WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-30-2012, 08:21 AM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

All in all, I couldn't care less in terms of my interest for Hogan in this role. We've seen Hogan in this role a LOT so there's nothing new that can be added to it. As far as the story goes, to me, it makes no sense whatsoever. After all, Hulk Hogan did help "steal" TNA from Dixie Carter and they devoted most of a year to the angle of Sting trying to wrest control of TNA back from the Hogan/Bischoff alliance to return it to Dixie. Now, here we are 6 months later, and Sting convinces Dixie to give Hogan the job of "running" TNA. I understand that wrestling storylines often have logic holes in them. You have to accept that as a wrestling fan but this..well they've just taken a .50 caliber Desert Eagle and blown logic's head clean off its shoulders.

My main problem with this is that it means that Hogan could very well go back to being the center of attention. The past two episodes of IW, everything has revolved around Hogan becoming GM of TNA. Much of the focus has been on that particular angle while everything else has come off as very secondary, especially the build to the Roode vs. Storm feud and the overall lack of build to the Lockdown ppv in and of itself.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 03-30-2012, 09:02 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Boss is looking to come up from OCW...

One thing I like about it is that it opens a whole new angle with Bobby Roode and the TNA World title. TNA did a great job with Roode frustrating Sting's efforts to keep things clean and Roode actually coming out on top when they finally faced each other one on one. This will super inflate Roode's ego. Now as the new GM we have the man who said that Roode "wasn't ready". Just imagine how Roode will go off on Hogan for this. Considering how much fan's talked about the "Roode's not ready" comment they are sure to enjoy this. Both the Hulkamaniacs who will want to see Hogan clobber Roode and the haters who would want to see Roode clobber Hogan.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:34 AM

komotion is looking to come up from OCW...

I've admittedly spoken out against Hogan on several occasions, especially against his wrestling and his style of wrestling. I found that the last time he was "GM" his ideas were archaic at best, boring at worst. He can cut a good promo sometimes, though. I'm gonna hold my breath, but I can see him being a good asset and a good "GM". What better person to run a wrestling show than a wrestler? Now if he'll just stay out of the ring I could throw my full support towards him.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-30-2012, 11:40 AM
I am The Brain

WolfNyte is looking to come up from OCW...

So ole Terry is once again GM with the Help of Sting...wasnt he calling him a Cancer in the industry a few months ago?

Since his return the past two weeks a good 50% of both shows have been all about him Hulk Hogan. When he was trying to steal TNA and in charge of stuff behind the scenes it was the Hogan and friends show. When he came to TNA it became the Hogan and friends show.

Do you see it now once more it is going to be the Hulk Hogan and friends show. I swear Dixie Dipsie Carter is an idiot for resigning Hogan and now they are giving him the GM spot and that means more ego stroking TV time for the Jackass.

I will give TNA another few weeks but if its the Hogan show Im done and will find something else to watch on Thursday nights.

Oh and BTW I have ALWYAS hated Hogan....I was and still am a Rowdy Roddy Piper MARK...Play my bagpipes.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:08 PM

Workrate is looking to come up from OCW...Workrate is looking to come up from OCW...

I think it's a waste of time and resources. Frankly, I don't understand the obsession with having a general manager in wrestling. I don't think there needs to be this constant authority figure for competitors to contend with. If anything, all there needs to be is a guy in a suit who appears backstage to make announcements and decisions. It would be refreshing to have a general manager that didn't require lengthy airtime, extensive storylines, and whose character wasn't consumed by some constant need for an agenda.

In my idea world, you'd have a legend who doesn't possess a bombastic attitude -- a guy like Ricky Steamboat has always been perfect in my mind -- who can put on a suit, sit at a desk, and announce that tonight, Kurt Angle is facing Jeff Hardy (or whatever). I don't want authority figures who meddle and hog screen time.

All that said: Hogan is pretty much the antithesis of what's wrong with general managers in wrestling. He has a lengthy reputation and resume to prove it. Time to step aside, old man.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-30-2012, 01:13 PM
Bada Boom! Realest Guy in the Room.
Mr. Money in the Bank

Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...
Send a message via AIM to Theo Mays Send a message via MSN to Theo Mays Send a message via Skype™ to Theo Mays

I'm ok with the Hulkster becoming GM. I just hope it doesn't mean that he will be the focus of things and early on that doesn't seem to be the case. I mean he has main evented the show with his decision on the job. Now that he accepted it hopefully it means we shift our focus back on Storm/Roode and the other budding angles for Lockdown.

