WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-15-2012, 10:23 PM
King of the Ring

TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...

Themes just need to fit the character.

Dolph Ziggler's "I am perfection" was AWESOME. Hate his new stuff.

Cena, Orton, Punk, Miz, Rhodes, etc, all basically fit them.

Smackdown and Raw's themes both suck because both Green Day (from American Idiot on) and Nickelback (for basically their whole careers) suck.

The wrestlers themes aren't bad really. Considering they have to write original music for each guy and not every guy is a draw, it makes sense.

Also, going back to metal/late 90s sounding rock is a horrible idea. I like rock music, but it doesn't make them look anymore modern. They need a heavy electronic type of rap/dubstep (and I fuckin hate dubstep) intro. They need to ALWAYS look modern, not like a 90s nostalgia show.

*Guy no one predicted to win, wins*
-IWC fans "OMG THIS IS SO STUPID, WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS?"
sendpm.gif
Old 03-16-2012, 04:58 AM
The Y2Grae Bug

y2grae is looking to come up from OCW...

Dolph's theme has had "perfection" removed from it. Was he becoming Mr Hennig pt 2 a bit too much for their liking?

Green Day shite needs to stop on Smackdown..... NOW!
Seriously that shit makes me want to not watch, and I have been watching since Hogan/Warrior and Undertaker was unveiled at Survivor Series......

One little bugbear, The Nickelback theme is not that bad, and for the pg era (and hip hop era) has been a cracking little song. I think it is because of them playing live, and people saying "wait, that catchy song was by Nickelback? time to start hating!"

It isn't Attitude era rock quality, but considering where we are since leaving the Attitude Era, I would consider that a win.

and NEVER.....EVER.........should they use Dubstep
Old 03-16-2012, 05:15 AM
King of the Ring

TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2grae View Post
Dolph's theme has had "perfection" removed from it. Was he becoming Mr Hennig pt 2 a bit too much for their liking?

Green Day shite needs to stop on Smackdown..... NOW!
Seriously that shit makes me want to not watch, and I have been watching since Hogan/Warrior and Undertaker was unveiled at Survivor Series......

One little bugbear, The Nickelback theme is not that bad, and for the pg era (and hip hop era) has been a cracking little song. I think it is because of them playing live, and people saying "wait, that catchy song was by Nickelback? time to start hating!"

It isn't Attitude era rock quality, but considering where we are since leaving the Attitude Era, I would consider that a win.

and NEVER.....EVER.........should they use Dubstep
I wouldn't use direct Dubstep. Just said something similar where it's a bass heavy song with hip hoppy stuff going on. I'm not a fan of dubstep, but it's hot right now. Shit man they used to use LIMP BIZKIT. Probably the worst lyricist of all time.

Their WWE Network promo was perfect. It felt modern. Whether you like it or not, being modern helps the product. I hate limp bizkit, I hate Nickelback, I hate dubstep, but it makes the show look modern. Their vids should look like MTV produced them. As horrible as that sounds, but that's what's going to sell.

Personally, I'd like the Raw theme to be Bulls on Parade, but that makes them look dated. At the very least, they should use something similar to Trent Reznor's cover of "Immigrant Song" that they used for the dragon tatoo movie.

Nickelback doesn't seem new at all, makes it seem like you're watching a rerun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu66H...feature=fvwrel

that looks modern. Much more modern than this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okEiCkRQFo8

Sorry, but that's how it is big mang. Maybe I'm wrong, I'm 22 and male and I still listen to Led Zeppelin. I'm clearly not the target audience for the hipsters. All I know is that the kids at work LOVE that dubstep shit and I sound like a grumpy old man when I tell them it's not music. Doesn't mater, this is entertainment. Keep up with the Jonses or get moved off the block.

I used to hate that wrestlemania didn't really use rock songs anymore, but it really does make the product look more modern. Maybe Smackdown could use a song similar to LMFAO Party Rock whatever. Again, I don't listen to this stuff, but the product needs to look modern. Green Day and Nickelback aren't modern, they make the product look dated.

*Guy no one predicted to win, wins*
-IWC fans "OMG THIS IS SO STUPID, WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS?"

Last edited by TWJC: The Beginning : 03-16-2012 at 05:17 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-16-2012, 05:57 AM
The Y2Grae Bug

y2grae is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWJC: The Beginning View Post
I wouldn't use direct Dubstep. Just said something similar where it's a bass heavy song with hip hoppy stuff going on. I'm not a fan of dubstep, but it's hot right now. Shit man they used to use LIMP BIZKIT. Probably the worst lyricist of all time.

Their WWE Network promo was perfect. It felt modern. Whether you like it or not, being modern helps the product. I hate limp bizkit, I hate Nickelback, I hate dubstep, but it makes the show look modern. Their vids should look like MTV produced them. As horrible as that sounds, but that's what's going to sell.

Personally, I'd like the Raw theme to be Bulls on Parade, but that makes them look dated. At the very least, they should use something similar to Trent Reznor's cover of "Immigrant Song" that they used for the dragon tatoo movie.

Nickelback doesn't seem new at all, makes it seem like you're watching a rerun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu66H...feature=fvwrel

that looks modern. Much more modern than this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okEiCkRQFo8

Sorry, but that's how it is big mang. Maybe I'm wrong, I'm 22 and male and I still listen to Led Zeppelin. I'm clearly not the target audience for the hipsters. All I know is that the kids at work LOVE that dubstep shit and I sound like a grumpy old man when I tell them it's not music. Doesn't mater, this is entertainment. Keep up with the Jonses or get moved off the block.

I used to hate that wrestlemania didn't really use rock songs anymore, but it really does make the product look more modern. Maybe Smackdown could use a song similar to LMFAO Party Rock whatever. Again, I don't listen to this stuff, but the product needs to look modern. Green Day and Nickelback aren't modern, they make the product look dated.
dude, re:target audiences... I am 34 and don't listen to a large portion of newer music. I would make you look fresh and down with it if I worked with you or joined a conversation at your work.....

I honestly think for a majority of people, actually knowing it is/was Nickelback doing the RAW theme has tainted it for them. I honestly (and can't believe I am typing this) think their recent music is listenable to, and not just either.

When we have "written in the stars" as a Mania (or ppv theme) and it wasn't long ago we had "ladies and gentlemen" by Saliva, then I weep....

however if we go full gimmick and get the (and I mean THE) Wrestlemania song back, then we've gone too far. (whoah whoah Wrestlemania, fighting to survive, pump it up....)

If they can modernise the themes whilst keeping the energy/attitude of older themes then I wont complain. I may not be too keen on change but if it is for the greater good, then I can always do what I am doing to Smackdown every week... fast forward through that Billie Joe shite