WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-19-2012, 07:44 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Yesiamaduck is looking to come up from OCW...
Default So I Just Saw Tyson Kidd/Mike McGillicutty Cut A Promo...

And it was actually very good

I mean I know not to count anyone out, but on NXT he's currently feuding with McGuilliguty (spelling), I have no real idea why this is the first time I've had this show on for almost a year.... but I have it on in the background but had my attention grabbed when a) Michael showed some personality and intensity on the mic but mostly that B) Tyson has a better look, appears to be a face and cut a heart felt, emotive and charismatic promo.

I just thought I'd ask on other peoples opinions if anyone else has seen this, I'm actually looking to follow this feud, that's how much I enjoyed this segment! Don't get me wrong it isn't anything REMARKABLE but it's sure as hell the only feud outside the main event players in the WWE I care about at the moment.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-20-2012, 12:20 AM
WOOOAHHH-OH!

Machianzo is looking to come up from OCW...

I'll gladly jump on this bandwagon myself. They had an excellent match on NXT a few weeks back, and have followed it by some shockingly decent promos. McGuillcutty certainly has come a long way since....this'll be the moment....any moment now.... McGuillcutty we knew on season two of NXT.

Kidd seems to be fitting right in as a face, and while he isnt too strong on the mic himself, he's done a great job letting his actions do the speaking for him, both in the ring and during promos. His facial expressions and body language were superb.

These two I think could really make something of this post mania. Both of them can work the ring like nobodies business, and if they continue to polish their promo skills and general psychology, as they obviously already had, I see a bright future for the pair of them. Thank you for pleasantly surprising me NXT, when I had almost given up hope!
sendpm.gif
Old 03-20-2012, 12:42 AM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
Million Dollar Champion

Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...Rainbow Yaz is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

Both guys have good physical skills. If their psychology and mic work can come around I would be in favor of them teaming full time. Kidd had a decent series of matches with Yoshi last year. They both have some mainstream exposure as former tag champions as well. I wish that they would let McGuillcutty use his real name though.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:55 AM
WZCW's Brent Blaze
Knockout Champion

IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...

A lot of NXT talk going around. I am going to have to watch it sometimes today.

If this promo was good, i want to see it. I enjoy Kidd's work. And Henning is gaining quick skills.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-20-2012, 11:08 AM

nahbrah is looking to come up from OCW...

Tyson Kidd is one of my favorites in the WWE, the dude is just a work horse and can keep up with anyone in the ring. That's what is different with me, I don't care if somebodies promos are only so-so if they can put on awesome matches, that make me think holy sh!t!

And as far as McGillicuty.... Does anyone think that Randy Orton would be where he is if they stuck him with the name Randy McGillicutty? It's like they stacked the odds against him before he even debuted.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:23 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to midgensa

I think that Tyson Kidd is destined to be a star.

He obviously had a lot of rust (in particular on the mic) to work on and the WWE has more or less used him correctly. Kidd is a solid in-ring worker with tremendous upside and has the look that WWE seems to like. His charisma has lacked at times, but the work he has put in has paid off and I don't think I would be surprised to see him climbing the card in the next year or two.

McGillicutty (as someone else pointed out) is screwed by his name. I really think it distracts from him because nobody knows how to spell it or say it. He definitely has the look, but he is also lacking quite a bit in the charisma department. I think he probably will need a repackaging at some point.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-20-2012, 07:47 PM
It's clobberin' time!!!
WWE Diva's Champion

Bad News BK worked a dark match on ECW recently...Bad News BK worked a dark match on ECW recently...Bad News BK worked a dark match on ECW recently...Bad News BK worked a dark match on ECW recently...Bad News BK worked a dark match on ECW recently...Bad News BK worked a dark match on ECW recently...Bad News BK worked a dark match on ECW recently...Bad News BK worked a dark match on ECW recently...Bad News BK worked a dark match on ECW recently...Bad News BK worked a dark match on ECW recently...Bad News BK worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Someone made a thread ages ago about who they thought was the 'Next Benoit' in terms of their style, ability and in terms of promos (Benoit was comeptent, but never fabled for his promo work). Someone suggested Kidd and I shot them down, primarily because I don't believe there'll be another Benoit, but mainly because I thought Kidd wouldn't amount to anything.

Whilst I won't hold my breath, Kid is definitely making me into a fan. his work on NXT has, to be perfectly honest, been the only reason to watch it if you ask me. His ability has never been in question, but it's good to finally see him get to showcase himself a bit more. he looks good locking the sharpshooter on, and has a vast array of moves that look both effective and painful. His stick work isn't brilliant, but it's certainly underrated, and will only get better if he's given time to build on it. Whether it actually leads somewhere or not is another matter, but for now, Kidd is doing a good job with what he is being given.

McGuilicutty I just can't buy. I like him, because every time I see him he reminds me of Jayne from Firefly/Serenity, but I just don't enjoy him on the mic or in the ring. Again, he suffers from not being given the adequate amount of time to build on what he has, but even when he has been given it, not much has happened. But there is something about him I like. I dunno if it's his look or whatnot, but something makes me want to see more of him.

Two future stars? Not so sure about that. But they do have the potential, that's for sure.

Hey, I'm just sayin'.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-20-2012, 10:25 PM
Bra & Panties match winner & NEW...
WWE Diva's Champion

Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...Peoples_Champ is looking to come up from OCW...

I saw the whole edition of NXT to see what the hype was all about and they did have a decent promo. It's just not as good as everyone said it was. McGilicutty has a long way to go before he's cutting decent enough promos. He has improved, but I'm disappointed that he hasn't progressed even further.

As far as Tyson Kidd is concerned, his promo was alright but it wasn't spectacular. I really do think he deserves a midcard role on Smackdown at the very least right now. He's improved his look and he's likeable as a face. Still, there's room for improvement there as well.

Therein lies the problem with these two. Joe Hennig and Tyson Kidd are both in their early-30s. There's not much time left with these two. If they're not able to cut and effective promo or catch heat at this stage of their careers, why does the WWE have them around?

You Can't See Me
sendpm.gif
Old 03-21-2012, 12:52 AM
WWE Women's Champion

XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...

I've been watching NXT lately. I thought it would be horrible but it wasnt. It was a solid promo, maybe because I had low expectations. Neither guy has much charisma and mic skills.

McGillicutty needs to be repackaged. I dont think either guy will amount to much as singles wrestlers. Tyson might turn into another Evan Bourne type... if the WWE ever gets serious about rebuilding its tag team division.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-24-2012, 03:23 PM

JM Punk is looking to come up from OCW...

Part of the problem is that McGillicutty may be Mr. Perfect's son, but if I made a random person who didn't know watch RAW and ask them to point out Mr. Perfect's son, they would pick Dolph Ziggler. By comparison, McGillicutty has done nothing in the 2 years or so he has been on the active roster to suggest that he has any charisma. That is a problem.

I'm not saying that McGillicutty should start acting more like his father, but like somebody else said, the deck was stacked against him before he was ever on NXT.

Yes, its nice that NXT actually has some feuds and wrestling on it now as opposed to when they ran the obstacle course and were selling programs, but WWE has to give the fans a reason to watch it. They turned too many people off to that show when it was on TV, so why should I go out of my way to watch it on the computer?
sendpm.gif