WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Who Is Most Associated With Heenan?
Big John Studd 6 5.17%
Ken Patera 0 0%
King Kong Bundy 1 0.86%
Paul Orndorff 0 0%
Harley Race 0 0%
Hercules 0 0%
Haku/Islanders 2 1.72%
Andre The Giant 42 36.21%
Rick Rude 16 13.79%
Red Rooster 0 0%
Brain Busters 2 1.72%
Barbarian 0 0%
Mr. Perfect 24 20.69%
Ric Flair 13 11.21%
Other 10 8.62%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2012, 07:48 PM
Deadly Rap Cannibal
King of the Ring

Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Sexy is going to make some noise in the draft...

The one that immediately came to my mind when I saw the thread title was Andre. After thinking for a few seconds three more names came to mind. Two of those names are popular choices in this thread, Mr Perfect and Rick Rude. The third name, however, is one that I don't think has been mentioned but I associate strongly with Heenan. That third name is Haku.

Haku came into the WWE as one half of the Islanders along with Tama and they were managed by Heenan. They had a very memorable feud with the British Buldogs and Heenan was heavily involved in that feud. Then when Haku branched out on his own and became King Haku, Heenan was still with him. Then Haku formed the Colossal Connection with Andre where Heenan was again the manager. Basically Haku was under Heenan in three different gimmicks over the course of 4-5 years. In fact I don't think anyone was under Heenan's tutelage in the WWE longer then Haku was.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:48 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

JJohns is looking to come up from OCW...JJohns is looking to come up from OCW...

The wrestler that I most associate with Heenan isn't even a wrestler that he managed. That wrestler being Hulk Hogan. You look at the one goal that the Heenan family had, and that was to take the title off of Hogan. Even years later, when Heenan was announcing for WCW, when Hogan turned heel, Heenan was the one that went, "You see, I've said it all these years, he was no good."
sendpm.gif
Old 03-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Forward Thinking Nostalgist
WCW TV Champion

The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...

Rick Rude for me, he had such a great chemistry with Heenan both during matches and on mic segments, plus I always see Heenan's face with that smug laugh every time Rude did his pre-match robe removal promo.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-26-2012, 05:16 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Andre, biggest match, biggest event, and Andre's heel turn in 1987 was the biggest ever in the decade, as huge as Hogan's NWO turn 9yrs later. Heenan was a big part of the success of Curt Henning, Rick Rude, The Brainbusters, and his performance as color man during the 92 Royal Rumble was awesome (my all time fav Heenan moment) but for me the first wrestler and moment that comes to mind when I hear his name is walking down that aisle at WrestleMania 3 leading Andre into the main event vs Hogan
sendpm.gif
Old 03-28-2012, 03:27 AM
Bada Boom! Realest Guy in the Room.
Mr. Money in the Bank

Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...Theo Mays is a Television Champion...
Send a message via AIM to Theo Mays Send a message via MSN to Theo Mays Send a message via Skype™ to Theo Mays

A little late to the threads, but better late than never. First off, this is a nice series of threads you got going here Brain, kudos.

Onto the topic at hand. The first wrestler that pops into my head when I think of Bobby Heenan is Mr. Perfect. I was born in 1989 and I was watching wrestling for as long as I can remember. I got a bunch of old tapes from PPVs in the late 80s and early 90s and Mr. Perfect always drew me in as a kid for someone reason and I'm sure Bobby Heenan played a part in that. Heenan and Perfect go hand in hand with me. Andre is obviously the popular choice as that was Heenan's man to dethrone Hulkamania. Other than Perfect and Andre the next name that came to me was Big John Studd. You really can't go wrong with a handful of these guys as Heenan managed a slew of great superstars.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-03-2012, 01:38 AM
KAAARRREENNN!!!!!!!
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Henry Hill is looking to come up from OCW...Henry Hill is looking to come up from OCW...Henry Hill is looking to come up from OCW...Henry Hill is looking to come up from OCW...Henry Hill is looking to come up from OCW...Henry Hill is looking to come up from OCW...Henry Hill is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judah's Lion View Post
"it's not fair to Flair!" whenever i think of Bobby, i think of this phrase. it was so annoying to hear it every ten seconds at the 92 Rumble, but it was perfect. Flair didn't need Bobby, but they fit well together.

it was so ridiculous and is a perfect example of why Bobby was "the Brain". freaking brilliant commentary and post-win promo.
I agree whole heartedly here. The Its not fair to flair line could have been a one off, but Heenan's repetition make an indelible part of wrestling folklore. When Heenan Brought in flair it was magic. They were tailor made for each other. I can only imagine Heenan being the manager of the four horsemen as opposed to JJ dillon, but then again why pair the best mouthpiece in the biz with the best mic guy?

In a wildly different swing i also most associate Heenan with none other than Hulk Hogan. His constant verbal beration on commentary and constantly trying to dethrone Hogan was a HUGE part of the WWF's success in the 80's i link Heenan to hogan much the same way we'd link rock and austin or HBK and bret hart. they helped make one another and the business.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:12 AM
Mad Fer It!
World Heavyweight Champion

Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...Triple Naitch is a Television Champion...

For me it has to be Ric Flair.

Heenan brought Flair into the WWF in the early 1990s as "The Real World's Champion", when Flair was still in possesion of the WCW Heavyweight Title (which he technically owned at the time) and made him out to be the best wrestler in the world, claiming that he was better than the current WWF Champion, Hulk Hogan.

I didn't watch wrestling at the time, but I think that whole storyline was awesome.

I know people will go with other choices such as Andre The Giant or Mr Perfect, but that was the first thing that I thought of when I saw the title of this thread.

BRING BACK TARA!
sendpm.gif
Old 04-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Bra & Panties match winner & NEW...
WWE Diva's Champion

Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...

I think Rick Rude primarily because I was a Warrior fanatic growing up and I'll never forget how Bobby Heenan cost Warrior the title. That one moment stood out for me and that's why I can never shake the image of Heenan + Rude.

Alternatively, I would have picked Giant, Flair and Perfect, in that order. Heenan appearing on Piper's Pit with Andre was literally the catalyst that changed the wrestling world. That's a pretty good way to create an association with another wrestler!

You Can't See Me
sendpm.gif