WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

AwesomeRko is looking to come up from OCW...AwesomeRko is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't think that they could have someone just step in and act as if its a seamless transition they would have to acknowledge that the new undertaker was different in some respect. This would work best if they could get paul bearer involved and perhaps run a story in which undertakers spirit after he has eventually been vanquished or disappeared possess a new young superstar. It would tie in with the immortal thing and he could be pushed as an unstoppable mega-heel similar to Taker in the MOD days with bearer as his manager.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:47 PM

Jdulemba1001 is looking to come up from OCW...

If they wanted to try to bring in a "new" Undertaker, they would have it acknowledge it as such. Maybe someone retires him and says they will fulfill his legacy or something. But the idea of him stepping out and someone just seemlessly acting like its Calloway wont work.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-14-2012, 03:01 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to midgensa

You no ... at first I wanted to be like "Hell no!"

But then I got to thinking ... which might have been stupid.

This might actually work. It would take an immense talent to pull off. Take a ridiculous amount of work. And it would need the writing to be flawless. But ... just maybe.

About 10 years ago when I was an even bigger idiot than I am now I thought it would be cool for the WWE to look for a Taker clone for UT to take under his wing. A similar sized, athletic guy. They could simply call him "The Phenom" and have Taker mentor him and take him to new heights for a few years before the "split" pays off with a couple solid matches.

That would be tough to do now because Undertaker does not have the time to be a full-time mentor in a storyline. But it definitely could work with the right guy.

That all said ... I would not trust WWE to pull it off.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-14-2012, 03:24 PM

Global Conquest is looking to come up from OCW...Global Conquest is looking to come up from OCW...

The character lends itself to being something that could last beyond Mark Calloway, but the problem is that it would be obvious it was someone else. They could be the same size, have the same costume, move the same way, and even talk the same way, but the issue is we know what Mark Calloway looks like and it would be obvious it wasn't him. If it was a masked character (or even one with face-paint) it would have a chance at working but with his face being so well known you wouldn't be able to pull it off.

Thanks go to Theo for the incredible sig
sendpm.gif
Old 03-14-2012, 03:31 PM

Cebeards is looking to come up from OCW...

This would only be possible if passed down from the Undertaker in some way. I think Kane only took off the way he did because he was introduced on the piggy back of Undertaker's already illustrious career.

If they introduces a new character and aligned him with Taker for a year or so then you have the capabilities of creating an Undertaker-esque character. I don't honestly believe that having him take the title of Undertaker and run with it would be successful, but having Undertaker vouch for a new monster with a similar gimmick would help fill a corner of the void that Taker will leave. This style of push would require a heavier schedule for Mark for a little while. Have him lead his new protege into Wrestlemania against someone worth beating for his first win in a new "streak".

You need an Intelligent, Agile, Strong, Sizable Athlete. You also need a blood in WWE man, not someone that will turn tail in a few years to make movies or try out MMA.

Hell, you could even start up a ministry like faction for a bit so you can try out a few different guys simultaneously and thin it down to one.

But, these are just ideas.....we'll see.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:09 PM

Wrestlemania 20-0 is looking to come up from OCW...

i've see one guy for to make this it's the Underfaker managed by Ted Dibiase,imagine his resurection when Taker leave the WWE.
Maybe Brian lee must to play for an second time Undertaker in his career with the help of dibiase.
The carachter of the Undertaker is unique and his future descendant will be different with an something of darkness more pure.
i' m not persuaders that Mark Calaway give his ledgments for this,he has work 21 years old for that.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-14-2012, 08:50 PM
A side effect that's treatable

Cats Pajamas is looking to come up from OCW...Cats Pajamas is looking to come up from OCW...
Default The Gimmick: Pass on or RIP?

Good evening, ladies & gents...it's been a long day in the blossoming northeast & I consider myself privileged to be able to discuss this fascinating idea with my WrestleZone colleagues to wind down the night. Alright folks, here goes...

