WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

willross is looking to come up from OCW...

I could see them going with the regular draft if they do not completely unify the brands by the end of the summer and then a winter draft of FCW guys on WWE Network....

Very original idea, kinda lmao
sendpm.gif
Old 03-14-2012, 12:23 AM
Cody Rhodes Diva

cyhh2002 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think it's a wonderful idea to draft wrestlers from FCW but it probably won't happen. Even though the RAW Supershow features both RAW and SmackDown talent, the house shows are still brand-exclusive.
I'm pretty sure the WWE will have it's usual draft with interbrand matches determining eight draft picks while the online supplemental draft will probably have maybe 16 Superstars swapping brands.
Cody Rhodes' #1 Fan
sendpm.gif
Old 03-14-2012, 01:54 AM
King of the Ring

TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...

Not a totally bad idea.

the pros:
could make someone a star. I say could because all the vignettes, all the hype, all the stories in the world don't make you interesting if you suck.

It's something new. Might generate interest

the cons:
no one knows who most of these people are and won't give a shit. the key difference between the NFL draft and what you are proposing is that people know who the players in the draft are. College football is probably more popular than the NFL except in places like Dallas or Boston where the Cowboys and Patriots are huge. However, in the south, in california, in missouri, in michigan, in ohio (cept those crazy Chiefs fans), college football is king.

In other words, you'd have to do a hell of a job at making people care about these kids.

The WWE drafting unknown guys and trying to hype them up is more similar to the MLB draft. Most people don't know who they are and it will still take them a few years to truly develop. Every once in a while you have a stephen strasburg or bryce harper come along, but usually you don't. I do, but I'm a baseball nerd.

Basically I think that in some situations this could work, but it won't. People don't know who these guys are and no amount of hype will change it.

*Guy no one predicted to win, wins*
-IWC fans "OMG THIS IS SO STUPID, WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS?"
sendpm.gif
Old 03-18-2012, 12:03 AM
Saving WZ one post at a time.
WWE Diva's Champion

Rampage Bentley is looking to come up from OCW...Rampage Bentley is looking to come up from OCW...Rampage Bentley is looking to come up from OCW...Rampage Bentley is looking to come up from OCW...Rampage Bentley is looking to come up from OCW...Rampage Bentley is looking to come up from OCW...Rampage Bentley is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWJC: The Beginning View Post
Not a totally bad idea.

the pros:
could make someone a star. I say could because all the vignettes, all the hype, all the stories in the world don't make you interesting if you suck.

It's something new. Might generate interest

the cons:
no one knows who most of these people are and won't give a shit. the key difference between the NFL draft and what you are proposing is that people know who the players in the draft are. College football is probably more popular than the NFL except in places like Dallas or Boston where the Cowboys and Patriots are huge. However, in the south, in california, in missouri, in michigan, in ohio (cept those crazy Chiefs fans), college football is king.

In other words, you'd have to do a hell of a job at making people care about these kids.

The WWE drafting unknown guys and trying to hype them up is more similar to the MLB draft. Most people don't know who they are and it will still take them a few years to truly develop. Every once in a while you have a stephen strasburg or bryce harper come along, but usually you don't. I do, but I'm a baseball nerd.

Basically I think that in some situations this could work, but it won't. People don't know who these guys are and no amount of hype will change it.
I definitely see what you're saying. One of the things that would have to happen, as I said in the original post, is that WWE Network would have to take off and FCW would have to have it's own television show.

That way there would be at least some exposure on these guys, and the promos and vignettes would be more for the casuals who only watch RAW and SmackDown.

Fave 5
1. CM Punk
2. Boobs
3. Golden Girls Re-Runs
4. CM Punk
5. Sun Chips
sendpm.gif