind of the anti Elizabeth. Like any great manager she did what she could to make her wrestlers look good and this was most evident with Savage.
The first name that comes to mind for me is Randy Savage. That's who I choose. I think King Savage and Sensational Sherri had some great moments. That said, I didn't even remember her time in WCW with the Harlem Heat till you mentioned it and a ton of images flooded into my head. She was a great manager. Wish there were more like her today.

Good topic.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-29-2012, 04:52 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

DirtyD79 is looking to come up from OCW...DirtyD79 is looking to come up from OCW...DirtyD79 is looking to come up from OCW...DirtyD79 is looking to come up from OCW...DirtyD79 is looking to come up from OCW...

For me it had to be Harlem Heat. They were one of my favorite tag teams in WCW. I also was going to go with Shawn Michaels as she played a large part for his heel turn and Heartbreak Kid gimmick.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:26 PM

IveGotBalls is looking to come up from OCW...

I had to go with HBK...For me she was a big part in HBK's singles career. Before her everyone knows he was one half of The Rockers with Marty Jannetty but afterwards i feel like she was a big reason the HBK character took off. Like someone else stated, just the sight of her and you couldn't stand her, much like Vickie today...but thats what makes for a great heel manager...Obviously HBK took off further because of the great talent that he is but would the character have caught on with out Sherri at his side?
sendpm.gif
Old 03-29-2012, 05:46 PM

Wrestlemania 20-0 is looking to come up from OCW...

It's HBK too,she helped him for to evoluate his gimmick when Michaels breaks the tag team he made with Marty Janetty.
In SD she makes an special appearance with Kurt Angle for to make jealous Michaels,to hear Kurt makes imitation of his theme music was crazy.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-29-2012, 06:14 PM
Crossface Chickenwing
WWE Diva's Champion

SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...

Rose and Somers. Growing up in Vegas I got to see the AWA all the time at the Showboat. She did a great job managing them.

I think she was EXTREMELY underrated. Her characters were just awesome and she never took the spotlight away from her guys. RIP Sherri.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-29-2012, 07:46 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...

I go with Savage. I think she came into a really tough situation where she was replacing Liz and helping his heel turn become more memorable. The feuds they had with Hacksaw, Hogan, Beefcake, Dusty and then Warrior were great and enjoyable. She wasn't a quiet mouse like Liz who kept quiet and spoke when it was her turn, she proved to be her own woman and would speak when she wanted and often you'd think Savage and Sherri were the most strangest couple in the world, but they made it work. Without her (and Elizabeth) Savage's transition to face wouldn't have been anywhere near as effective.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-31-2012, 07:58 PM
Forward Thinking Nostalgist
ROH Pure Champion

The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...

Shawn Michaels, her voice still signals his arrival, the way he was presented with her on his arm, from the part where she lay in front of him (Even though him throwing her down was banned by Vince) To how she held the mirror for him, she just all round legitimized his act and then got him extra heat when taking the mirror hit for him. With Savage and Dibiase they were already legit stars when she was their valet, HBK wasn't when she joined him, but he was after and she was a big part of that.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-06-2012, 12:53 PM
Bra & Panties match winner & NEW...
WWE Diva's Champion

Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...

It's tough to separate her from Savage and HBK. She was so well known with both and played an important role in feuds for both men. Although Savage's association with Elizabeth was helped by Sherri, it's tough not to forget how she helped get Shawn Michaels over. HBK's theme subliminally linked him to Sherri in my mind, so in the end, that's how I voted.

RIP Sherri Martel. You were more entertaining than you ever got credit for.

You Can't See Me
sendpm.gif