WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-13-2012, 08:43 AM
Jewish American Princess
NWA Champion

Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...Mustang Sally is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkin353 View Post
... I think the "You Suck" chants are in no way shape or form disrespectful to the mans career...
Definitely true. As hard as it is for many performers to get any reaction at all from the crowd, I'll bet any one of them would love if someone would initiate a negative chant against them, particularly if they're playing a heel. As stated earlier, John Cena even embraces the "you suck" chant even though he's portraying a face. It's a tribute, not a knock.

From way back in my memory, I recall a wrestler named Don Muraco who was driven crazy (kayfabe) by the audience chanting "beach bum!" at him. In reality, he was probably thrilled to get this kind of attention, knowing it was something all for him, no one else. Also, I doubt the chant was invented by the audience; WWE probably planted some people in the crowd to start it going, with the crowd picking up on it.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that Kurt Angle's chant wasn't spontaneously generated by the audience, either. More likely, a guy from Creative walked up to him one day and said:

"Hey, Kurt, how would you feel about it if we got the crowd to..........?"
sendpm.gif
Old 03-17-2012, 01:25 AM
Knockout Champion

One to Remember is looking to come up from OCW...One to Remember is looking to come up from OCW...

i dont know whathe "kurt angle effect" is and im sure the op doesnt even know what his deffinition is of it. theres no other examples to really site. is it supposed to be when someones career or persona is harmed when an enemy wrestler launches an attack that the audience cant let go of? If so not even Kurt Angle is a victim of this because when he was heel the chants were appropriate and showed he got reactions. When he was face the chants got so low that those still chanting it empowered those behind Angle. In essence, those chanting "you suck" past a heel reign simply became passe fools. Angle took a Rock rout as opposed to a Rocky Maivia rout. He fed into it and reveled in the revulsion. Angle shrugging the chants off was akin to that one nitro were someone throw a drink or something at scott hall while Bishcoff was giving a statement and hall used the drink to slick back his jet black hair in a moment James Dean in a leather jacket couldn't duplicate. As far as Cena chants go those show discontent but if Cena were to directly address that he could easily get his supporters to drain the haters out and even if the Rock got them chanting Cena would still have 65 percent of the people their backing him..

As for Miz he only works as a heel, i wouldnt see him as a credible wrestler if he wasn't heel. The more chants he gets the better, and i would like one heel to just stay heel through out his career like Steamboat stayed face for two freakin decades during his whole career. No one has been ruined by a chant really. He would have more steam in TNA if Angle used his old music.

P.S. While we are on the topic I'd like to see the Patriot battle Angle in a best of seven series over the rights to the music anyways..
sendpm.gif
Old 03-17-2012, 06:00 AM
King of the Ring

TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I hate Cena View Post
Well, there are fans every show who chant "Ce-na Suuuuuuucks" to the 3 note loop that occurs throughout his theme song. Unfortunately, it's rarely audible on TV. If Rock told the crowd to chant this, Cena would be toast. I wonder if Rock suggested this, but WWE told him not to tell the fans to do it.

Other than cena, I don't see anyone else getting this treatment. Miz maybe.

Kurt did the right thing by leaving Vince, however. He maintained his pride. good on him.
So Angle leaving Vince to further fuck his neck up for a shitty company is a good thing? Lots of pride there, he went from people giving a fuck to no one giving a fuck about him. But hey at least he still has his wife.....at least he didn't get in trouble with the law......at least he still has his health.....at least he's not a charicature of himself who doesn't sell anything long term and does the same fucking finishing stretch he was doing 10 years ago and now no one bites on his falsies......yea dude, I don't understand your last statement at all.

Cena wouldn't be "toast", he already gets 100% of the audience to make noise, you don't understand pro wrestling.

lol "I wonder if Rock suggested this, but WWE told him not to tell the fans to do it." You are a MEGA SMARK. You honest to god think that WWE is this evil machine trying to pull a fast one on everyone and despirately wants Cena to get cheered. However, there is absolutely not logic to that at all. In fact, considering we've seen RVD vs Cena, Punk vs Cena, "cena sucks" shirts, and just about everything else that clearly shows that the WWE understands that Cena is essentially a heel and a face at the same time.

I'm not sure what "Kurt Angle" affect is honestly. Is it booing/chanting when you're supposed to? Then sure, Miz works.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:15 AM
Got jumped at the airport as your
WWF Hardcore Champion

PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...PeeGee scored a win over Santino Marella...

I skipped the OP so I'm prepared to sound extremely stupid or delghtfully insightful. Kurt Angle the character, ye can be done. Many amateur wrestlers trying to cut a break can be given that submission, suplex-machine gimmick. Kurt Angle is an all round performer. His skills, mic skills, charisma are unique. Someone REALLY good can only reach there.

The 'You Suck' deal, Uh ye something smarmy and pipey can be done. Its not impossible. But remember how well Lance Storm's 'Boring' gimmick went? Ye a pillow.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:01 AM
Knockout Champion

One to Remember is looking to come up from OCW...One to Remember is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWJC: The Beginning View Post

Cena wouldn't be "toast", he already gets 100% of the audience to make noise, you don't understand pro wrestling.

lol "I wonder if Rock suggested this, but WWE told him not to tell the fans to do it." You are a MEGA SMARK. You honest to god think that WWE is this evil machine trying to pull a fast one on everyone and despirately wants Cena to get cheered. However, there is absolutely not logic to that at all. In fact, considering we've seen RVD vs Cena, Punk vs Cena, "cena sucks" shirts, and just about everything else that clearly shows that the WWE understands that Cena is essentially a heel and a face at the same time.

I'm not sure what "Kurt Angle" affect is honestly. Is it booing/chanting when you're supposed to? Then sure, Miz works.
cena is not a heel and a face at the same time.. a heel is defined by perception as well as mentality. cena doesnt have heel attributes at all. even the girl friend stilling was put on the girl and not him. a backlash from 30 percent of the crowd does not make him heel by any means..
sendpm.gif
Old 03-26-2012, 12:22 PM

markostojic is looking to come up from OCW...

I see what you mean, Miz probably is the most likely current WWE talent to have this REACTION, but IMO, i don't think anyone actually will get the treatment from backstage. Nobody is as over with the crowd nowadays as they used to be and it would really take a CM Punk-sized promo to really catapult that heel into the position. I mean, sure, people hate him and have the "awful" chant, but, especially recently, he hasn't really been doing anything lately to garner that type of response
sendpm.gif