WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-13-2012, 09:39 PM
Straight Edge World Champion

C.Msupporter is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Seth Rollins Discussion

If you've been Lucky enough to see Seth Rollins Live, or watched any of his FCW matches, then you've likely been amazed by how much talnt he has. He is one of the top Indy Performers in the world, and he's only 25.

There's somebody else I remember, who was bragging about acomplishing this much at this age, Randy Orton. Obviously Orton was in a much higher positon in WWE at 25 than Rollins is, but factor in that Orton Never competed on the indy scene, and that he has his father's and grandfather's Legacies that helped get his foot in the door.

In my Opinion, in terms of Ring Ability and Natural Talent, Rollins wins hands down.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-13-2012, 10:53 PM

David is looking to come up from OCW...

While I do agree that Seth Rollins is awesome and a joy to watch in the ring, and the fact that the last name Orton got Randy in the door quicker. I have to respectfully disagree with the natural talent and ring ability. Never in my life have I seen anyone with more natural talent then Randy Orton. While he doesn't show it now because he's become a 1 dimensional character, he has much more raw natural talent then Seth Rollins does at a younger age, and thats without the indy scene.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-13-2012, 11:04 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to midgensa

I love Rollins ... and think he has the talent and all ... but I don't know if he is a Randy Orton type.

With Vince clearly showing more love to the Indy folks (Danielson and Punk rising through the ranks) then Rollins could make a solid run ... but Orton status is not easy to attain.

Rollins is considerably smaller than Orton (30 pounds and 3 inches or so) and he has never impressed me on the stick like Orton has (though Orton is getting a little stale ... but still better than he often gets credit for).

I like Rollins alot and think he might be a legit Main Eventer at some point. But I don't know if he will be a legit show carrier.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-13-2012, 11:24 PM
Brad Maddox
Knockout Champion

Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...Sanka scored a win over Santino Marella...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaha... okay, this could go on for a while.

At the age of 25, Randy Orton had just come out of the era-defining group that was Evolution. He also had a world title under his belt, which was, y'know, impressive. Rollins, on the other hand, is still in FCW putting on only okay matches. There's a reason for this difference: Orton was better than Rollins is now.

Now, you could say that nepotism and politics got Orton into his rather impressive position, but you'd be wrong. Sure, the name helped (even if it is only Cowboy Bob Orton). But it means nothing if the talent isn't there (see Sim Snuka). Look, if you're unaware of the story of Evolution, it goes a bit like this. Triple H and Ric Flair were told to find a couple of new stars for a Four Horsemen-like group. After reviewing the entire roster, they settled on Orton and Batista. Two all-time greats fucking said "these guys are good enough to hang with us and then go on to do great things". If that isn't proof that young Orton had talent, I don't know what is.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:54 AM
The Ingrate One
WWF Hardcore Champion

H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...H33LTurn is looking to come up from OCW...

Yeah lets just start making threads about who we think is better than Randy Orton. Come on, seriously, Randy Orton gets the most retarded IWC heat of all. Orton didnt need to work in the indys to come into the WWE. Contrary to popular belief on this site, anyone who has his signts set on the WWE is looking to minimize his time in the indy scene. Who cares who Orton's daddy was, where he trained, and what some guy who hasnt even had a WWE TV (RAW & SD) match has accomplished. Thats like saying Jeff Jarrett is a better owner than Vince McMahon because Vince bought the company from his dad after it was already destined for success while Jeff had to build up TNA to stand on its own legs by himself.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:22 AM
Knockout Champion

JJ15776 is looking to come up from OCW...JJ15776 is looking to come up from OCW...JJ15776 is looking to come up from OCW...JJ15776 is looking to come up from OCW...JJ15776 is looking to come up from OCW...JJ15776 is looking to come up from OCW...JJ15776 is looking to come up from OCW...

You could fill up this entire message board with threads about people who were or are better than Orton. It's not a small group of people. Of course Seth Rollins is better than him.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-14-2012, 01:30 AM
I'm laughing at you right now.
WWF Hardcore Champion

Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Thread recap. The OP likes Seth Rollins better than Randy Orton. That's very interesting. Thank you for sharing.

This is going to really piss off the indy fans, but I don't see much of a future for Rollins in the WWE. There's nothing about his look or promos that screams WWE superstar. Unless of course we're talking about the show WWE Superstars. I'm sure he'll be spending a great deal of time there once called up. (Is that even a show anymore?) Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy indy wrestling. I liked Tyler Black in ROH, but I'm not really interested at all in seeing him in the WWE. As for being where Orton was, no. By 25 I think Orton was already a more complete package than Rollins is now or may ever be.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:33 AM

jason420 is looking to come up from OCW...

I've seen every match Tyler Black ever wrestled in ROH, including many live performances, and every major match Orton has wrestled for WWE. On the mic, Tylers got a long way to go to catch up to Orton (though Ortons got lightyears to go before being Rock-good on the mic). But in terms of in-ring ability, Black could wrestle circles around Orton.

Really the only guys who could the same pace in-ring with Tyler on the current WWE roster are all pretty much former ROH guys with the exception of maybe Kofi or Ziggler (its hard to tell wether or not these two could hang with Tyler because WWE neuters their talent before we get to see what they're actually capable of).

The only instance I can remember of Orton showing his mettle was against Cactus Jack. He got put through the wringer in that one and gained a lot of respect from me. Since then tho its just been punch-kick-bodyslam-finisher snore-fest.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-14-2012, 01:38 AM

jason420 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headman View Post
Thread recap. The OP likes Seth Rollins better than Randy Orton. That's very interesting. Thank you for sharing.

This is going to really piss off the indy fans, but I don't see much of a future for Rollins in the WWE. There's nothing about his look or promos that screams WWE superstar. Unless of course we're talking about the show WWE Superstars. I'm sure he'll be spending a great deal of time there once called up. (Is that even a show anymore?) Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy indy wrestling. I liked Tyler Black in ROH, but I'm not really interested at all in seeing him in the WWE. As for being where Orton was, no. By 25 I think Orton was already a more complete package than Rollins is now or may ever be.

Really? That's interesting cuz I always thought Claudio, with his "very-european" gimmick, chris hero, and Tyler would fit really well into the WWE.

I see him being the new, updated version of Edge. He's got the look and the ring talent. If he works on his promos I totally think he could make a good go at WWE.

On a sidenote, the ROH guys you will never see in WWE are Roderick Strong and Davey Richards. No chance.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-14-2012, 02:31 AM

dansaint is looking to come up from OCW...dansaint is looking to come up from OCW...

while i don't think Rollins will ever be in the spot Orton is...I think Rollins could be a nice mid card/semi main event guy. Secondary title (IC Belt) and if he improves his mic ability...he has a shot to move up.

He does have one plus on his side...apparently HHH is a big fan of his and sees him as a legit babyface star.
sendpm.gif