WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-16-2012, 04:54 AM
King of the Ring

TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...

James has a chance to be a huge american star. They need to work the south like crazy. the WWE still doesn't seem to be well recieved in the old "rasslin" territories. If I'm TNA, I'm working the Carolinas, Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, etc. that's where TNA will thrive. Bunch of drunk ass rednecks? Perfect.

I donno about global star, he doesn't have a universal appeal. He definately appeals to people who listen to country music though. Shit, you could write a country music song about his character.

*Guy no one predicted to win, wins*
-IWC fans "OMG THIS IS SO STUPID, WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS?"
sendpm.gif
Old 03-16-2012, 09:04 AM
IT happens!
WWE Women's Champion

IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...

For all those who say Storm is "too Southern" to be a 'global star', remember a guy named Stone Cold Steve Austin? He was pretty southern as well and he reached global status. It's not about any of that. It's about connecting with the audience. Storm is great at it. Besides, the moment you start trying to change is the moment you loose that connection to the audience. Storm is who he is and that'll win people over who are watching for talent and not stereotypes.

Thanks to Mister Dela Cruz for the kickass banner!
sendpm.gif
Old 03-16-2012, 11:10 PM

WrestlingFan97 is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't know, it's just IMO he doesn't have "the look". He looks out of shape. Unless that's something uncontrolable, he needs to work on that A.S.A.P. Also, from what I've seen of him, he's seems one-dimensional. All he talked about was beer and something else that I can't remember.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-17-2012, 05:30 AM
King of the Ring

TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
For all those who say Storm is "too Southern" to be a 'global star', remember a guy named Stone Cold Steve Austin? He was pretty southern as well and he reached global status. It's not about any of that. It's about connecting with the audience. Storm is great at it. Besides, the moment you start trying to change is the moment you loose that connection to the audience. Storm is who he is and that'll win people over who are watching for talent and not stereotypes.
Nirvana sold a lot of records in the early 1990s, I doubt if you pattern yourself directly after them that it'd work. Markets change. It's not that Austin was southern that got him over. If that were the case, then the NWA would have destroyed the WWF.

Austin got over because he was a voice for the working man and was incredible at the character. He transcended his character because people saw the core of it. I don't get that with Storm.

As for the guy talking about his physique, I think that's more of an appeal (unless it gets out of hand). Austin never really looked like a super athlete. He always looked fit, but more like a build you'd see a carpenter have, especially later on.

*Guy no one predicted to win, wins*
-IWC fans "OMG THIS IS SO STUPID, WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS?"
sendpm.gif
Old 03-17-2012, 08:37 AM
IT happens!
WWE Women's Champion

IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...IT Factor is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWJC: The Beginning View Post
Nirvana sold a lot of records in the early 1990s, I doubt if you pattern yourself directly after them that it'd work. Markets change. It's not that Austin was southern that got him over. If that were the case, then the NWA would have destroyed the WWF.
Yeah, alot of groups tried imitating Nirvana and it never worked. I wasn't particularly focusing on the fact that Austin was southern to "get over". What I was sayin' was that Austin happened to be a southern sounding guy who didn't change who he was to become successful. As for the NWA thing, that's abit harsh, wouldn't ya say? Besides, that really didn't matter because the WRESTLING product was great. Again, you cannot stereotype quality.

Quote:
Austin got over because he was a voice for the working man and was incredible at the character. He transcended his character because people saw the core of it. I don't get that with Storm.
I'll agree with most of that. Austin was the blue collar worker who stood up to his boss. That was alot of his character and what made him great. He also happened to be playing something closer to himself in real life. Which is also what people paid to see. While Storm isn't quite on the same level with Austin, he has that potential.

Quote:
As for the guy talking about his physique, I think that's more of an appeal (unless it gets out of hand). Austin never really looked like a super athlete. He always looked fit, but more like a build you'd see a carpenter have, especially later on.
Agreed. Physique doesn't have alot to do with success. If it were, guys like Rikishi[somewhat], Yokozuna, and Samoa Joe would never have been used on television. I judge based on merit and talent. Storm is a great ring worker who is good on the mic and connects with the audience based on being himself. And while I'm sure there are those who don't like him, that's their choice. I'm basing my opinion on the times I've been to live events and TNA PPVs and the one time I met Storm. He's a really fan interactive guy who seems to really like his fans. He's also not trying to be a character he's not. Which I applaud because alot of wrestlers do that and most fans see through it.

Thanks to Mister Dela Cruz for the kickass banner!
sendpm.gif
Old 03-17-2012, 09:59 AM

wrestlingmasters55 is looking to come up from OCW...

I could see Storm becoming a global star, if he wasn'T in TNA. The problem is that for some weird reason that i never really understood, TNA as never be able to make a real megastar out of a home grown Talent. They first Tried with A.J styles, and for a while i thought here is the guy that will help TNA become a force in wrestling, the guy was on top of the company, he was working with all the top stars in TNA and then they stop pushing him and he became just another guy. Then they tried again with Abyss, had i'm in a program with Sting. The program was well receive, fans on the internet started talking about the guy, then they stop pushing him and again became just another guy on the roster. After that you had Samoa Joe, Huge push for the guy, was well receive everywhere he went, Push to the moon. Was in the main event of Lockdown 2008 which is still to this day, the most bought TNA ppv in the company's history, then lost the belt and they stop pushing him and again he'S just another guy.

Bobby Roode who is getting the push right now will probably fell in the same category when he finally drop the belt. James is just the flavor of the year in TNA. The guy as alot of charisma but at the end of the day, he will fall into the shadows just like everybody else that got that huge push before him.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-18-2012, 04:46 PM

RealGardenStateSaint is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by La PaperGhostique View Post

Look, look at that. Jesus among his people.

I would like to think people would pay to see Jesus, rather than just be tourists that get in for free to watch some of that 'rasslin.
sendpm.gif