WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who Is Most Associated With Hart?
Greg Valentine 1 1.20%
Adrian Adonis 0 0%
The Funks 0 0%
The Hart Foundation 26 31.33%
Danny Davis 0 0%
The Honky Tonk Man 22 26.51%
The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers 0 0%
Dino Bravo 1 1.20%
Earthquake 5 6.02%
The Nasty Boys 9 10.84%
The Mountie 0 0%
The Natural Disasters 0 0%
Money Inc. 1 1.20%
Hulk Hogan 16 19.28%
Other 2 2.41%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-24-2012, 01:02 AM
AJ Lee calls me everynight!!
Million Dollar Champion

Pedigree1 scored a win over Santino Marella...Pedigree1 scored a win over Santino Marella...Pedigree1 scored a win over Santino Marella...Pedigree1 scored a win over Santino Marella...Pedigree1 scored a win over Santino Marella...Pedigree1 scored a win over Santino Marella...Pedigree1 scored a win over Santino Marella...Pedigree1 scored a win over Santino Marella...Pedigree1 scored a win over Santino Marella...Pedigree1 scored a win over Santino Marella...Pedigree1 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Two come to mind for me the hart foundation and You cant forget Honky!! If memory recalls me correctly didnt the harts screw the british bulldogs when dangerous danny davis (those of you old enough to remember that)screwed the bulldogs to the heel tag team the harts!! Thats one memory that comes to mind!

Ahh the greatest IC champion of all time Honky Tonk Man!! Hell even poor jimmy got a haircut for his beloved champion when that chump brutus bullied poor Jimmy!! So its the hart foundation and Honky Tonk Man two immediately come to mind
Old 03-24-2012, 07:31 AM
WCW TV Champion

GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Singles - Honky Tonk Man. (no explanation needed)

Tag - The Hart Foundation. the name said it all, though they didn't last long and he had more exposure with other teams the Hart Foundation is what started it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedigree1 View Post
Two come to mind for me the hart foundation and You cant forget Honky!! If memory recalls me correctly didnt the harts screw the british bulldogs when dangerous danny davis (those of you old enough to remember that)screwed the bulldogs to the heel tag team the harts!! Thats one memory that comes to mind!

Ahh the greatest IC champion of all time Honky Tonk Man!! Hell even poor jimmy got a haircut for his beloved champion when that chump brutus bullied poor Jimmy!! So its the hart foundation and Honky Tonk Man two immediately come to mind
Yes in between WrestleMania 2 and 3 he screwed the Bulldogs and Tito Santana out of the Tag Titles and the IC Title respectevly. Santana losing to Randy Savage and The Bulldogs losing to The Hart Foundationby the time WrestleMania 3 rolled around Jimmy Hart had taken Davis into his stable and he competed at WrestleMania 3 with the Hart Foundation against the British Bulldogs and Tito Santana and Davis got the pinfall after Bret nailed someone with the megaphone and draped Davis over the carcas. but it didn't last long they scrapped it and he went back to being a regular referee never to speak again of his evil ways. Good memory
Old 03-24-2012, 08:45 AM
Has the dubious honor of being
ECW Champion

Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...

Definitely Honky Tonk Man, because they were two of a kind. Honky Tonk played a rock n' roller, while Hart was a rock n' roller (lead singer of the Gentrys). To my 7-year-old mind, Honky Tonk really was a rocka-billy and watching Hart dancing and flitting all around him looked to me like a perfectly matched team.

Jimmy Hart was also interesting as a "gnat" to performers like Earthquake and The Natural Disasters, providing movement and excitement to their immobile presence. But it was as a counterpart to Honky Tonk Man that I most closely associate Hart.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:08 AM

JackDanielsKickedMyAss is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm not dissing any of you guys (or gals) but you have TOTALLY missed the boat on this one!
The man that should be at the top of the list beyond a shadow of doubt is.....
JERRY "THE KING" LAWLER!!
Jerry brought Jimmy Hart into the business in the late 70'/early 80's....search them together on YouTube and the proof is in the pudding.
Longest running feud in wrestling history, no doubt! If you haven't read Jerry's book, do so. There's more there.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-25-2012, 01:12 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

DirtyD79 is looking to come up from OCW...DirtyD79 is looking to come up from OCW...DirtyD79 is looking to come up from OCW...DirtyD79 is looking to come up from OCW...DirtyD79 is looking to come up from OCW...

