WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-26-2012, 05:13 AM
Knows his role. Shuts your mouth!
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Skinsley is looking to come up from OCW...Skinsley is looking to come up from OCW...

So some people said to get rid of him?

Yes he is terrible in the ring! But he is improving, so he must be working on it?
His Gimmick is getting serious heat, and he has had a few wins against the likes of Big Zeke and Santino, so really why Future endeavour someone that has potential?
What he is doing right now is excellent for somebody of his limited ability. He can get heat and TV time whilst training behind the scenes.

He is the Captain of team Laurinitis(?) for god sakes! At WRESTLEMANIA Damn it!
He is Good on the Mic, his personal life means people can take personal stuff on him during feuds and he is built like a brick shit house.

Having said all that. I dont like Otunga.
But I see that he currently has a place in WWE and long may it last.

Hate Cena. Respect Cena.

Hello, I'm AWESOME!
sendpm.gif
Old 03-26-2012, 06:04 AM

anthonymclaughlin is looking to come up from OCW...

Hell I'll just say it, I like Otunga, his sleazy lawyer gimmick never fail's to make me chuckle. I also think he looked really good in his match with Kofi, now i know a lot of people will throw out the old "carried" excuse (which I think is used way too often to explain away an unliked wrestler's in ring development) but he actually managed to come across as a character, flexing and posing at every opportunity . Too many wrestler's now day's are completely unable to show any personality trait's in-ring. This vain arrogant guy could be a great mid-carder and in a few years, who knows??
sendpm.gif
Old 03-26-2012, 06:16 AM

BigRedMachine88 is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't get the problem everyone has with otunga. He's not that bad in the ring, he is definitely better than Mason Ryan, hell i'd even say he's better than Zack Ryder. I like the lawyer character, and while i wouldn't say he does anything that particularly excite's me, he doesn't bore me either.

As for Henry, i think he needs to stay in his current role as a dominant solo heel. He's played the role really well since his big push, and at least deserves to stay at the main event level for a little while longer.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-26-2012, 06:54 AM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

All in all, I've got no problem with what's being done with Otunga. Otunga is a guy that's had some shortcomings. I know some rag on his in-ring abilities, justifiably so, but I do think Otunga has genuinely improved in the ring. He actually has solid timing and doesn't move around as though he's worried he might trip over his own two feet at any given moment. Not saying he's great, but he is better.

Also, Otunga seems comfortable in his current role, which isn't surprising as it's so close to life. He makes a good toadie and, thankfully, they haven't made him into one of those sniveling turds. Otunga comes off as someone that Big Johnny doesn't just tolerate, but someone he likes having around. Kind of an actual ally, someone useful to his plans rather than a Yes Man.

That doesn't mean that Otunga doesn't have work to do because he does. However, this is a good role in which his shortcomings can be hidden while his positives are also put on display. Otunga isn't an over the top heel right now, which is good because not only is he not ready for it, but it doesn't fit with his character. After all, one does expect a Harvard educated attorney to behave with an air of arrogance and a little dignity.

As for possibly teaming with Mark Henry, it's not a bad idea overall. Henry is a monster and he's progressed too far to just be casually tossed aside. Having him as the dominant powerhouse of a team while Otunga as sort of the more athletic brains of the group could provide a fun dynamic.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 03-26-2012, 07:21 AM

Los666 is looking to come up from OCW...

Otunga needs more time in development if they intend to keep him wrestling. I'd rather just see him as an authority figure since his gimmick is his strongest trait at the moment. If Ace's team wins at Mania I'd like to see Otunga installed as Ace's representative to Smackdown, delivering whatever orders or decisions Ace wishes to make to the wrestlers every week.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-26-2012, 10:25 AM
Behold my diction
Knockout Champion

enviousdominous is looking to come up from OCW...enviousdominous is looking to come up from OCW...enviousdominous is looking to come up from OCW...enviousdominous is looking to come up from OCW...enviousdominous is looking to come up from OCW...enviousdominous is looking to come up from OCW...

At this point I have to admit that the bar representing my standard for wrestling talent is pretty damn low in that the only people making an effort to raise it are Punk and Bryan.

Is David Otunga shit in the ring? Oh Hell yes. Shaemus, Cena, Rock, Ryan and Miz? They're the shit standard.

WWE is character (asshole) driven. Rewarding a WWE talent for superior wrestling versatility is like rewarding an elected official for having integrity. Fans are more likely to pop for a people's elbow than they are to pop for a backflip off the top rope.

David Otunga as a character for storyline purposes works for me, I say let Santino carry him through 2012. At best Otunga has potential, which is more than I can say for the shit wrestlers who came before him.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-26-2012, 11:39 AM

markostojic is looking to come up from OCW...

Now, I'm just throwing this out there, but what is Johnny Ace made him the "Executive Vice Manager of blah, blah, blah" and, basically, he was the Mid-Card GM? That leaves Johnny to take care of the main event (and Cena ) while Otunga takes care of the US, Tag Team and (after WM) the IC title? Basically, he keeps his role of "douchy, ass-kisser with power+influence" but in a bit more a major way. Also, then the Mid-Card gets some more attention and fun! He can make matches for Swagger's title, while JL can give Ziggler a match! Then, of course, that would requires Vickie G to blow them both, but whatevs, I don't think Ziggler minds, anymore
sendpm.gif
Old 03-26-2012, 11:54 AM

Vanderhook is looking to come up from OCW...

What to do with Otunga?

Exactly what they are doing now. His role right now is perfectly suited for him.

I love the direction with his character, very entertaining and cool. Johnny has really elevated Otunga to seem a lot more legit, and I think to a lesser extent Otunga has done the same to Johnny. He's got a good gimmick now, good ring attire, above average promo skills and of course a fantastic physique.. all he needs is better in-ring work. He sucks in the ring, we can all tell, but he IS getting better so give him a chance.

I also completely agree with Jack Hammer that his "lackey" gimmick is much better than other ones as he actually seems to have some legitimate skills that help out Johnny Ace. In fact, at times it even seems like Otunga is the mastermind behind many of Ace's schemes.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-26-2012, 12:42 PM

hockeydude29 is looking to come up from OCW...

I liked him best when he was in Nexus, he needs a good tag partner and maybe a run for the tag titles, but I dont want to see him winning the US or IC title, and for sure not the world titles
sendpm.gif
Old 03-28-2012, 10:47 PM

ultramattman is looking to come up from OCW...ultramattman is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm absolutely thrilled that David Otunga has evolved into an interesting wrestler. He was AWFUL on NXT - absolutely horrible in the ring and on the mic. But you could still see that flash of potential. Otunga hung around the fringes of the low card for a year or so, and a year and a half later he's shown real progress. If you told me two years ago that David Otunga would have my interest and Jack Swagger wouldn't, I'd have never believed it.

I'd do big things with David Otunga for the rest of 2012. I'd have him win the title off Santino and become the primary midcard villain, feuding with Kofi and Truth.
sendpm.gif