WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Only happy when it Reigns.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crock Flair View Post
The titles haven't been a legitimate stepping stone in a while, I mean, just look at the reign Jack Swagger had with the United States Championship. Chris Jericho could re-energize one of those titles, which is one of the most beneficial things he could do.
Oh, I'm not so sure about that really; Cody has done some great things for the IC title, and having the title has equally done good things for him and his career progression.
The U.S. title on the other hand, yes, total waste. I mean, Bret Hart, for a week. Why?! Nowadays I see the United States title as being more on a par with the old European championship, rather than an equivalent to the Intercontinental title; a lower mid card belt with less prestige.

I digress.

Indeed, Jericho should take that path, but I don't think he needs to lose a championship to someone to put them over in all honesty, just a good solid feud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBL View Post
...realizes it's WWE, jumps back
sendpm.gif
Old 03-13-2012, 08:48 AM
Knockout Champion

MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I can see Jericho for the most part taking Summer's off to tour and persue other interests, while working WWE during the high points on the calender.

Summer festivals are a big deal for a band like Fozzy, and traditionally there isn't as much going on in the WWE during those times (although he likely will be back in time to build something for Summerslam).

He's earned the right to have a schedule like that though, and you can guarantee that if McMahon wouldn't let him do it, then he wouldn't have even come back to the WWE in the first place. He's made his money (and apparently he's been pretty good with it), and he's busy enough that he doesn't need wrestling anymore. He's just back because he loves it.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-13-2012, 09:31 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Honkey_Kong is looking to come up from OCW...Honkey_Kong is looking to come up from OCW...Honkey_Kong is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diet Soda View Post
Oh, I'm not so sure about that really; Cody has done some great things for the IC title, and having the title has equally done good things for him and his career progression.
The U.S. title on the other hand, yes, total waste. I mean, Bret Hart, for a week. Why?! Nowadays I see the United States title as being more on a par with the old European championship, rather than an equivalent to the Intercontinental title; a lower mid card belt with less prestige.

I digress.

Indeed, Jericho should take that path, but I don't think he needs to lose a championship to someone to put them over in all honesty, just a good solid feud.

What has Cody done exactly for the IC title? I'm trying to think of one great match he's had defending that title. In fact, I can't even remember any title defenses he's had with it (not that he hasn't had any, but none are even worth remembering).

Jericho feuding for the IC belt would finally make it matter (at least temporarily).
sendpm.gif
Old 03-13-2012, 04:50 PM

CMPunkBestIntheWorld is looking to come up from OCW...

Im hopeing Jericho loses at Wrestlemania he not in the business full time like he used to be. Hes got other interests outside of wrestling now like his band. It makes more sense for CM Punk to win at Wrestlemania and continue his title reign and go onto a new feud
sendpm.gif
Old 03-14-2012, 06:07 PM
Only happy when it Reigns.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...Diet Soda scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
What has Cody done exactly for the IC title? I'm trying to think of one great match he's had defending that title. In fact, I can't even remember any title defenses he's had with it (not that he hasn't had any, but none are even worth remembering).
He's done exactly what Wade, Big Zeke, Kofi, and Drew failed to do - get people talking about the Intercontinental Championship again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WBL View Post
...realizes it's WWE, jumps back
sendpm.gif