WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-29-2012, 01:02 AM
Bra & Panties match winner & NEW...
WWE Diva's Champion

Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...

If the point of this is to get Hawkins over, then he should be put with a big name like how Otunga was with Johnny Ace, Orton & Batista were with HHH & Flair, Rhodes & DiBiase were with Orton, etc. Look at Otunga - when he was with Nexus, he was known as Jennifer Hudson's husband. Now he's developed his own entrance, his own gimmick and his own quirks (*sips from thermos*).

That's what needs to happen to Hawkins, he needs to be attached to someone for a little while. I don't think Ryder is the right guy, maybe someone a bit more established like Vickie Guerrero or John Cena - depending on where they want to take his character. Either way, a feud with Ryder is not the way to go and will get both guys lost in the shuffle.

You Can't See Me
sendpm.gif
Old 03-29-2012, 01:18 AM

VanillaGorilla is looking to come up from OCW...

This thread is asking how would you book it, right? Not would you book it.

I personally would like to see this feud. I would book it starting with a tag team storyline at first (if WWE ever decides to have tag teams on tv again).

Have Hawkins/Reks vs Ryder and a tag partner, like Justin Gabriel or even Johnny Curtis, in a match to determine the number 1 contenders for the tag titles. Ryder pins Hawkins and that's when hawkin's frustration comes out on tv. Have Hawkins and Reks jump Ryder backstage, cost Ryder matches or things along that line.

That would be how I would at least start it. Not sure what I would do after that
sendpm.gif
Old 03-29-2012, 01:25 AM
The NIWM

Moffat09 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think that zack Ryder needs to long stronger...... I don't really know how they would achieve that because I don't think Ryder could beat both Hawkins and reks ...... But Ryder should defiantly be made to look stronger!
sendpm.gif
Old 03-29-2012, 02:49 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...TempestH is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
I've read Lance Storm's answer to this kind of question many times. The answer in short: it depends on who you are. If Cena has an idea for an angle, there's a good chance someone is going to listen to him and that he might get to do it because he's John Cena and he's earned the right to have some input. If you're Yoshi Tatsu, someone will probably ask who you are.

As for this angle, the problem is Hawkins and Ryder haven't teamed together in years. Most of the fans aren't going to remember anything about them, partially because they didn't mean much. Yeah they were champions and all that, but the titles don't really mean a ton, especially back when there were two sets. This feud would be a step backwards for Ryder, which is the last thing he needs at the moment. Ryder was the more talented and ambitious of the team and has gotten the push because of it. No need to have this feud.
Why not have the feud just because WWE needs to stop pushing one midcarder at a time at the expense of everyone else? That's the whole reason Ryder made the show in the first place. No one really needs to get pushed, they just need to matter, rather than having a midcard consisting entirely of whichever main eventers aren't currently going after the titles.

A feud with Hawkins is far from a step backwards. Ryder may have gotten more TV time, but he's still pretty much booked like a jobber. He just happens to be a relevant jobber.

Last edited by TempestH : 03-29-2012 at 02:54 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-29-2012, 03:23 AM
Banned From Tire Commercials
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempestH View Post
Why not have the feud just because WWE needs to stop pushing one midcarder at a time at the expense of everyone else? That's the whole reason Ryder made the show in the first place. No one really needs to get pushed, they just need to matter, rather than having a midcard consisting entirely of whichever main eventers aren't currently going after the titles.

A feud with Hawkins is far from a step backwards. Ryder may have gotten more TV time, but he's still pretty much booked like a jobber. He just happens to be a relevant jobber.
So the solution to a guy who is being booked like a jobber is to have him face another jobber?

Hawkins isn't worth the time. He's been on NXT and is arguably the top heel there. He hasn't done anything in that role and has bored me to death with it. Ryder is a guy who is very over with the crowd and should be in title hunts, not slumming with a guy like Hawkins. Ryder moved up, Hawkins hasn't, and there's no reason for Ryder to be paired with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.