WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-19-2012, 07:27 PM
The lord of darkness
Knockout Champion

VinnieSunshine is looking to come up from OCW...VinnieSunshine is looking to come up from OCW...VinnieSunshine is looking to come up from OCW...VinnieSunshine is looking to come up from OCW...VinnieSunshine is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ1432 View Post
I understand a bit where you're coming from, but I don't think TNA meant it to deride Detroit in any way. They're just trying to make the return if the Guns seem like a big deal. It only makes sense to use Detroit in their promo videos since it's in their very team name.

I have no doubt what you say about their recognition factor is true, but I think the same would be true if they were in WWE. I think the same is pretty much true for any wrestler vs. a sports star from a given city. I'm sure many more people from Chicago know Brian Urlacher than CM Punk. I say that having never been near Chicago, but I can't imagine it's not the case.

I'm sure if the area I lived in became a focus like Detroit has recently, and people tended to focus on the negative aspects of the area (even though any area has negative aspects), I would get tired of it as well.

But again, I don't think it's done maliciously. Of course TNA is going to act like the Guns are a big deal, it would be counter-productive to do otherwise. And having a wrestler or a group of wrestlers say they are a "savior" is nothing new, in this case it's just a little more focused.

Either way, I doubt these videos will be going for long before the Guns actually make their return.
Of course even if they were in WWE they wouldn't be as known compared to sports stars, so why try to make it like they are?

They could've easily used a better promo to push them. Use some old footage...show them beaten and broken before they went away. Do the same basic return promo. Detroit didn't need to be shown nor referenced/used in the promo. Nash, Rhino, and Steiner were from Detroit but never used it in promos.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-19-2012, 07:51 PM
Supermarket Champion- Face for life

Champ1432 is looking to come up from OCW...Champ1432 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieSunshine View Post
Of course even if they were in WWE they wouldn't be as known compared to sports stars, so why try to make it like they are?

They could've easily used a better promo to push them. Use some old footage...show them beaten and broken before they went away. Do the same basic return promo. Detroit didn't need to be shown nor referenced/used in the promo. Nash, Rhino, and Steiner were from Detroit but never used it in promos.
All I can say is, I guess they wanted to do something other than the usual return promo. I'm sure a lot of people would have called that boring and wished they would have made their return a bigger deal.

I give them credit for trying something a little different, at least.

And why would you not want to make your talent seem like a big deal? I think that's pretty basic strategy in wrestling.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Da bos o da bosless
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

TM Punk is looking to come up from OCW...TM Punk is looking to come up from OCW...TM Punk is looking to come up from OCW...TM Punk is looking to come up from OCW...TM Punk is looking to come up from OCW...TM Punk is looking to come up from OCW...TM Punk is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to TM Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieSunshine View Post
I have to say...Im from the Detroit area and Im appalled. Don't use our city like this. MCMG are NOT that famous nor are they as big as TNA makes them to be.

They are not stars here in Detroit like the sports players are. Ask anyone on the streets of Detroit who these guys are and I bet very few people will know. Ask someone who Prince Fielder is or who Titus Young is and I bet 90% of the people would get the answer right.

TNA is not as big as WWE to pull this off. Plus I doubt that WWE would pull this type of move. We had our Chrysler commericial with Eminem last year...we had the Clint Eastwood commercial this year.

Im tired of everyone viewing Detroit like we are a city in need of some "hero". Just cause these guys are from here doesn't mean the represent us.

Please TNA...take this down.
I'm from the detroit area as well, and I must say that while I agree with you about the statement made i n the video, I feel like the imagery was a lot better and more posative than a lot of videos I've seen. Even the detroit pistons video they played at the home opener this year showed decayed burnt down buildings, and it looked just as depressing as the team does when they're on the court (ba zing).

Imagery wise, I feel like the video got it right, but no... they are no ones heroes here. Ill take steve yzerman any day of the week.

-Chris Jericho
sendpm.gif
Old 03-21-2012, 10:39 AM
WZCW World Heavyweight Champion!
King of the Ring

Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...

