WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-20-2012, 11:20 AM

degenxr1 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default LIE--NOT Happening just spoke to 2 champs by text

They said someone put it out. I asked why, they said no idea--and it wasn't from WWE or Brighthouse.

Totally false!
sendpm.gif
Old 03-20-2012, 12:00 PM

Tripleb2k1 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre Ibushimix View Post
Also, Keirn trained DDP and Goldust, while the only PWA graduate I've know of is Jason Steele and he's a threetime developmental reject (as in, WWE said no at three tryouts) who has neer wrestled a match outside of Africa. I can see why WWE went with Doink not the five time WCW champ on this one.
1st, DDP was trained by Buddy Lee Parker, Jody Hamilton, Dusty Rhodes & Jake The Snake Roberts

2nd, Dustin "Goldust" Rhodes was trained by Skandor Akbar & Dusty Rhodes

For the record, as far as the whole development change, they do have a training facility in Conneticut called WWE Traxx...was used in some of the old Tough Enoughs with Al Snow. The move was a wise one as the territory can be monitored better instead of sending various evaluators (JR, Waltman, Brisco, Arn, etc...) down to FCW once or twice a month.

As far as the rumored possible 2nd territory, here's hoping it goes to Lance Storm's Storm Wrestling Academy in Calgary Alberta Canada as he's had quite a few graduates be signed to WWE Developmental contracts
sendpm.gif
Old 03-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Future Endeavored

The Talon is looking to come up from OCW...The Talon is looking to come up from OCW...The Talon is looking to come up from OCW...The Talon is looking to come up from OCW...

Main site is saying that WWE hasn't shut down FCW, it just won't be coming on Brighthous Sports Network anymore. I hope this means I can be able to see it on like Time Warner Cable or something.

WWE has now posted an article about the rumors, which Triple H refutes:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/fcw-future-triple-h
Old 03-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

scomvp316 is looking to come up from OCW...scomvp316 is looking to come up from OCW...

What a shock that VKM theses days shows no patience to a concept other than his and Stephanie's. WWE has been going through this trickle down affect of losing money in key areas. If you take a look at their bottom line numbers not counting sponsor money this company is in finaancial woe. Whats keeping this company afloat is the millions of dollars they get from select sponsors. Going PG was smart form a bottom line sense for a few years but for longevity this company has no identity or direction. The more Santion's they create the more fans by the thousands they will lose per quarter. Not saying go back to TV-14 cause WWE was over the top compared to WCW. SD and RAW must have better matches and stop with the quick segments and not giving certain talent to show their skills. Clearly this VKM is no where close to what he use to be because of the corporate leaches. A small percentage is this company believe they will be more succesful with entertainment than with wrestling. Attitude era was about wrestling and the way WWE is now is no better than when they were in the New Generation phase. FCW should of been a national show to replace NXT and have two airing a week. The first before Raw and the second after SD. The key to WWE turning it around is HHH. If he continues to just say yes to everything this company with sponsor money within a few years will barely make $400 mill!
sendpm.gif
Old 03-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Knockout Champion

JJ15776 is looking to come up from OCW...JJ15776 is looking to come up from OCW...JJ15776 is looking to come up from OCW...JJ15776 is looking to come up from OCW...JJ15776 is looking to come up from OCW...JJ15776 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumz9814 View Post
I live in Connecticut, and as awesome as it would be to have a wwe developmental territory finally come to the company's home state, it just wouldnt make sense to me. Despite Connecticut being the home of wwe's headquarters, there really isnt a ton of interest in wrestling in this state. I've been to dozens of shows in Hartford, Bridgeport, and at Mohegan Sun, and there is rarely a sell out. few outlets carry wwe merchandise, and those that do, dont have much. wwe is hardly ever advertised on local tv or radio stations here, and much of the time when wrestlers do signings in my state, the crowd that typically shows up is pitiful at best compared to the numbers found across the country.

In short, while it seems at a glance that wwe having their minor leagues in their home state would make sense, money-wise it just doesnt seem like an intelligent move. I say this with a heavy heart because, again, nobody would be as happy as me to have a DT here in Connecticut, but....thats just it, NOBODY would be as happy as me.
But the thing here is that they couldn't care less about attendance. Not many people show up to these events no matter where they're held. The point is putting the workers in front of a crowd and the cameras, not getting a big crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kor420 View Post
Vince the billionaire is now a millionaire wwe is in trouble and is the "sinking titanic" but for some reason, people think WWE is this undestrutable force that could never go bankrupt.
That "some reason" is the little fact that it's true. WWE is making money hand over fist and they're not even close to breaking even, let alone losing money. Business would have to keep going in its current downward trend for at least a decade before they'd start sinking, and that's highly unlikely. Possible, but not very likely.

Anyway, on the topic of FCW, it seems pretty well confirmed now that FCW is NOT shutting down and they are simply leaving Brighthouse Network.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-21-2012, 01:15 AM

lazeric is looking to come up from OCW...

IMO if a new territory is to be run by Booker or Storm that would be great for the current crop of FCW guys. Lance is a great wrestler and Booker is great with a Mic so either choice would be awesome. I honestly could see WWE making this their version of UFC's Ultimate Fighter and doing something where both territories try to produce the next big thing in WWE.

One place I know that has to be in love with this move is the talent scouts over at TNA, those guys gotta be happy to not have to contend with the big boys over at WWE. This also gives TNA chance to keep their own guys and recruit new wrestlers with the alure of Florida life.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Believes in The Shield!
ROH Pure Champion

The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Send a message via MSN to The S#cial Sector Send a message via Skype™ to The S#cial Sector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazeric View Post
One place I know that has to be in love with this move is the talent scouts over at TNA, those guys gotta be happy to not have to contend with the big boys over at WWE. This also gives TNA chance to keep their own guys and recruit new wrestlers with the alure of Florida life.
Actually, TNA does most of their recruiting from NWA Anarchy or some Carolina promotions. Either that, or AJ and them will call up some old ROH buddies and get them in the door. Either way, TNA's not in danger of finding new talents. But that's another topic for another day.

Quote:
There are plans in the works, but nothing definitive I can discuss right now. Shortly after WrestleMania, there will be a major announcement about our developmental system.
The "COO" of WWE made the aforementioned statement on WWE.com along with the "FCW not closing" statement. What do you think the new announcement might be concerning?

Could WWE be considering opening up an extra developmental company or two? Could they be getting FCW ready for WWE Network? Could Andy Levine finally get his TV debut?

I personally don't think it's anything about expanding the development status beyond FCW, but if it is, I think it would be nice for WWE to start up a territorial like system of development companies. This way, the new guys can get used to traveling and can be brought up the right way. It also helps them get over better on TV after they've gotten past the gitters.
Vote Jerry "The King" Lawler for WZ 2014 Tournament
sendpm.gif