WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-01-2012, 06:57 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

EastCoastFan is looking to come up from OCW...EastCoastFan is looking to come up from OCW...EastCoastFan is looking to come up from OCW...

That's a tough one. If Vince had been successful with some of his outside ventures, I don't think he'd leave. I think he'd delegate more responsibility to other people, but he would never fully hand over the reins to Shane or Steph/HHH. Vince is a Type-A control freak and will only step down if he has a serious health issue.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Knockout Champion

whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...

i think Vince might be a little envious of Ted Turner and the fact that wrestling was just part of his world where as for Vince, it is the whole world. it is a little weird - two of his biggest stars ever (Rock and Austin) make movies but not for wwe films and his own films with Cena, Orton, etc are generally looked at as B-level at best. But i don't know if he would have handled things off if he had success earlier - something tells me he would have been just as hands on as he is since his ego would say the success if because of his hard work. i think a lot of it is Vince is bored. with no real competition out there for WWE(sorry TNA isn't there yet), he looks for something else to do and since he wasn't successful with Hogan and movies, he wants to do them now to show he is successful in more than just wrestling.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-02-2012, 08:57 AM
WZCW's James Howard
WWE Diva's Champion

Shotaro worked a dark match on ECW recently...Shotaro worked a dark match on ECW recently...Shotaro worked a dark match on ECW recently...Shotaro worked a dark match on ECW recently...Shotaro worked a dark match on ECW recently...Shotaro worked a dark match on ECW recently...Shotaro worked a dark match on ECW recently...Shotaro worked a dark match on ECW recently...Shotaro worked a dark match on ECW recently...Shotaro worked a dark match on ECW recently...Shotaro worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Send a message via MSN to Shotaro Send a message via Skype™ to Shotaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWJC: The Beginning View Post
Why even speculate that? Imagine if TVs only got the USA Channel HUUUGE RATINGZZZ. Why even speculate "what if it happened in February"? You still have to fill in, you know, July through January to get there. It was a perfect storm and it worked.
I agree I was only speculating because speculation is fun.

Quote:
Also, the Punk thing didn't get as much press as you think, WWE has connections in the business. I heard it on Fox Sports radio, they said "listen to this" *played clip* then "that's the best acting I've ever heard in pro wrestling, unfortunately, they taped the next week after so we know it was fake" that's the gist. Believe it or not, it didn't "make wrestling cool again" it didn't boost much of anything. It was a small increase but that's all it could have ever been. It's a niche product.
Locally it was the first time I'd overheard ANYONE talking about wrestling in twelve years. I work in a college (in the UK, so essentially High School). It was also the last time. The return of the Rock meant diddly squat over here but CM Punks thing got people actually talking. At least where I am.

Quote:
lol at you thinking " TWO WWE title matches in one night. The tournamant Final followed by Punk v the winner. I'd bet it'd get more mainstream attention that Rock Cena and it COULD potentially sell more PPVs" that's just silly. To most people, it's still pro wrestling. NOBODY thought Punk actually left. Nobody except dumbfucks on here who are more of a mark than any of the 10 year olds in the audience. Rock sells because he's a huge brand. Cena sells because he's a huge brand. CM Punk isn't at all as big of a brand as the other two.

Most people on here who like to think they are in the know don't understand business and thus, don't understand pro wrestling. Pro wrestling is a business and the wrestlers are products.
I agree with your final statement. I was talking about from a Marketing perspective. I was erroneous to say that it would have sold more. It wouldn't. However from a Marketing POV the whole thing would've added so much to the card. I got caught up in speculation and ended up missing the point of my own post.

The point I was trying to make was: If Vince wants mainstream attention he really has to capitalise on the opportunities he gets. Wrestlemania was pretty much the best night of Wrestling I've ever watched. If WWE can't get some boosted ratings, which will force Media attention onto it after this...

(by the way - I realise how little the ratings really mean. But at the same time they're one of the best indications available of how many people actually care about WWE on a week-to-week basis.)

sendpm.gif