WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-26-2012, 10:29 AM
Has never been a
WWE Women's Champion

NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...NegativeFeedback worked a dark match on ECW recently...

The only way I can see an Iron Man match working is if they make it an Extreme Rules Ironman match. But I just don't see Jericho working ANY type of match that goes 1 hour. And frankly, I don't think I want to see it. It's not that I don't enjoy the wrestling, of course I do, it's that the suspense goes away once you know this match isn't ending for another 60 minutes. Once it's at the 20 minute mark, you'll realize there is no suspense whatsoever until those final 5 minutes.

Anyway, I think the Extreme Rules card will look like this. Note that neither Rock, Undertaker or Triple H are on the card, because it's not WrestleMania and if they appear on the show and it doesn't get a good buyrate, it will damage their egos. Whatever. Here it is:

1. WWE Championship: CM Punk (c) vs. Chris Jericho- TLC match (TLC is no longer its own PPV)
2. John Cena vs. Lord Tensai- Falls Count Anywhere?
3. World Heavyweight Championship: Sheamus (c) vs. Randy Orton vs. Daniel Bryan- Triple Threat match
4. WWE Diva's Championship: Layla vs. Beth Phoenix (c)- Extreme Makeover match (They did it before, even though its a stupid stip)
5. United States Championship: Santino Marella (c) vs. David Otunga- Texas Bullrope match or something weird
6. Intercontinental Championship: The Big Show vs. Cody Rhodes (c)- Steel Cage match (I see Kane attacking Big Show for another random Kane feud)
7. The Miz vs. Christian- Tables match (I see The Miz turning face and feuding with JL)
8. Tag Team Championship: Kofi Kingston and R-Truth vs. Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger vs. Primo and Epico (c)- Ladder match (I see the Swigglers winning the title on Raw beforehand though)

Zack Ryder will be snubbed from the PPV which to me is a big mistake. He should be feuding with Kane right now at WrestleMania. After losing, he should get his big rematch here and get his revenge on Kane. It's a shame Del Rio will be snubbed again. He's being ridiculously underused.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Forward Thinking Nostalgist
WCW TV Champion

The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...

I think there will definitely be a rematch at Extreme Rules but my guess is that it will be an I quit match where Jericho will bust out a bottle of Jack D to try and make Punk quit.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-26-2012, 12:28 PM
AJ Lee calls me everynight!!
WCW TV Champion

Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...Pedigree1 is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I am all for this one!! An iron man match between arguably the two best wrestlers in the world today. Hell yah but at extreme rules? ER is just a hardcore PPV but yes i would love an iron man match. The only thing that concerns me is well two things actually.

One being Can Jericho do it? He is over 40 while he is in amazing shape can he do it? An hour is awfully long time to go i think he can do it.

Another thing is the WHC rematch likely being Bryan as the challenger challenging sheamus for the WHC! I dont want that match to be shortened at all or the IC title match that match i dont wanna see shortened. The divas match can be shortened and the tag titles haven't been a main focus in so long you can do without a tag team title match.

Take out the tag team title match and there is your gap to give the proper iron match its due time. I know vinnie mac wont cut down on backstage segments but something has to go and i feel its that!! Have the tag titles defended on the following Monday Night Raw!!
Old 03-26-2012, 12:31 PM

markostojic is looking to come up from OCW...

I agree with most, but I think (or hope, I can't really tell the difference) the Punk-Jericho rematch will be a submission match. I've been praying for their WM28 match to be one, but I suppose I'm not that lucky :/ Then I believe (again, maybe its just blind hope) that Cody Rhodes can move on to a legitimate feud. I just don't believe Rhodes v. Show. It may just be me, and I might just be weird that way, but I'm simply not buying it. And finally, I don't see that tag match happening. Vince (and Trips, for that matter) doesn't care about tag teams enough to put 4 possible top talents in, what they would call, a "throw-away, time taker just to get the tag titles on the card." I personally see the tag titles not being defended at Extreme Rules. But, like I said, I like the rest! I don't see McMahon turning Miz face ANYTIME soon, as much as i wish he would, but if he does, I would LOVE a Miz-Christian feud. Good calls
sendpm.gif
Old 03-26-2012, 03:18 PM
WZCW's Brent Blaze
Knockout Champion

IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...

