WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-16-2012, 01:30 AM
The Phenom of WZ
WWE Women's Champion

I Am Phenom is looking to come up from OCW...I Am Phenom is looking to come up from OCW...I Am Phenom is looking to come up from OCW...I Am Phenom is looking to come up from OCW...I Am Phenom is looking to come up from OCW...I Am Phenom is looking to come up from OCW...I Am Phenom is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via MSN to I Am Phenom

You can't say enough about this match. IMO, this is the Undertaker's third best WM match of all the times. This match really helped make WM X7 the greatest WWF/E PPV ever.

Undertaker vs HHH at WM X7 really gets over looked a lot when talking about the best of the Undertaker and HHH. In reality, this was probably the 2nd best match on the WM X7 card(Yes I'm putting it above Rock vs. Austin II as TLC II was the best match on the card). This match was fast paced, had drama, and was unpredictable. It was truly amazing.

I really hope that this year 'Taker and Trips can surpass the match that they had 11 years ago. They are the best two to ever step foot inside the Hell in a Cell and I can't wait to see what they do this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShiftLegend View Post
Thus why I'd let a girl put on a strap-on and get in there. You only live once.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-16-2012, 01:35 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...FlairFan2003 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Personally I thought not mentioning this match at all was kind of dumb last year. In fact it robbed us of the annual "List Of The Beatens" we used to get in video highlight packages (that was half joking there).

Ive said before that this is the start of when "The Streak" becomes a big deal, going through HHH & Flair in consecutive WMs really put The Streak at the forefront, Im not even sure WWE was aware of it until after WM 18. From that point on not only have Taker's WM matches typically been in the Top 2 or 3 of the card every year, but he's faced the biggest stars in the company, Orton, Batista, Edge, HBK. So much of the early streak was built on mid card matches and lightly promoted bouts, the whole Streak Phenomenon as it is really kick started vs HHH at WM 17.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-16-2012, 04:11 AM
Lovable Curmudgeon
Knockout Champion

berlinbrawler is looking to come up from OCW...berlinbrawler is looking to come up from OCW...berlinbrawler is looking to come up from OCW...berlinbrawler is looking to come up from OCW...berlinbrawler is looking to come up from OCW...berlinbrawler is looking to come up from OCW...berlinbrawler is looking to come up from OCW...

I loved their match at WM17. One of my all time favorite matches. It stole the show on that night, in my opinion. And that's saying something, considering the main event was Austin vs Rock in their primes. I thought it was very cool that Motoerhead played Triple Hs theme music (even though it wasn't their best performance), but that's not the reason that match was so special. There wasn't even a big storyline for this (something about H being in Taker's yard...), just two of the best of all time battling it out on the big stage, putting on a stellar performance. It was epic.

As several people already pointed out, it wasn't no DQ, but the ref got knocked out. I also don't recall Stephanie being involved in the match at all. I also don't recall any mention of the streak then. I think that only started a few years later.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:11 AM
King of the Ring

TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...

It was an okay match. The spot where HHH is chokeslamed off the scaffolding onto the foam pad was pretty phony. I bet on the DVD version it was edited so you don't see it. I used to have a taped version of the live broadcast. Looked horrible. Was a pretty good attitude era style match though. Lots of brawling, reff bump, blood, weapons, finisher counters, etc. Good stuff. I'd call it a "fun" match but not a "great" match.

*Guy no one predicted to win, wins*
-IWC fans "OMG THIS IS SO STUPID, WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS?"
sendpm.gif
Old 03-16-2012, 07:04 AM

Snixon is looking to come up from OCW...
Default The Best

This match was by far the better of the two Taker-HHH Mania matches. To hear last years get all of the pomp and circumstance in the IWC is some what shocking. I thought it pailed in comparison to Mania 17. Its the main reason why I am not anxious about this up in coming match at Mania 28.
Mania 17 from start to finish is a Mania classic. To be honest, I am not a big fan of HHH and this is his most memeorable match that comes to my mind.

FYI, this upcoming match will see Undertaker win with a tombstone. At Mania 17, he won with the Last Ride. Mania 27 he won with the Hells Gate. And this year he will beat HHH with the tombstone.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-16-2012, 03:56 PM

TheReddPlanet is looking to come up from OCW...

Just finished watching this match on the tombstone dvd and i come here and find this! They definitely mention the streak! The Undertaker was 8-0 before this match!
sendpm.gif
Old 03-17-2012, 09:17 PM

Last Outlaw is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm probably in the minority but I dig this match a lot more than the one last year because I didn't like the pace of last year's match and it was a complete spotfest. It felt as if it dragged on too long and the numerous finishers and kickouts made the finishers look weak than anything else. I could've sworn Taker had him in the Hell's Gate for eternity and I didn't dig the endign either although obviously that was used as the stepping stone for this year's match. The match at WM 17 featured more back and forth action and classic brawling with a couple of cool spots involved as well. I can't remember much about the build up but it couldn't be any worse than that of 27 which seemed like a randomly thrown match as well. IIRC, I know they had Taker demand the match from Regal after Kane held Stephanie (in reality, it was a dummy) up high and threatened to throw her from the top floor.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:38 PM

WallsofZakku is looking to come up from OCW...

I remember that match, had a good build-up, some good spots, an overall good match.
haha when taker chokeslammed trips off the rail in the crowd. nice spot.
but yes, good match.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Sausage Farmers

Mark Gallows is looking to come up from OCW...

Remember it? How can I forgot?! That match was art, much better than last years 'mania match, probably than this year's too. The X7 build was spot on, the build to last years and this years mania has been lackluster at best, where's the heat?

The image from that feud that really sticks out to me is Hunter sitting on Taker's neck with a steel chair "you're the guy who makes people famous? You know what I'm famous for dead man? I'm famous for crippling people!" Excellent.