WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-24-2012, 04:49 AM
WCW Television Champion

GutCheck21 is looking to come up from OCW...

Wreatlemaina X8 Rock vs. Hollywood Hulk Hogan should be #2 and Taker vs.HBK 8th. Whatching that crowd give Hogan that kind of reaction throught the whole match was amazing. Everyone who grew up on Hogan had chills running down your arm when they cut his entrance music and the respect a crowd gave him. Ill give credit when its due because The Rock put one hell of a performance, I mean he sold that leg drop and surprised everyone in the arena and watching at home. That march shows why Rock and Hogan are elite wrestlers.

#1Wrestlemania 3 Ricky Steamboat vs. "Matcho Man" Randy Savage. I can't agree more, I mean what can I say. Best WM match of all-time andthey match that sold the show.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-24-2012, 05:36 AM

localcompetitor is looking to come up from OCW...

A couple that nobody has mentioned yet:

Dream Team Vs The British Bulldogs (WM2) Though the emphasis was on Roddy Piper's boxing match against Mr. T, the NFL Battle Royal and Hogan's cage match against Bundy I felt that it was Brutus Beefcake, Greg Valentine and The British Bulldogs that had the match of the night in one of the best Wrestlemania tag matches of all time.

Mr Perfect Vs The Blue Blazer (WM5) While it didn't have the drama that the Savage/Hogan main event did this definitely was a fine wrestling match between the great Curt Henning and the man that would later go on to be knwon as Owen Hart.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-24-2012, 07:41 AM
World Beer Pong Champion

jopoll is looking to come up from OCW...

Edge vs. Foley WM 22!!! That match got me back into wrestling as I was a WCW guy and stopped watching when they folded.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-24-2012, 01:46 PM

The12thMan is looking to come up from OCW...

Most of the newer fans to wrestling within the last ten years or so are going to say HBK vs Taker or Hogan vs Rock....i'm not one of those newer fans.

Best match to steal the show at mania, and best match in the history of professional wrestling....savage vs steamboat wm 3 in 1987...no argument
sendpm.gif
Old 03-24-2012, 09:09 PM
Forward Thinking Nostalgist
ROH Pure Champion

The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...

I think it's a pretty good list, sure you can argue order but the 10 are all deserving I'd say. The #1 is probably right as well because it has stood the test of time, 25 years on and young wrestlers still talk about that match as a benchmark they are aiming for.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-25-2012, 03:54 AM
WCW Television Champion

GutCheck21 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The12thMan View Post
Most of the newer fans to wrestling within the last ten years or so are going to say HBK vs Taker or Hogan vs Rock....i'm not one of those newer fans.

Best match to steal the show at mania, and best match in the history of professional wrestling....savage vs steamboat wm 3 in 1987...no argument
Ummm been watching wrestling for 25yrs and Hogan vs. Rock at WM was a match for ages and older and newer wrestling fans no it.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-25-2012, 03:17 PM

HitmanFan4ever is looking to come up from OCW...

skinner vs owen hart wm 8 lol. seriously tho i would have to say my favorite show stealing match would be the first tlc match. gives me goose bumps every damn time
sendpm.gif
Old 03-25-2012, 03:54 PM

V Dogg is looking to come up from OCW...

I think HBK vs. Taker at WM25 was the greatest WWE match, not just at Wrestlemania, but overall.
sendpm.gif