Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > Trash
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 07:29 PM
The Cerebral Assassin
WWE Diva's Champion

PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default Should WWE Bring Back King Of The Ring?

King of the Ring's been a part of the WWE since 1985 and has helped pushed numerous guys, from Bret Hart to Brock Lesnar. During its more popular years, it was held as a PPV, but recently its been held on WWE Television every couple of years. After a 4 year hiatus after 2002, it returned on a part-time basis in 2006. The last KOTR was held in 2010, with Sheamus winning. But besides turning Booker T into King Booker in 2006, the KOTR has had little importance and little impact on the WWE. I think it's time to revive the tournament. Now, I don't think it should be held as a PPV again. But I think it certainly can be held on Raw and/or Smackdown on a yearly basis, with the winner receiving a nice push, and maybe even a title shot (a stipulation could be added, a la Royal Rumble). I think the WWE should bring it back, make KOTR mean something again, and utilize it to help push/get a guy over on a yearly basis. It's only used on part-time basis now, but I think the WWE should make it a big deal again. Make it a big thing again, with the winner getting a big rub. I'd like to see it. It certainly has a solid history, it's just been under-utilized for the last decade. I think the WWE can resurrect it on WWE Television (again, not a PPV) and make the tournament compelling again. They could do it in plenty of ways. For example, it could be held during the road to Wrestlemania with the Final match at Wrestlemania, or it could be held during the summer to make WWE TV more compelling during a time when it seems lag (maybe even give the winner a title shot at SummerSlam?). Just some ideas.

Do you think bringing KOTR back would be a good idea? If so, how would you do it? If not, why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpunky View Post
Mine was a train wreck. I plowed through her, And there was blood everywhere.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-13-2012, 07:55 PM

jasony2j is a member of the JOB SQUAD

Really? This topic has to be rehashed again?!?!? We all know what KOTR used to mean creatively for the WWE. Obviously doesn't have the same creative force for these boards as this is like the ninth time in a year this topic has been brought up. Why do I even bother, between lame topics and hack writers this site sucks
sendpm.gif
Old 03-13-2012, 08:06 PM
A Life In Monochrome
WWF Hardcore Champion

Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...Loveless scored a win over Santino Marella...

Well yeah obviously, it really should be such an easy PPV to book. 7 KotR matches (usally 1 ends up voided) and 2 WWE main even titles. Fill it up with midcarders that people want to see, give the win to someone who can be a credible main eventer for Summerslam. In my view this is a far better way of giving a midcarder credibility than MITB.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:08 PM
My nipples hurt.
Mr. Money in the Bank

D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...D-Man is a United States Champion...
Send a message via AIM to D-Man Send a message via MSN to D-Man

Not only has this topic been done to death but it was posted in the wrong section.

CLOSED.

Click for Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696
Let's IP ban you and find out. Who the fuck are you kidding? Do you really think you understand the situation better than I do? Fuck off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty NorCal
I will say it though, this would be pretty fucking cool if it didnt suck ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC25 View Post
Wait...a SMILEY with a LIGHTSABER!? God, no! Anything but that!
Are you going to hurl your virginity at me next???
sendpm.gif
Closed Thread