WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Brad Maddox
Knockout Champion

Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHW View Post
Yes, he never technically won the a world championship. It was handed to him. It was cheap.

Ziggler became champ because Vickie banned the spear, but Edge ended up spearing Ziggler. No pinfall, no submission, hell no count out or dq(we have seen the title change like this before.) He won the title because he was speared in a match where the spear was banned. Then Edge got fired, Ziggler was crowed champion, and 11 minutes and 23 seconds later, Ziggler was striped and fired. I can not think off this as a world title reign.
So you're just going to ignore fact? This is a list of all the World Heavyweight Champions in history. If you look closely, in early 2011, sandwiched between the names Edge and Edge, you can see the words "Dolph Ziggler". So yes, I do count Dolph Ziggler as a former world champion. And so do you. You just don't think of him as one.

And, hey, that's cool. I don't think of Dolph Ziggler as a former world champion. I think of him as an overrated, overhyped midcarder who can hit a nice dropkick.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:03 PM
WZCW's Brent Blaze
Knockout Champion

IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hardcore Kid View Post
Do you recognize Triple H as the first WWE World Heavyweight Champion? It was handed to him.

Do you recognize Mick Foley as the first WWE Hardcore Champion? It was handed to him.

It's wrestling, not boxing. Things like that happen. Plenty of vacated belts handed over to other people, plenty of heelish maneuvers just like the one Dolph pulled.

And the end of the day he officially held the World Heavyweight Championship and is a champion in its lineage. If you don't recognize him as a champion personally, you're defying fact. And that doesn't make a lot of sense.
It is the reason it was handed to him that I don't count him as a former world champ. He won a title because he was speared. I wouldn't count Dolph Ziggler as a world champion because it is my opinion.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-30-2012, 06:50 PM

Wrestlemania 20-0 is looking to come up from OCW...

at the part of this thread the choice of WWE to make Jack Swagger,Alberto Del rio and Dolph ziggler and no forget Daniel Bryan champion is contestable.
I don't think it was credible when you see the Legends of this sport entertainment.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Nah

Gore Illa is looking to come up from OCW...

It's crazy how much they've lowered the prestige of the World Titles for shock value. It's absolutely astonishing to remember that Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler, and The Miz were all once World/WWE Champions, and now, they're fighting for a spot on the Wrestlemania card, 2 of them are in some shitty team, Survivor Series esque match on the biggest show of the year. Shit's crazy man.

To answer your question, technically he is, but then again, technically Ric Flair was supposed to be retired. But things don't always work for the best do they?
Old 03-30-2012, 08:02 PM

Wrestlemania 20-0 is looking to come up from OCW...

you forget Sid for the worst WWE champion in history with his reign of shorts weeks.
The question is, for 2 years the names of WWE champion is not in accordance with the past champion.
this tittle is become deconsedering and leaves his worst since his creation,it's time to unified the WWE tittle and the heavyweight champion for to have ONE champion in WWE.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-01-2012, 01:24 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

xxxdaniel_ariesxxx is looking to come up from OCW...xxxdaniel_ariesxxx is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestlemania 20-0 View Post
you forget Sid for the worst WWE champion in history with his reign of shorts weeks.
First, let me just say that I am in no way a fan of [Psycho] Sid [Justice/Vicious/The Softball Man]... but I don't understand what you are saying because it is just not factually correct. His first WWF Championship Reign lasted from Survivor Series in November '96 until Royal Rumble '97, that's about two months, and his second reign lasted from the night after the February In Your House PPV until WrestleMania in March about a month later... If you think about it, his two reigns lasted nearly as long as The Rocks first THREE reigns.
And Straight Edge means that I'm... Better. Than. You.
xXx
sendpm.gif
Old 04-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Floundering in Mid-Card Hell
Knockout Champion

Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...Trance Metaphor is looking to come up from OCW...

Dolph Ziggler is a former World Heavyweight Champion. There have been plenty of short-reign World Champions in the past, so I don't see why Dolph wouldn't be recognized just like them. John Cena, Triple H, Randy Orton, Andre the Giant, Jeff Hardy and Big Show all had short reigns. Hell, Big Show has the shortest reign of all and he's still being acknowledged as a former World Heavyweight Champion. If you wanna look outside of the WWE, then Sting lost his WCW Championship in the same night he won and Kevin Nash lost his WCW Championship in the same night he 'won' and Tommy Dreamer lost his ECW Championship in the same night he won.