WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-16-2012, 03:40 AM
The Abdi

cmedge is looking to come up from OCW...

How can people go out on a limb to predict where Seth Rollins career will be? Did any of us know when Mark Henry was impregnating Mae Young that a decade and a half later he will be on top of the world as a credible World Champion? I personally have never watched ROH a day in my life until this Monday (Found a channel that it was on). But I'm expecting to be impressed with Seth Rollins from what I hear about him. I've learned that ROH guys are really good for example CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Desmond Wolfe and Austin Aries. So I'm expecting to be impressed but who knows? He might be a jobber or he might be the very best. We just have to wait and see.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:42 AM
Sausage Farmers

Its_A_Snake! is a member of the JOB SQUAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmedge View Post
How can people go out on a limb to predict where Seth Rollins career will be? Did any of us know when Mark Henry was impregnating Mae Young that a decade and a half later he will be on top of the world as a credible World Champion? I personally have never watched ROH a day in my life until this Monday (Found a channel that it was on). But I'm expecting to be impressed with Seth Rollins from what I hear about him. I've learned that ROH guys are really good for example CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Desmond Wolfe and Austin Aries. So I'm expecting to be impressed but who knows? He might be a jobber or he might be the very best. We just have to wait and see.
Personally, I think Rollins is overrated and that most people in the IWC ride his cock and put this guy on a pedestal. I agree with everything you said. He may be turned into the next Brooklyn Brawler or Barry Horowitz for god sake. Or they may even jabronifi him, stick him a plain leotard and stick him on NXT for a month, job him out then fire him. Braden Walker anyone? he hasnt even made his debut yet. I maybe wrong and he maybe then next Shawn Michaels or whatever. But until then, just sit back and see what happens.

And to compare him at this stage of his career against Orton in 2003 is RIDICULOUS
Old 03-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Is a thin rope
WWF Hardcore Champion

Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWJC: The Beginning View Post
He's basically Justin Gabriel with more intensity and a better look.
I agree with pretty much everything you've said in this thread apart from this, which is entirely wrong. Gabriel has a better look in my opinion, especially considering the fact that he's rediculously good looking was the basis of his gimmick for years. But that sort of thing is subjective.

However, in the ring, Gabriel isn't that much like Seth Rollins at all beyond the fact that they both do high flying moves. For instance, Justin Gabriel actually sells longterm and changes up his offence as it suits the match and his current character. However as of right now he's using high flying as a crutch which pisses me off, frankly because he's better than that.

And onto Seth Rollins. I think he's honest to god terrible. On offence he has a tendancy to do utterly stupid moves for little to no reason, has focused on a body part of his opponent's a grand total of once (and even that was at a recent taping), sells for about as long as it takes him to get back on offence (at which point he'll forget about it) and has to be led by the nose to have a good match. His weaknesses in the ring have been well hidden in FCW because he's been working with guys like Richie Steamboat and Rick Victor (both capable in ring guys) in long matches since he got there. the second he got in the ring with someone who wasn't capable of doing that (Dean Ambrose) he exposed himself as the hack that he truely is.

EDIT: So no, he's not better than Randy Orton, circa 2003.

Last edited by Nu Sexier Noun : 03-16-2012 at 02:34 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-16-2012, 03:33 PM
King of the Ring

TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre Ibushimix

I agree with pretty much everything you've said in this thread apart from this, which is entirely wrong. Gabriel has a better look in my opinion, especially considering the fact that he's rediculously good looking was the basis of his gimmick for years. But that sort of thing is subjective.

However, in the ring, Gabriel isn't that much like Seth Rollins at all beyond the fact that they both do high flying moves. For instance, Justin Gabriel actually sells longterm and changes up his offence as it suits the match and his current character. However as of right now he's using high flying as a crutch which pisses me off, frankly because he's better than that.

And onto Seth Rollins. I think he's honest to god terrible. On offence he has a tendancy to do utterly stupid moves for little to no reason, has focused on a body part of his opponent's a grand total of once (and even that was at a recent taping), sells for about as long as it takes him to get back on offence (at which point he'll forget about it) and has to be led by the nose to have a good match. His weaknesses in the ring have been well hidden in FCW because he's been working with guys like Richie Steamboat and Rick Victor (both capable in ring guys) in long matches since he got there. the second he got in the ring with someone who wasn't capable of doing that (Dean Ambrose) he exposed himself as the hack that he truely is.