As for Hogan as GM and his history with Bischoff, I expect Eric to try and "brainwash" Hulk and for us to believe that it could happen only for Hogan to stay true to the "real Hulk Hogan" and not side with Bischoff. Other than that I can't see Hogan really getting too involved with storylines other than Roode trying to get rid of him much like he did Sting.

In the end I think it will be a good move as long as he isn't the focus of the show and we can keep the focus on guys like Storm, Roode, and the rest of the talented guys TNA is featuring at the moment.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-30-2012, 02:08 PM

robbo316 is looking to come up from OCW...robbo316 is looking to come up from OCW...robbo316 is looking to come up from OCW...robbo316 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workrate View Post
I think it's a waste of time and resources. Frankly, I don't understand the obsession with having a general manager in wrestling. I don't think there needs to be this constant authority figure for competitors to contend with. If anything, all there needs to be is a guy in a suit who appears backstage to make announcements and decisions. It would be refreshing to have a general manager that didn't require lengthy airtime, extensive storylines, and whose character wasn't consumed by some constant need for an agenda.

In my idea world, you'd have a legend who doesn't possess a bombastic attitude -- a guy like Ricky Steamboat has always been perfect in my mind -- who can put on a suit, sit at a desk, and announce that tonight, Kurt Angle is facing Jeff Hardy (or whatever). I don't want authority figures who meddle and hog screen time.

All that said: Hogan is pretty much the antithesis of what's wrong with general managers in wrestling. He has a lengthy reputation and resume to prove it. Time to step aside, old man.
I have to say that I agree with you. I don't know if your old enough to remember the days of Jack Tunney in WWF? Back then you would only see or hear from the "President" if there was something really contentious, like Takers first title win at SS91, or a week later with TiT, or when Savage had his arm mauled by Jake Roberts cobra. That in my mind worked. The way it is now in both TNA and, to a much greater extent, WWE, just doesn't work because it takes time away from the talent in the ring.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-30-2012, 07:41 PM
I will forever be the

AndThat'sTheBottomLine is looking to come up from OCW...AndThat'sTheBottomLine is looking to come up from OCW...AndThat'sTheBottomLine is looking to come up from OCW...AndThat'sTheBottomLine is looking to come up from OCW...

So once again the Hulkster weasels his way onto our tv screens. I don't like it. I hate it. He doesn't need or deserve the time when guys like Storm and Roode are maineventing and he's taking up 20 minutes of time that could be used for those guys. Screw Hogan and his damn ego.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:13 AM
Future Endeavored

RhymeaverseCena ok is looking to come up from OCW...

This company now just got much worse, Hulk Hogan will abuse his power again like he did in WCW and his latter WWE. No one cares for Hogan except people from RAC.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:50 AM
Causing a Ruckusfuck
WCW TV Champion

Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rayne is getting some looks on Smackdown...

What has Hulk Hogan actually *done* for TNA/IW, post-January 2010? I'm personally sick of seeing Hulk Hogan on my television screen, reprising the same role, but I tried to think objectively here.

First, ratings are sinking back towards where they were pre-revamp. People aren't tuning in to see Hulk Hogan anymore, because that novelty has worn off and people can count on him to show up again soon on a TNA/IW program if he's been away for a bit. He no longer "spikes the needles".

Second, who has Hulk Hogan built in his time in TNA/IW? If he's not a main attraction, logic holds his role would be to support the performers who are main attractions. I can't think of a single performer who is better off in TNA/IW now then they were before their association with Hulk Hogan. Maybe Gunner, but for the strict reason that he wasn't present in TNA/IW before Hogan and his existence counts for more than his non-existence.

Obviously Hogan inserts himself into Roode/Storm; what kind of story would it be where the new GM ignores the hot title match people have been waiting on? I have complete faith that Hulk Hogan will become the third man in that story (pun intended), and that his role will become equal to that of Storm and Roode's, rather than being a supporting character in an already hot feud.

That's what depresses me about Hogan- he might pass the torch, but he's going to keep running right alongside of it, in front of the camera if possible.