WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-25-2012, 11:57 PM
Crossface Chickenwing
WWE Diva's Champion

SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...SinCityBlitz is looking to come up from OCW...

If I have to pick from that list I go with Bret vs USA. I fucking loved how Bret was cheered like hell one week while being booed out of the building the next.

But if I had to pick my own it has to be nWo vs WCW. That was one of the biggest feuds ever.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-26-2012, 12:21 AM

PunkTruster91 is looking to come up from OCW...

Hands down, Vince McMahon vs Steve Austin
Changed the entertainment aspect of WWE as we know it. good feud.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-26-2012, 11:00 AM
Forward Thinking Nostalgist
WCW TV Champion

The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...

Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho in 2008; perfectly booked as two equals, a storyline that injected real life into it's fabric giving it a true emotion most wrestling lacks these days. The progression of the feud made sense and the promos + match quality and variety were all top class, both guys came out of the feud looking even bigger stars than they already were.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-26-2012, 11:36 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

GCB is looking to come up from OCW...GCB is looking to come up from OCW...GCB is looking to come up from OCW...GCB is looking to come up from OCW...GCB is looking to come up from OCW...GCB is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eighties View Post
Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho in 2008; perfectly booked as two equals, a storyline that injected real life into it's fabric giving it a true emotion most wrestling lacks these days. The progression of the feud made sense and the promos + match quality and variety were all top class, both guys came out of the feud looking even bigger stars than they already were.
Would agree with that completely. Despite being a fan of Michaels, that was when I really got back into Jericho - I'd never really taken to heel Jericho before when he turned in 2001. Those were stellar matches back in 2008 and I was so excited by the idea of the Ladder Match - was like a big kid again. IIRC, the Ladder Match wasn't as great as I expected (I was judging by HBK vs. Razor in 1994 and Jericho vs. Benoit in 2001 and thought they'd be amazing together) but it was still excellent.

Stone Cold vs. Vince McMahon wins hands down - not my favourite but it changed the business so much. The subsequent WM17 turn from Austin was so shocking because of the feud before it. It's a shame that heel turn went down in front of Austin's home town as it lost it's impact on the night as the Texans kept cheering for him. My personal favourite - other than the afore mentioned Y2J and HBK feud - would be Punk and Cena last year. For a few weeks, wrestling became magical and unpredictable again. It was frustrating when the WWE rushed Punk back and then dropped the ball with it but for a few weeks, that feud excited me again.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-26-2012, 11:40 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...

WCW vs WWE the Minday Night Wars.

thats when wrestling was at its best. they had to make their own feuds within the company great cause there was real feud and power struggle going on for ratings and personel.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-26-2012, 01:49 PM

Last Outlaw is looking to come up from OCW...

SCSA vs The Rock from late 1997-2003 is the best rivlary I've ever seen. It's really flawless no matter how you look at it since it had several great matches, the build up to those matches was tremendous and it really made you anticipate and look forward to the match itself. There's a perfect blend of entertainment, intensity and hatred between the two. I'm also a fan of rivalries that extend over the years like this one did.

Here's a brief description for each time they feuded:

- Their whole interaction in late 1997 over the IC title. Austin was over big at the time and above working the midcard at this time but this feud helped The Rock establish further as a heel. I remember the match at DX: IYH; it was far from a classic but had some cool spots involving the N.O.D members and the truck. Later, Austin handing over the IC title to The Rock only to stun him and throw the belt into the river the next week. They were also the final two at the Rumble in 1998 and it was clear they were going to cross paths again.

- Their next feud came during the period The Rock was the corporate champ heading into WM 15. Austin was over big in this time period and Rock was over too, people were still cheering for him despite being a heel and it was obvious they were the top two in the company at the time. Austin crashing the scene with the beer truck, cutting a great promo and giving the beer bath on the RAW before WM 15 is one of my favorite moments. They had a solid match at WM and continued to feud until Backlash. There was a funny segment with Rock throwing Austin's smoking skull belt into the river along with Austin himself while Austin crushed The Rock's limo the next week. This was a heated rivalry that blended entertainment with a high level of intensity and aggression between the two. Their match at Backlash was great but that resulted the end of the feud since Rock turned face the next night.

- Their next feud from the night after No Way Out to WM 17 is the best one since it featured the best build up as well as the best match between the two and it's no surprise why WM 17 had such a HIGH domestic buyrate. This match is a classic, the build is a classic and the end result is a shocking swerve with the heel turn. There's a great, serious interview with the two conducted by JR, some heated segments and they really sold the feud well. They didn't really feud for the rest of the year but they did lock horns at Rebellion, had that singing segment before 2001 SvS and were the final two in the winner take all (WCW/WWF) match.

- Their last feud is based on Rock having never beaten SCSA at WM and has some entertaining segments like The Rock's first ever concert. The match is great despite Austin being in poor condition and The Rock's over the top antics make the match much more entertaining and certainly a classic. It was a fitting end to a great rivalry.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:03 PM

stevieg786 is looking to come up from OCW...

The Rock vs Stone Cold

two of the greatest ever, untouchable feud.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-04-2012, 11:53 AM

JakeAdams is looking to come up from OCW...

I think the best feud of the last 15 years is Vince Russo vs. the fans/internet. This has provided more shoot interviews, comments, internet death threats. Every time you heard that he was going to be working for tna you cringed. Vince Russo, must have spent nights thinking, "how can I be worse than ole anderson, bill watts and dusty rhodes". Well he did it! His name will be synonymous with the hate till he dies. Best feud ever!
Old 04-04-2012, 06:53 PM

Wrestlemania 20-0 is looking to come up from OCW...

i'am not fan of Brock Lesnar but i'm recognized the great feud between him and Angle.
Monstruous rivality with the spectacular Iron man match win by Brock 5 to 4.
it has engendred the debut of an long series of PPV for Brock culminate with the demolition of Hogan to passed with his famous duel with The phenom.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

AwesomeRko is looking to come up from OCW...AwesomeRko is looking to come up from OCW...

Rock vs Stone Cold in my opinion the best fued of all time between two of the top 3 icons in history. It had everything some of the greatest promo work ever, the biggest crowd reactions, divided opinions culminating in 3 absolutely incredible matches at Wrestlemania. Absolutely epic.