EDIT: So no, he's not better than Randy Orton, circa 2003.
Gabriel looks like a young, slender homosexual with a clean shaven body. Pro wrestling fans don't like that. He's not sexy, maybe if you're Japanese, but the american, especially the blue collar american view of sexuality is definately NOT Justin Gabriel. Gabriel COULD have a better look, but his low cut, feminin trunks and doofy haircut pretty much kill it. If he were a heel, it'd work.

If he can sell a bodypart long term, he's definately better than Rollins (as I'd last seen him). Which is probably why Gabriel is on TV and Rollins isn't.

I agree with most of what you said in the second to last paragraph. Rollins is basically like a toolbox. By itself, pretty useless. In the hands of someone not an expert, pretty uselss. However, in the hands of a master craftsman, pretty awesome things can be made. Rollins is a pretty good athlete with a pretty good look. He'll need to be carried on the mic and in the ring though.

shelton benjamin is another guy that he reminds me of really.

I think this thread has turned into a "how good is Seth Rollins" thread, which is probably better than "is he better than Orton?"

BTW, I'm not homophobic, I hate Rick santorum. I'm just saying that Gabriel probably is attractive mostly to peope/cultures who are more okay with femininity in their men. Blue collar americans aren't really like that, they like their men to look like randy orton or tom sellick. In fact, I google search "Justin Gabriel is..." and the first one is "gay". Your search reflects people in your area of the country. So in middle america (bread and butter for blue collar america) they think he's gay.

delete my last post, it's not letting me edit it.

*Guy no one predicted to win, wins*
-IWC fans "OMG THIS IS SO STUPID, WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS?"
sendpm.gif
Old 03-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Is a thin rope
WWF Hardcore Champion

Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...Nu Sexier Noun is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWJC: The Beginning View Post
Gabriel looks like a twink. Pro wrestling fans don't like that. He's not sexy, maybe if you're Japanese, but the american, especially the blue collar american view of sexuality is definately NOT Justin Gabriel. Gabriel COULD have a better look, but his fruity trunks and doofy haircut pretty much kill it. If he were a heel, it'd work.
Granted he's not what wrestling's core audience would consider attractive, but considering that this guy:

Has been voted the sexiest man alive, he kind of does have a good look. But then this is the difference between these guys having a good look:

and these guys:

Different things appeal to different audiences. Just because Gabriel's look doesn't appeal to the core fanbase, it does appeal to others (such as the teenage daughters/sisters of wrestling fans). He might never have the mainstream marketability of John Cena or Randy Orton, but then Gabriel's not ever going to be in a position for that to matter. He's simply not a main event level performer. He might be put in a few main events here and there to make sure that a mediocre performer doesn't stink up the joint if he sticks around, maybe even get a transitional world title reign (though that is unlikely) but he lacks the charisma to ever be "the guy".

He could also work as a heel. As he showed in Nexus and the Corre, he can wrestle like a heel and his South African persona pretty much was a heel gimmick (even though he'd get cheered for bragging about how he's got "the style, the smile, a supermodel girlfriend, a fancy sports car and a house on the golfcourse"). But that's a discussion for a different time. As for the gay thing, yeah he's not. The guy's fucked Kelly Kelly and said his favorite food is "Brunettes".

Quote:
If he can sell a bodypart long term, he's definately better than Rollins (as I'd last seen him). Which is probably why Gabriel is on TV and Rollins isn't.
You haven't missed much development out of Rollins. He hasn't changed. At all. He'll sell when he's getting a bodypart worked over, but as soon as he's on offence he stops. OTOH Gabriel will sell a limb while on offense.

Technically, Rollins is on TV too. It's just that channel is only available to those with Brighthouse cable. I'd recommend you to start watching FCW btw. The roster's pretty fucking stacked at the moment.

Quote:
I agree with most of what you said in the second to last paragraph. Rollins is basically like a toolbox. By itself, pretty useless. In the hands of someone not an expert, pretty useless. However, in the hands of a master craftsman, pretty awesome things can be made. Rollins is a pretty good athlete with a pretty good look. He'll need to be carried on the mic and in the ring though.
I'd say he's more like a chainsaw. By itself, useless and a bit dangerous. In the hands of a most people, it can do the job with a few difficulties or just down right stupid. In the hands of an expert it can make some pretty awesome things.