For singles wrestlers the Honky Tonk Man, for tag teams I'd say The Nasty Boys. I especially remember that nasty boys motor cycle helmet that got used as a foreign object a couple times.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:52 AM

Tree Of Woe is looking to come up from OCW...

I voted for the Hart Foundation, that was where I first learned of Jimmy Hart. I think an honorable mention should go to the Dungeon of Doom. Obviously its not what Hart is most known for managing, but I really liked that gimmick when it was in its prime.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:01 AM
Forward Thinking Nostalgist
ROH Pure Champion

The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...

For me it's Earthquake just ahead of Honky. That angle where Quake attacked Hogan and he was stretchered out with an oxygen mask on as Hart was yelling about Hulkamania being dead through his megaphone will always stay in my mind as a defining moment, especially since Hogan never beat Quake in a one on one PPV match, their feud ended at the Rumble in 91 when they were the last 2 in the match.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-26-2012, 11:12 AM
My nipples hurt.
Mr. Money in the Bank

D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...
Send a message via AIM to D-Man Send a message via MSN to D-Man

The Hart Foundation. No doubt about it.

I have no many fond memories of Jimmy's run as a heel manager. But every time I think of him in a match, I think of Wrestlemania III - The British Bulldogs and Tito Santana w/Matilda versus The Hart Foundation and Danny Davis w/Jimmy Hart. The buildup was SO awesome... Danny Davis allowed the Hart Foundation to face the Bulldogs and use illegal double-team maneuvers to an injured Dynamite Kid, thus forcing the Bulldogs to lose the WWF Tag Team Titles. Jack Tunney (RIP) stripped Danny Davis of his referee powers and made him an active wrestler. It resulted in the WM3 six man tag team match that ended with the Hart Foundation being victorious but Jimmy Hart was mauled by Matilda. It was one of the funniest things I had ever seen.

Then, later on in the night, Jimmy was tied up by Jake Roberts and taunted by a snake-carrying Alice Cooper.

Man, I miss Jimmy Hart...

Click for Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696
Let's IP ban you and find out. Who the fuck are you kidding? Do you really think you understand the situation better than I do? Fuck off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal
I will say it though, this would be pretty fucking cool if it didnt suck ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC25 View Post
Wait...a SMILEY with a LIGHTSABER!? God, no! Anything but that!
Are you going to hurl your virginity at me next???
sendpm.gif
Old 03-26-2012, 05:34 PM
Totally Reeking of Awesomeness
X-Division Champion

HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...HBsam31 scored a win over Santino Marella...

For me it has to be the Honky Tonk Man. The Hart Foundation was a very very close second, but when I think of Jimmy Hart I think coronal, and that nickname cam directly from managing Honky. I also think of jimmy Hart holding up the gold record for honka honka honky love lol. These manager threads are awesome by the way.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-28-2012, 03:56 AM
Bada Boom! Realest Guy in the Room.
Mr. Money in the Bank

Theo Mays is getting phone calls from TNA...Theo Mays is getting phone calls from TNA...Theo Mays is getting phone calls from TNA...Theo Mays is getting phone calls from TNA...Theo Mays is getting phone calls from TNA...Theo Mays is getting phone calls from TNA...Theo Mays is getting phone calls from TNA...Theo Mays is getting phone calls from TNA...Theo Mays is getting phone calls from TNA...Theo Mays is getting phone calls from TNA...Theo Mays is getting phone calls from TNA...
Send a message via AIM to Theo Mays Send a message via MSN to Theo Mays Send a message via Skype™ to Theo Mays

It's all about Honky Tonk Man here. I compare this to the reason behind my Fuji/Demolition pick. With Jimmy Hart at his side Honky Tonk Man became the longest reigning IC champion in history, much like Demolition did with the tag titles. Honky was nothing more than a low card Elvis impersonator yet he managed to win the IC title and hang onto it for ages. Jimmy Hart was definitely a key player in that. Hart and Honky were a great tandem and throw in Valentine as well. It just worked and Honky's success pretty much banks on Hart and that is a big reason for my selection.
sendpm.gif