I don't think this idea is implausible, not by a long shot. In fact, I really wish more guys would take a page out of the Undertaker's tome. What is Undertaker besides a themed caricature of a legit badass, Mark Calloway? His on screen persona is a type of character we've all seen in the movies; Undertaker's depiction of it coupled with fans utmost reverence for Calloway have made it entirely convincing. Admit it… Taker's expressions come off so natural you'd assume he truly has been completely desensitized by being enveloped by tombstones and carcasses his whole life.

I'll reiterate after that tangent: I do think it's entirely possible replicate the Deadman... but a few things have me worried. Even if christened the "new" Phenom by Calloway himself, the audience could possibly be stricken by sequel syndrome. After an unparalleled 20 some odd year legacy, it would be a lotta years before some young gun looks legit & not like a toddler in his dad's loafers. The Undertaker is just that damn good... Would Mr. McMahon become disenchanted with this story before it could catch on?

Also, with the extraordinary kind of multi-platformed talent it would take to replicate the Undertaker gimmick, I'd have to wonder what that performer could have done with an original character. Instead of taking years of unmitigated hate from fussy, stuck-in-their-ways viewers, what could they do to build their own, unique wrestling epic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa_sleepingpowder, entombed and engraved for your enjoyment View Post
This is actually one of my favorite wrestling related fantasies. I've always wondered if they could give a performer the "graveyard" theme rather than a "dead man". I'm a HUGE fan of all things N’awlins and I'd love to see a Cajun Gravedigger; complete with voodoo-esque superstitions and bayou antics. Cookin’ up gumbo, raisin' the spir'ts from the dead, and managed by none other than (the deathly delicious) Roxxy Levioux (instead of Paul Bearer)! Oh, and don't forget that obligatory bayou vernacular!
That's all my opinion, though... take a tough guy and give him vibes of mortem. Then hope to Hell that Hollywood or the Octagon doesn't offer him more money. Thanks Ghosti, you made my evening brotha! Until next time use all-natural toothpaste, stay out of graveyards after dark, don’t trust anyone named “Beetlejuice” and best regards, wrestling fans.

You found the secret message! "Never adulterate your evil..." Harry Shearer

Last edited by Cats Pajamas : 03-14-2012 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Fixed my erroneous reflective pronoun use.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:01 PM

WWEvsJosh is looking to come up from OCW...

lol and i mean lol because i wrote a thread asking would there ever be another Taker or Kane.

Someone wrote on my thread about Taker having a son and having him take the role. I like that idea. I would like for him to have a different name but do pretty much everything Taker did.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-15-2012, 12:36 AM
Got jumped at the airport as your
WWF Hardcore Champion

PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rattlesnake View Post
You have a pretty good memory Jack. That was me, although the thread was merged.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showpo...3&postcount=14

I, have never seen (sniffs finger), that thread in all my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa_sleepingpowder View Post
Good evening, ladies & gents...it's been a long day in the blossoming northeast & I consider myself privileged to be able to discuss this fascinating idea with my WrestleZone colleagues to wind down the night. Alright folks, here goes...

I don't think this idea is implausible, not by a long shot. In fact, I really wish more guys would take a page out of the Undertaker's tome. What is Undertaker besides a themed caricature of a legit badass, Mark Calloway? His on screen persona is a type of character we've all seen in the movies; Undertaker's depiction of it coupled with fans utmost reverence for Calloway have made it entirely convincing. Admit it… Taker's expressions come off so natural you'd assume he truly has been completely desensitized by being enveloped by tombstones and carcasses his whole life.

I'll reiterate after that tangent: I do think it's entirely possible replicate the Deadman... but a few things have me worried. Even if christened the "new" Phenom by Calloway himself, the audience could possibly be stricken by sequel syndrome. After an unparalleled 20 some odd year legacy, it would be a lotta years before some young gun looks legit & not like a toddler in his dad's loafers. The Undertaker is just that damn good... Would Mr. McMahon become disenchanted with this story before it could catch on?