Quote:
shelton benjamin is another guy that he reminds me of really.
That's way more damning than anything else I could have said about him. I do find it funny that there are divas in FCW that have shown more personality and growth than Seth Rollins though.

Quote:
I think this thread has turned into a "how good is Seth Rollins" thread, which is probably better than "is he better than Orton?"
Well at least the latter can actually generate something resembling discussion, since different people like different things. The answer to the latter question is "No. Stop being so stupid." That's not something that can be argued. That's just the truth.

Last edited by Nu Sexier Noun : 03-16-2012 at 03:52 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-17-2012, 04:39 AM
King of the Ring

TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre Ibushimix View Post
Granted he's not what wrestling's core audience would consider attractive, but considering that this guy:

Has been voted the sexiest man alive, he kind of does have a good look. But then this is the difference between these guys having a good look:

and these guys:

Different things appeal to different audiences. Just because Gabriel's look doesn't appeal to the core fanbase, it does appeal to others (such as the teenage daughters/sisters of wrestling fans). He might never have the mainstream marketability of John Cena or Randy Orton, but then Gabriel's not ever going to be in a position for that to matter. He's simply not a main event level performer. He might be put in a few main events here and there to make sure that a mediocre performer doesn't stink up the joint if he sticks around, maybe even get a transitional world title reign (though that is unlikely) but he lacks the charisma to ever be "the guy".

He could also work as a heel. As he showed in Nexus and the Corre, he can wrestle like a heel and his South African persona pretty much was a heel gimmick (even though he'd get cheered for bragging about how he's got "the style, the smile, a supermodel girlfriend, a fancy sports car and a house on the golfcourse"). But that's a discussion for a different time. As for the gay thing, yeah he's not. The guy's fucked Kelly Kelly and said his favorite food is "Brunettes".

You haven't missed much development out of Rollins. He hasn't changed. At all. He'll sell when he's getting a bodypart worked over, but as soon as he's on offence he stops. OTOH Gabriel will sell a limb while on offense.

Technically, Rollins is on TV too. It's just that channel is only available to those with Brighthouse cable. I'd recommend you to start watching FCW btw. The roster's pretty fucking stacked at the moment.

I'd say he's more like a chainsaw. By itself, useless and a bit dangerous. In the hands of a most people, it can do the job with a few difficulties or just down right stupid. In the hands of an expert it can make some pretty awesome things.

That's way more damning than anything else I could have said about him. I do find it funny that there are divas in FCW that have shown more personality and growth than Seth Rollins though.

Well at least the latter can actually generate something resembling discussion, since different people like different things. The answer to the latter question is "No. Stop being so stupid." That's not something that can be argued. That's just the truth.
I don't think he's gay, I just know that the typical rasslin fan probably thinks he is. He should run with it. Wrestling fans are closer to NASCAR fans, Jeff Gordon had a supermodel wife, they STILL had a "Jeff Gordon's gay" song. Seriously.

You're right though, little teenage girls probably think he's attractive. It's interesting to see the generational/cultural differences in what's seen as sexy. Wanna see something that'll blow your mind, google "Yu Darvish underwear ad". In japan, that's considered sexy, in the US, that's considered stupid. Then again, more and more a feminin guy is seen as attractive.

I don't think Kelly kelly is attractive. She's all smoke and mirrors. No ass, no tits, hair extensions, a push up bra, too much makeup, and scrawny shapeless legs. That said, the whole "skinny clean" look isn't me. Guys with that look go for girls like KK.

I watch FCW every once in a while. I just don't have much time with school and work right now. My problem with Rollins is my problem with Aries, Shelley, and the much MUCH more flawed Dragon Gate guys and stupid fuckin Teddy Hart (who doesn't go for a pin after a Canadian Destroyer and instead picks the guy up for a powerbomb lungblower and STILL doesn't go for a pin). It's that yea, awesome athlete, cool moves, but that's it. Literally nothing else going on. At least Aries and Shelley can cut promos and Hart can do something so monumentally stupid that you just can't stop watching.

Continuing your last point, is there anyway this can be moved to a "Seth Rollins future" or something thread? I feel like this will be a running thing since he should be one of the post-Mania call ups.

*Guy no one predicted to win, wins*
-IWC fans "OMG THIS IS SO STUPID, WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS?"
sendpm.gif