WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > Non-Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Believes in The Shield!
WCW TV Champion

The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...The S#cial Sector worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Send a message via MSN to The S#cial Sector Send a message via Skype™ to The S#cial Sector
Default What's your theory on muscle to fat ratios

So the other day, I was in the middle of a workout session with a few friends of mine at the gym. Now in my group of "workout friends" we have the usual - 1 guy who doesn't over work him (we'll call him "Frank"), 1 guy who's there to try and lose weight or stay healthy (myself), and 1 guy who's all about getting muscle tone (we'll call him "Mike").

While Mike was in the middle of running his laps around the gym's indoor track, Frank and I went to use the jump ropes a bit because they burn fat and help with stamina, or so I'm told.

In the middle of our jump roping, Frank asks me if there was a certain muscle to fat ratio he should try to strive for. I told him that a good 70-30 would be perfect as it would give him the tone in his body that he is looking for as well as leave enough 'cushion' on his body to help prevent more physical health injuries. It would also bring him to a much thinner and healthier body. Mike, hearing this at the end of his last lap came over and started saying how the less fat the better was a more admirable goal.

Now I realize that Mike's personal goal is that, a personal one. But realistically, I believe that in order to be really "healthy" one needs some fat on their body as well as the muscle. Now I don't mean go out and indulge on ten boxes of fatty cakes. But like don't let one's body get to a point where it becomes too bridle.

The way I see it, when a human body becomes nothing but muscle, it can best be described as an egg. It has a hard outside that is strong enough to keep away small bacteria and keep the inside healthy (the yolk, in this case)... But what happens if that egg gets dropped? Naturally, it breaks physically. To me, adding a bit of fat to a highly muscle toned body would be similar to wrapping that egg in an oven mitt, which would protect the egg far more because of the soft exterior.

So my question for this discussion is:

What do you consider to be a decent muscle to fat ratio for the human body?
Vote Hardy Boys for WZ Tag Team Tournament
sendpm.gif