Also, with the extraordinary kind of multi-platformed talent it would take to replicate the Undertaker gimmick, I'd have to wonder what that performer could have done with an original character. Instead of taking years of unmitigated hate from fussy, stuck-in-their-ways viewers, what could they do to build their own, unique wrestling epic?

That's all my opinion, though... take a tough guy and give him vibes of mortem. Then hope to Hell that Hollywood or the Octagon doesn't offer him more money. Thanks Ghosti, you made my evening brotha! Until next time use all-natural toothpaste, stay out of graveyards after dark, don’t trust anyone named “Beetlejuice” and best regards, wrestling fans.

You found the secret message! "Never adulterate your evil..." Harry Shearer
I wish color show in quotes, AH! Nice! No idea who Harry Shearer is. I know an Alan Shearer though.

You know who I thought could actually have gone into the new Deadman gimmick...

You know, I don't do things half-assed like Rattle. I will give you some names. I will give you his name. His name is Kassius Ohno!. I know it's brilliant. I thought Chris Hero was brilliant still. And I apologize to Rattle. I think all this Taker talk is Brown Syndrome. And Rattle is awesome-chutney.

Anyway, yes so if anyone could actually take over, and I peek my head tp see through the crowd, I do see this guy. I can play fantasy booking but here is how it should/could/would go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rattlesnake View Post
It can all come about in a very simple manner. Say Mark Calloway loses his last match, a buried alive match against a heel at Survivor Series. Heading upto Wrestlemania our heel brags about how he has ended Undertaker's career when cue gothic voice. The gothic voice says " Foolish man. The Undertaker is Immortal". At that moment the gong strikes, and the druids come out with a casket. The casket opens and Undertaker appears with a slightly different attire. The only other difference being that The Undertaker is not Mark Calloway.

I think everyone has reacted rather marvelously as to how open they're to a new person filling in the new casket, so in short you are underselling the IWC. Sure we are a bunch of idiots but if someone can be good, the majority of us will call him good. The minority who wanna act like goth-pussies, will find fault in a flower bloom in spring. Kassius Taker will pray for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWEvsJosh View Post
lol and i mean lol because i wrote a thread asking would there ever be another Taker or Kane.

Someone wrote on my thread about Taker having a son and having him take the role. I like that idea. I would like for him to have a different name but do pretty much everything Taker did.

Grr I mean grr, I almost thought you ripped me off, but reading your thread did give me a realization that it might be impossible to create Kane. Know why? Kane is Taker's brother. He has a very rich history that revolves around Taker. Kane can never be done. The Undertaker can because he is an independent character. Hell, I even imagined a whole dark coronation ceremony where Kassius would come down, bow before Taker and Paul Bearer could take his hat and then put it on Mr. Yoko Ohno's luscious locks.

Kane, no. He was burned, that's why he wore a mask. And all that. Impossible to do Kane, even more ludicrous if you do a new Kane with a new Taker.

It's not a rite of passage to burn your little brother to become the Undertaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Steele's Barber View Post
Don't let the naysayers get you down Paper, while it would be a huge challenge to duplicate the UT character effectively, it is no reason to not try. We've had the honor to watch his character all of these years and there is no reason the character can't be carried on with a new Superstar. I don't know how the story goes (relative, imposter, mentee, magical passing of his powers) but it could work.

Yes, see that's it. Even as a 24 year old I wanna see the dark, mystical stuff; and then come here and totally lie through my teeth as to how gay that segment was. It wasn't. Gays are fine and so are druidy hoods and fire. I absolutely loved the whole Deadman gimmick over the years. Yes the internet is strong and maybe young'uns these days break kayfabe virginity earlier than we did, however this character, deserves to live on. And live on the shoulders of someone who can carry it out with everything. Poise, persona, move-set...everything.