WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...
Default "Old School" Themed Episode Of SD! To Air

The WWE has announced that the theme of the latest live SmackDown! special will be "Old School". This next live special will be Tuesday, April 10th. Thus far, advertised for the show, are legends such as Rowdy Roddy Piper, Pat Patterson, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Mean Gene Okerlund, Tony Atlas, Jimmy Hart, Howard Finkel and Hillbilly Jim.

Back in 2010, they did an "Old School" episode of Raw that featured a return to using everything from the old commentators' jackets to the 80s & 90s style graphics featuring the old WWF logo, displaying the names of the wrestlers, announcers performing interviews with wrestlers set up on a platform away from the ringside area, appearances by some legends, etc. All in all, it was one of the most entertaining Raws of 2010 and many were hoping that they'd make it an annual thing. I hope they go down the same road with the "Old School" SmackDown!.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 04-01-2012, 02:23 PM
WZCW World Tag Team Champion
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Talented Mr. Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...The Talented Mr. Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...The Talented Mr. Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...The Talented Mr. Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...The Talented Mr. Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...The Talented Mr. Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...The Talented Mr. Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...The Talented Mr. Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...The Talented Mr. Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...The Talented Mr. Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...The Talented Mr. Dynamite scored a win over Santino Marella...

Really hope to see the Smackdown fist. I loved that thing. Overall I like this idea. I honestly don't remember the old school RAW being all that great however even though I'm sure it did well ratings wise.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-01-2012, 03:01 PM

cannibalham is looking to come up from OCW...

This should be entertaining but it makes no sense to me. How will they be able to unravel all the fallout from mania if there's just gonna be old wrestlers coming back for one night...makes no sense. Needless to say i shall still be watching it.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Turn down for butt
ECW TV Champion

Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...Noticeably F.A.T. is a United States Champion...
Send a message via MSN to Noticeably F.A.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannibalham View Post
This should be entertaining but it makes no sense to me. How will they be able to unravel all the fallout from mania if there's just gonna be old wrestlers coming back for one night...makes no sense. Needless to say i shall still be watching it.
The backlash will most likely unfold on Raw. Both brands are featured heavily on both shows anyway and there are really only 3 big programs containing Smackdown guys. Sheamus or DB will come out to talk, depending on who wins, JL or Teddy will gloat about being the GM of both shows, and the Randy Orton thing really requires no fallout unless they're going to continue that feud.

It won't be an episode entirely devoted to older guys, They'll still have a segment where DB/Sheamus is introduced as the new champion/comes out to gloat about retaining. Other than that, what will be left to cover on Smackdown?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
Making fun of people with mental disabilities is retarded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewbakka View Post
This reminds me of Bruno/Zbysco. I didn't care about that either.

sendpm.gif
Old 04-01-2012, 03:28 PM
HaRDcOrE ChAMpiOn
Knockout Champion

DeathClutch is looking to come up from OCW...DeathClutch is looking to come up from OCW...

Awesome news, Smackdown is kind of an after thought when it comes to specials like RAW which gets KOTR, Com-FREE, The Draft due to the live show so for Smackdown to get a live show with a theme is pretty cool.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-01-2012, 04:29 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm really hoping that The Rock sticks around long enough to be on it. After all SmackDown was "The Rock's Show."
sendpm.gif
Old 04-01-2012, 06:02 PM
King of the Ring

TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempestH View Post
I'm really hoping that The Rock sticks around long enough to be on it. After all SmackDown was "The Rock's Show."
I'm honestly surprised they didn't have him do a Smackdown before Mania.

I think this will be fun. The themed stuff always is. I bet they go either with just a super old school curtain look or the old ring stage thingy they had, you know the first one. I doubt they still have the fist but I could be wrong.

*Guy no one predicted to win, wins*
-IWC fans "OMG THIS IS SO STUPID, WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS?"
sendpm.gif
Old 04-01-2012, 06:37 PM
King of the Ring

TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveUsCMPunk View Post
They need to bring back the old Smackdown theme for this episode.
Which one? The "blublublbublub" sounding one that they started with? It think it was called "everybody on the ground" although there wasn't a single recognizeable word in the song. They'd probably have to pay someone for "Beautiful People".

*Guy no one predicted to win, wins*
-IWC fans "OMG THIS IS SO STUPID, WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS?"
sendpm.gif
Old 04-02-2012, 04:04 AM

Riddler is looking to come up from OCW...

I miss the FIST
sendpm.gif
Old 04-02-2012, 08:55 AM
I have to poop.
WWE Diva's Champion

boywithbluehanger is looking to come up from OCW...boywithbluehanger is looking to come up from OCW...boywithbluehanger is looking to come up from OCW...boywithbluehanger is looking to come up from OCW...boywithbluehanger is looking to come up from OCW...

Maybe it's just me but I don't want to see an Old School Smackdown with people who weren't on Smackdown at its oldest. I want to see it with people who were on it during its first 2 years, not guys who were already retired or semi-retired before it ever existed.
sendpm.gif