An Iron Man match would be great, but it is a bit far fetched for the PPV following 'Mania.

The ER card will be full of fairly important rematches. I don't think there will be room for Punk/Jericho to have a 60 minute match.

Maybe they could do 30? How about a Ladder match? What about a Last Man Standing? Or an all new match idea? Punk and Jericho could surly come up with WWE's next PPV name, I mean next match concept.

No matter what the match will be, Punk vs. Jericho will put on a great rematch at Extreme Rules that may outshine the WrestleMania match they have scheduled.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-26-2012, 06:38 PM

Thorodrew Atlas is looking to come up from OCW...

You guys gotta realize that the WWE isn't afraid to leave people off PPVs. An Iron Man Match is possible, but i doubt it. I would love to see an Ultimate Submission match instead. It's gonna be a ladder match or something though.

CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho (Submission Match)

Sheamus vs. Bryan (Extreme Rules)

Cena vs. Lord Tensai (Falls Count Anywhere) *going off rumors only.

Beth Phx vs Eve vs Kelly Kelly (LumberJill Match)

Ziggler/ Swagger vs. Epico/Primo (Ladder Match)

Randy Orton vs. Kane (Last Man Standing)

Big Show vs. Rhodes vs. Miz (Triple Threat Hardcore Match) *Miz may interfere in their match for no reason at WM

Santino/R-truth/Kofi vs. Henry/Ortuga/Christian (Elmination Tables Match)
^
To give one of the gm's who lost at WM (doesn't matter who) their job back in some capacity like an assistant.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-05-2012, 12:34 PM

Christian101 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Extreme Rules Prediction Thread

This thread just goes towards matches, gimmicks and anything extreme about the Extreme Rules PPV.

I think CM Punk vs Chris Jericho in a Steel Cage for the WWE Championship would be a good finishing match on the card.
Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan would be another good match, possibly including Del Rio, in an Extreme Ruls match maybe?

Thoughts?
sendpm.gif
Old 04-05-2012, 01:02 PM

#BestInTheWorld is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian101 View Post
This thread just goes towards matches, gimmicks and anything extreme about the Extreme Rules PPV.

I think CM Punk vs Chris Jericho in a Steel Cage for the WWE Championship would be a good finishing match on the card.
Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan would be another good match, possibly including Del Rio, in an Extreme Ruls match maybe?

Thoughts?
I'm not too sure about the WWEC being a cage match, due to the rumour of No Way Out returning, which is going to be based on cage matches. (Only a rumour, I don't know anything else otherwise)

I can see a triple threat Extreme Rules match happening, if ADR does worm his way into the picture.

Wouldn't surprise me to see a Chairs or Tables match between Big Show and and opponent for the IC title (Cody Rhodes I assume)

Santino in a ladder match for the US title maybe?

Not forgetting a Cena - Lesnar match, I could see this feud ending with a last man standing match at Over The Limit or the PPV after.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:12 PM

warchildrex is looking to come up from OCW...

i think the interesting part will be what role john laurinaitis plays. his first night of being gm of both shows, he handicapped both the us title and wwe title bouts. how much is his bias going to come into play when the theme of the night is extreme rules? it wouldn't surprise me to see a submission match between punk and jericho where the anaconda vice is banned, or a fatal 4-way for the us title, where santino finds himself in the ring with three heels.

i'm rather interested to see what matches johnny makes.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:29 PM

The Extract is looking to come up from OCW...The Extract is looking to come up from OCW...

I believe that at this PPV Laurinaitis will get MAJORLY involved in the matches.
*USC: Santino v. Ziggler, Swagger, Otunga - gauntlet match with santino barely making it through the first 2 and losing at the 3rd.
*WWEC: I-Quit match, Punk v. Jericho- Punk wins(Henry Interferes if not in the TT match)
*WHC: Triple Threat, Sheamus v. Del Rio v. Bryan- either Bryan or Sheamus wins.
*TT: Texas tornado match, Epico/Primo v. Usos OR Mark Henry/Abraham Washington
i think they are saving brock v. cena for an I-Quit or last man standing match at OTL

Last edited by The Extract : 04-05-2012 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Forgot Something about the punk-y2j match
sendpm.gif