WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-15-2012, 06:37 PM
Knockout Champion

Azane is looking to come up from OCW...Azane is looking to come up from OCW...Azane is looking to come up from OCW...Azane is looking to come up from OCW...

Bob Barker was my favorite, this may just be because I'm a huge Price is Right fan, but I thought the way he interacted with the talent really made for some humorous moments.

As far as worst... Jeremy Piven, He went on to insult wrestling and there was a huge argument about the asian dude botching and trying to sue WWE for it. Basically, left a very bad taste in my mouth that's made me boycott him.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-16-2012, 04:13 AM

Dmbfantomas is looking to come up from OCW...Dmbfantomas is looking to come up from OCW...Dmbfantomas is looking to come up from OCW...

Best: It's a tie for me between Hugh Jackman and David Hasselhoff. Both really looked like they enjoyed being there, and they were incredibly entertaining.

I kinda do my best to forget the bad ones, so, I don't remember.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-16-2012, 07:18 AM
The Y2Grae Bug

y2grae is looking to come up from OCW...

Best:

1) Muppets (Beaker and Sheamus = just pure win)
2) Hugh Jackman
3) Jesse the Body
4) Bob Barker

Worst

1) Jeremy effing Piven (only reason i know the name prior to this is a Simpsons reference to Titanic meeting Frasier starring Jeremy Piven)
2) Jeremy Piven's stupid asian friend with the baby dummy. just fuck off....
3) Pretty much every guest host not listed above....
Old 03-16-2012, 07:34 AM

Snixon is looking to come up from OCW...

Best: Hugh Jackman and the Muppets.
Worst: Al Sharpton by far.

That idiot Sharpton told WWE officals he had to leave....at 9:30.........what a moron.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-16-2012, 12:46 PM
WWE Women's Champion

MWRedskins is looking to come up from OCW...MWRedskins is looking to come up from OCW...MWRedskins is looking to come up from OCW...MWRedskins is looking to come up from OCW...

wow, this is a good idea for a thread. there are lots of both good and BAD guest hosts on RAW.
MY favorite Guest host--Batista was a good one for me, but i will go with Ted Dibiase as my favorite with Barker and Batista as close behind. BUT my favorie moment by a guest host was Shaq vs. Big Show only because it looked good from both guys, but i thought Dibiase's mic work and family drama was entertaining and he made the guest host job look important.
MY LEAST favorite Guest Host--oh dear, we do have our favorites, what with Piven banning Miz from SummerFEST, or Kyle Busch calling Kofi Kingston, Kofi Johnson or some terriable backstage segments like Cheech and Chong's Lucky Charms or Henderson's Bunch or McGruber!!! but i go with Springer. it was sad to watch some 10 minutes wasted, it's funny to look back at it now, but i dont see how a Springer show on Raw would help promote the next PPV or how it made sense with a storyline, so i go Springer, but there were some good 2nd places, 2nd place is McGruber in my book.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-16-2012, 04:15 PM
Knockout Champion

JJ15776 is looking to come up from OCW...JJ15776 is looking to come up from OCW...JJ15776 is looking to come up from OCW...JJ15776 is looking to come up from OCW...JJ15776 is looking to come up from OCW...JJ15776 is looking to come up from OCW...JJ15776 is looking to come up from OCW...

First, it was cool to see James Roday finally get a chance to be on Raw. He was supposed to co-host with Dule Hill a couple years ago but needed an emergency appendectomy the day before...kind of weird that they never mentioned that on the air. (Although Roday did allude to it.)

Favorite guest hosts: Seth Green, Freddie Prinze Jr, and Hugh Jackman stand out for me. Not only were they entertaining, but they were obviously extremely excited to be there. Bob Barker deserves a mention too, he did a great job interacting with the wrestlers.

Least favorite: So many to choose from, but Timbaland is the worst one I remember. Honestly I can't even recall some of the other bad ones mentioned like Al Sharpton, which probably shows how bad he was. But I distinctly remember how uninterested and bored Timbaland was.

The guest host concept was a great idea. They just needed to be more selective. It was awesome when they had guys who were real wrestling fans, they were happy to be there and it was fun to watch. But the ones just there to do the job (no pun intended) and get out were horrible.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-16-2012, 04:26 PM

Ryyu is looking to come up from OCW...

Hugh Jackman was the best, you can tell a mile off when people care about wrestling and genuinely want to be there, Hugh looked like I would have meeting bulldog at in 92. The Worst, throw a dart at the rest of them.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-16-2012, 04:45 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...theBec2101 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think the guest host wasnt a bad idea, just some of thier picks. I think it would be better if they just had people who knew the product and open to ideas. It is also not just the host fault because they are told what to do aswell. Maybe they go to far or they dont care how they come off. I think Piven is a d-bag before he was the host.
But I thought Pee-Wee, Barker, Jackman, mupets were pretty good. Piven was that bad yea he is a d-bag but he had a storyline and it was unpredicable.
But there are bad one, Ale sharpton, jackass, timberland.
I wouldnt mind if they did old school wrestlers as a guest host like jesse the body, piper. Bobby the Brain(if he wasnt ill), Jake. People that could work the crowd just by talkin so they dont even have to get physically involved.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-16-2012, 05:11 PM
Galloway's gal forever
NWA Champion

Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...

The best host was Freddie Prinze, Jr. The guy cares about wrestling and it showed. It didn't seem he was just there to promote himself or a project of his, as so many others were.

I suppose the worst was Florence Henderson......because I couldn't understand what Mrs. Brady could possibly do hosting a wrestling program.......and it panned out just that way; she added nothing. In a way, it was nice to see her again, but she could have accomplished that by taking a bow from a seat in the audience.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-16-2012, 10:14 PM

80s Dude is looking to come up from OCW...

For me, the best ones were Jesse Ventura (for reasons already mentioned), Hugh Jackman (again already mentioned), Bob Barker (his interactions with Jericho were great), and William Shatner. I liked Shatner, first off because I'm a huge trekkie, and second, because I thought his spoken word versions of wrestler theme songs were absolutely hilarious.

For the worst, well Piven was a dumbass for sure, but he at least looked like he was enjoying himself. But summerfest was totally inexcusable.

However, the one I liked the least, was Dennis Miller doing the hosting for the slammys. While watching that episode, he seemed totally disinterested, and completely phoned it in. The only excitement he showed was when he was plugging his charity.
And it was way obvious he didn't write his own jokes (not that I'm really blaming him, but it was clear he knew nothing of the business so he couldn't write his own).