WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-14-2012, 01:58 AM
Lou Thesz' Favorite Son
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Remy LaCroix worked a dark match on ECW recently...Remy LaCroix worked a dark match on ECW recently...Remy LaCroix worked a dark match on ECW recently...Remy LaCroix worked a dark match on ECW recently...Remy LaCroix worked a dark match on ECW recently...Remy LaCroix worked a dark match on ECW recently...Remy LaCroix worked a dark match on ECW recently...Remy LaCroix worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I think it's great fuel for the feud (I can spell! =D). Before this past Raw I was like, "okay yeah, best in the blah blah blah whatever. When will Brodus Clay have a match so I can see Naomi's big ass?" Now I'm like, "OOOOOH he's talking about Punk's daddy. I can relate 'cause I has daddy issues too! Oh fuck yeah, it's Funkasaurus and company!...um, where was I?"

But yeah, Punk's emotion looked genuine. I thought it was amazing and a great way to get under Punk's skin. Kudos Jericho, kudos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBlack View Post
No I wouldn't fuck my sister if she was as hot as Cersei
sendpm.gif
Old 03-14-2012, 02:20 AM

ttdg is looking to come up from OCW...

Maybe I am overthinking this thing but couldn't it be possible that maybe Jericho, as a heel, doesn't believe that he is the best in the world. Maybe he is having doubts and to level the playing field he gets personal to get Punk off his game to win. It ties in with what some people are saying he is going to try to win any way he can.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-14-2012, 03:20 AM
Knockout Champion

Azane is looking to come up from OCW...Azane is looking to come up from OCW...Azane is looking to come up from OCW...Azane is looking to come up from OCW...

This gives Punk a chance to explore new territory, his character has went from straight edge goodie goodie to straight edge better than you, to tweener, to rebellous almost face of the company, he's never an emotion story, he's always been about his personal beliefs or his self righteousness, now we get to see how CM Punk can handle another dimension of his character.

Realistically, all you need is the belt for a classic matchup, anything else is just spicing it up, and it's WM, the matches should be built up like this, and it may be interesting to see where it goes.

I came from a family that was closest alcoholic, so I know where the feelings come from, and all my siblings have steered away from ethanol outside of weekends responsibly because of it, it's actually made us stronger on the subject, but there is some suspension of belief, CM Punk may live his life straight edge and all of that, but it takes 1 moment of weakness to give in.

Punk seems to be doing great in this role, as I said, it's not something we're used to seeing, and for all I know, that he's used to showing. Let's see where it leads too, I know this has been a dream match for some people for a while, so all the psychology aside, the match is going to draw, adding more won't hurt unless they really overspice it.

Last edited by Azane : 03-14-2012 at 03:22 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-14-2012, 03:30 AM
Serial Racist
WCW TV Champion

The Rattlesnake scored a win over Santino Marella...The Rattlesnake scored a win over Santino Marella...The Rattlesnake scored a win over Santino Marella...The Rattlesnake scored a win over Santino Marella...The Rattlesnake scored a win over Santino Marella...The Rattlesnake scored a win over Santino Marella...The Rattlesnake scored a win over Santino Marella...The Rattlesnake scored a win over Santino Marella...The Rattlesnake scored a win over Santino Marella...The Rattlesnake scored a win over Santino Marella...The Rattlesnake scored a win over Santino Marella...

It was a statement that is bound to divide the opinion of the people. Some may think of it as a distasteful act on the part of the WWE and some may think of it as some neccesary fuel for the feud. Personally, I do not have any sort of issue with this statement. Yes, there may be some people who have faced such issues who may be uncomfortable with WWE doing this story but there may be others with similar issues who may actually get caught in the kayfabe aspect of things and root for Punk. And it is always those people that WWE makes stories for.

I truly believe that it is in this respect that Jericho talking about Punk's drunkard dad is a lot more different than Cole bringing up Lawler's recently deceased mom. Not many people make fun of a recently deceased loved one but there are people who tend to judge and ridicule you on your parents' misgivings. Maybe not as openly or with as much malicious intent as Jericho did but I do feel that this is something that someone may have faced more than someone making fun of the recent death of a loving one. It is more relateable.

While this feud has been good, most people admit that it has not been great and maybe even a bit too generic for a show like WrestleMania. This move may be what makes this feud great. Jericho comes off as a huge jerk for mentioning something like this. This guy here has also hit the nail right on the head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdg View Post
Maybe I am overthinking this thing but couldn't it be possible that maybe Jericho, as a heel, doesn't believe that he is the best in the world. Maybe he is having doubts and to level the playing field he gets personal to get Punk off his game to win. It ties in with what some people are saying he is going to try to win any way he can.
You are absolutely correct. Heels are generally an insecure bunch who make big statements not so much to convince the audience but themselves of their greatness. Jericho knows Punk is good and so he is trying anything and everything to get into his head. Another explanation could be that Jericho tried getting into Punk's head by those promos and videos about Punk stealing his work but that did not work out and so he has gone with this.

What I also liked was Punk's reaction. He did not make any smarmy comments. He looked genuinely hurt as if Jericho had touched a nerve. That makes me want to cheer for Punk more than before. Earlier this feud was about who was better among the two and that was a statement subject to opinion. Now it's about a babyface shutting a jerk up. There can be no second thoughts about the person you want to support here and thereby is a more effective way of putting Punk over.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-14-2012, 06:34 AM

oldschool6804 is looking to come up from OCW...

it's not kayfabe you're wrong punks real father is an alcoholic kayfabe implies it's not real you're an IDIOT!
sendpm.gif
Old 03-14-2012, 12:40 PM
One-Winged Warblade of Mystra
Undisputed WWE Champion

Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Jericho's promo was very well done. This feud needed a little something extra to make the fans care more. They are facing each other at the biggest show of the year for the WWE Championship, the most prestigious prize in pro wrestling, while both are claiming to be "the best in the world" at what they do. That's enough for a lesser show, but this is Wrestlemania. We need more than just "hey we are both the best so let's have a match". Jericho's remark about Punk's father was exactly what they needed. Now more people will care about the results of this angle and the incredible match we are in for at Wrestlemania.

Some will complain about it being too "personal" but that was a classic way of generating heel heat. You're not supposed to like the heel in a feud (even though many of us including myself do like heels) and after Jericho said rude things about Punk's family, it made the feud more relevant. Now fans have a reason to support CM Punk over Jericho. Punk's the future of WWE while Jericho is already a legend and has moved on to other projects such as his band. Punk is the one sticking around after all is said and done, so it's better for business for the fans to be supporting him in what I'm sure will be the best match of the evening. The promo wasn't too "personal", in fact, I hope to see more like it as we get closer to the match because the match will be overlooked if the fans do not have enough reasons to care.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"
sendpm.gif