WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-30-2012, 08:27 PM
I will forever be the
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

AndThat'sTheBottomLine is looking to come up from OCW...AndThat'sTheBottomLine is looking to come up from OCW...AndThat'sTheBottomLine is looking to come up from OCW...AndThat'sTheBottomLine is looking to come up from OCW...

What is the Undertaker without the streak? Still one of the greatest of all time. He's been in the ring with the best in the business and put over newer stars. See Randy Orton. Name me another superstar who has had a bigger impact than the Undertaker. That's right nobody. He took a gimmick that nobody today could make work and he made it one of the greatest gimmicks of all time.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:28 PM

DexVendetta88 is looking to come up from OCW...

The streak is just merely a fraction of the Undertaker's legacy. I noticed when they started acknowledging the streak around the time he picked up his 10th win from Flair at WM X8, or it could be even before that but it's the earliest I can remember. But I think his real legacy will be his longevity in the business overall, and how he's managed to stay relevant after a quarter century when in most cases an average wrestler would've gone into obscurity. Another part of his legacy as several mentioned in previous posts is inside the business itself where wrestlers and promoters just have the greatest respect for him no matter what. If you were to rank "locker room generals" my number 1 pick would definitely be Taker because no one has commanded a locker room like the way he has. Streak or no streak the Undertaker's legacy will be impossible to tarnish, and more importantly it'll hard to duplicate. I can tell everyone here for a fact that there will never be another Undertaker in the wrestling business ever again.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-30-2012, 09:21 PM

Drewsky is looking to come up from OCW...

One of the most recognized wrestlers EVER. Hogan, Andre, Rock, Austin, Cena, and Taker i'd say have the most association with wrestling to even those who don't know much about it. Yeah the Streak is his, it will be something that is the most know, but he will still be remembered as someone who has also had one of the longest active/part time careers ever.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:59 PM
WCW TV Champion

GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...

His legacy will be the following

Most memorable devastating matches and fueds (Foley, Triple H, Austin, HBK to name 4)

Most awe inspiding/emotion grabbing entrance - Nothing sends chills down your spine like Taker's entrance with the exception of his Bad Ass/Big Red Evil era's which were just catchy tunes.

He even as a face is still someone that instills fear. (character wise)

He in the last 5yrs has been the biggest selling point for WrestleMania. not the title matches not any other fueds but "Who will face him at Mania" and when will he return to start that road.

a true company man, dependable to go out there year after year and put on watchable matches with anyone and make others look good.

He's the Icon not Sting. He's also the Phenom.

He was the 3rd person to ever have beaten Hogan for the WWF Title and the first to do it in there Rookie year

and lastly he had evolved with the times move wise yet was still able retain the same character and it worked.

So i would say like a Hogan, if he retired then returned every few years for a match it would still sell out and be a big thing.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:31 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Fansince1992 is looking to come up from OCW...Fansince1992 is looking to come up from OCW...Fansince1992 is looking to come up from OCW...Fansince1992 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
WHAT IF WWE HAS THE STREAK END & NEXT YEAR THEY START A ROOKIE WIN EVERY WRESTLEMANIA TO BEAT THE UNDERTAKERS STREAK ???
This is quite interesting. I thought about this myself actually. It would mean a Superstar would have to compete and win in at least 20 Wrestlemanias, to break the streak (If Taker loses to HHH on Sunday) I can't really imagine any of the young Wrestlers on the current Roster being around in 20 years time let alone winning 20 Wrestlemainia matches without a loss.

If it were to start this year,, 20 years down the line would be WM 48 lol.
I would be 53 years old then OMG (Covers Face)

Will WWE still be going in the year 2032? That's a whole new discussion which is a hard question to answer. Some fun facts Rock would be 59 Cena would be 54 and Austin will be 68. Taker himself would also be in his 60s.

I don't think the streak will ever be beaten (again a tough prediction) I do think the streak Taker holds is special , and although he is still a huge star without the streak, i just think the streak defines his whole legacy. The streak for me has made the poorer Wrestlemanias seem much more relevant.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-31-2012, 02:37 PM

Paul Bunyan's Axe is looking to come up from OCW...

I think his legacy is the same with the streak as it is without the streak. He's still held the streak this long, and he's been one of the best performers to ever be in a wrestling ring regardless
sendpm.gif
Old 03-31-2012, 02:54 PM
Sausage Farmers
Knockout Champion

ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...ProWrestlingFan is looking to come up from OCW...

Bill Goldberg's WCW Undefeated streak of 173-0 is much more impressive than Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak. Goldberg defeated greats like hulk Hogan, Sting, The Giant, Scott Hall, Diamond Dallas Page, Curt Henning etc. Goldberg defeated 173 guys in a row... Undertaker defeated 19 once a year.

Goldberg's streak > Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak.

Other than that Undertaker's character is his legacy and his wrestling ability. Not a fan of the Undertaker's "Supernatural" character. He was better as the American Badass (Biker) Undertaker but he is still an icon and a legend.

Last edited by ProWrestlingFan : 03-31-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:59 PM
The Ingrate One
WWF Hardcore Champion

H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...

Call me crazy but I dont think he needs the streak to have a meaningful career. Hes done so much in his time with the WWE for his career to depend on one night out of the year. To me the streak is more of a nuisance than anything and should've ended at WM21. The fact that at this stage we still know that Taker will always win at WM is kind of disappointing and takes away from the overall value of his match with Triple H this Sunday.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:32 PM

Wrestlemania 20-0 is looking to come up from OCW...

the "streak" to Goldberg is an pure invention due to i've heared from Sting and Hogan in different sites.

Undertaker is the ONLY wrestler in wwe history to have 2 streaks actually,he never lost in France in house shows since 1991 and he was undefeated in his first year of WWE in 1990,his first defeat was against Tito Santana.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-01-2012, 02:35 AM
Stop asking me what I'm gonna do!!!
WWE European Champion

Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...Hulk Hogan's Brother scored a win over Santino Marella...

I think that it is the streak that has catapulted Undertaker into the league of legends like Austin, Hogan, Andre, Cena and Rock. These guys were probably bigger and hotter draws than Undertaker but a legacy is not only based on being a great draw. It is based on the fans thinking as to how great you are. Also, though Undertaker may not be as big a draw as the guys I just mentioned, but the streak has become a draw in itself in the last few years and it is the streak that has made Undertaker a pretty big draw in the last few years.

But like I said, a legacy isn't only about becoming a draw. It is about forging an identity in the minds of the fans and The Undertaker has been able to make a huge impression on the fans because of the streak. The streak has become wrestling's very own unbeatable record and Undertaker the Joe DiMaggio, the Joe Louis and the Don Bradman of wrestling. Don Bradman is a cricketer with an average of 99.94 for all of those who are wondering as to who the fuck he is.

What would have been Undertaker's legacy without the streak? Tell me, what would have been the thing that would have stood out about Taker had the streak never happened? His supernatural gimmick? Pretty cool, but not legendary. The best big man wrestler of all time? Again, good but not exactly legendary. The streak is legendary.