Hell yeah. I think the time for TNA to put OVW to good use is here. With The Guns back, plucking young guys to for teams in TNA will give the tag team at least a bit more flex. The Guns are a major attraction in TNA as a unit and after over a year of them on the shelf, they should do whatever they can to milk their return of all it's worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
And for the record, my wife has a build resembling that of a blonde counterpart of Final Fantasy 7's Tifa.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-24-2012, 12:38 AM

snitskystilllovesfeet is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Killjoy View Post
Hell yeah. I think the time for TNA to put OVW to good use is here. With The Guns back, plucking young guys to for teams in TNA will give the tag team at least a bit more flex. The Guns are a major attraction in TNA as a unit and after over a year of them on the shelf, they should do whatever they can to milk their return of all it's worth.
Agreed. I just hate Beer Money is no more. Those were probably the best tag team matches I have seen in the last ten years. Brought back Midnight Express vs. Rock n Roll Express when they had their best of five series. I hope this motivates TNA to load up more tag teams.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-24-2012, 02:44 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

New Hot Fed is looking to come up from OCW...New Hot Fed is looking to come up from OCW...

Wrong. When Detroit needed heroes they called in Big Sexy, baby!

Seriously the MCMG are needed in TNA now. Hopefully they come back for Lockdown. I just don't want to see Mexican America fighting for the Tag belts.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-28-2012, 11:09 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

dwith is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Chris Sabin Finally Cleared to Wrestle

Dixie Carter has tweeted the following about Chris Sabinís return:

334 days later, I just received Chris Sabinís medical clearance to return to the ring. Very excited. MMG fans stay tuned!

This is great news for the slumped tag division in TNA. MCMG are a great tag team that are fast paced and do some awesome moves as a team. I hope now that they are returning they beef up the tag division again, and run it full blower. Tag teaming works well because you can get more stars on a 2 hour show in tag matches than singles, and TNA does know how to do tag team wrestling.

So what are your thought's on SABIN already being cleared to return?
sendpm.gif
Old 03-28-2012, 12:36 PM
The Samoan Enforcing Machine
Knockout Champion

Joe's Gonna Kill You scored a win over Santino Marella...Joe's Gonna Kill You scored a win over Santino Marella...Joe's Gonna Kill You scored a win over Santino Marella...Joe's Gonna Kill You scored a win over Santino Marella...Joe's Gonna Kill You scored a win over Santino Marella...Joe's Gonna Kill You scored a win over Santino Marella...Joe's Gonna Kill You scored a win over Santino Marella...Joe's Gonna Kill You scored a win over Santino Marella...Joe's Gonna Kill You scored a win over Santino Marella...Joe's Gonna Kill You scored a win over Santino Marella...Joe's Gonna Kill You scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to Joe's Gonna Kill You

This is Great news, I thought and hoped that Sabin would be back for Lockdown and that The Guns would start a feud with Joe and Magnus and now that he is medically cleared to return I think that is what will happen. I could see them returning on next weeks and if they do I will be extremely happy to Sabin back and the MCMG reformed. To me they are the best tag team in the world and they instantly make TNA's tag division better. As I said in the other thread on their return a MCMG Joe/Magnus really excites me and I think they could have a very good matches and a very good feud, I would like them to have a 3 month feud starting with a match at Lockdown and ending with The Guns winning the titles at Slammiversary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Steele's Barber View Post
Help us JGKY, you're our only hope.

Last edited by Joe's Gonna Kill You : 03-28-2012 at 12:39 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-28-2012, 12:57 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to midgensa

This is great news. The Motor City Machine Guns are the best tag team in the world.

They have a chemistry like few and their charisma and ring work is TOP notch. Can't wait to see them back in the ring together.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-28-2012, 01:04 PM
WZPC Grand Slam Champion
WWF Hardcore Champion

Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...Rated R Enigma worked a dark match on ECW recently...

thats great news! always been a huge fan of the Motor City Machine Guns there an amazing tag team and now it looks like the hope of having the guns start a fued with joe and magnus at lockdown i just hope joe and magnus dont drop the belts at lockdown id let the fued keep going for awhile before giving the guns the belts....also FOR THE LOVE OF GOD KEEP THE GUNS AWAY FROM MEXICAN AMERICA!

Credit to Red Skull for the BLISSful sig.
sendpm.gif