WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-07-2012, 08:56 AM
A side effect that's treatable
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Cats Pajamas is looking to come up from OCW...Cats Pajamas is looking to come up from OCW...

Do I want to see a Hardcore Championship in WWE? No. I don’t like Hardcore wrestling; I tried watching about 8 minutes of old ECW clips again on YouTube and I couldn’t get through it, even with the beer drinking. I won’t say that Hardcore wrestling doesn’t present itself as its own novelty act; this viewer has grown apart from it is all. The titles didn’t mean diddly to me, either, partly because of the 24/7 rule, partly because it didn’t showcase wrestling as much as it showcased thuggery. All that fit perfectly well into a different time period, but by the time Heyman put weapons in an Elimination Chamber I was well over it.

That’s just my opinion though. If you opened a window a draft would probably take it because it carries no weight. On the other hand, as an avid pro wrasslin’ fan, I love X-Division matches and a lot of wrestling south of the Rio Grande because of its high-flying antics and moves that you can only see from pro wrestling. So…

Would I like to see a Cruiserweight Championship? Damn straight! I know how well the U.S. takes to Cruiserweight wrestling, but I don’t care about what everyone else thinks! I don’t think of it as “smaller guys can’t come into the big guys playground”; I think of it as “big guys have no business in Cruiserweight territory”. You’re too big, Sheamus, go after your own damn title. Mysterio and D-Bry could battle it out for the best in their class! If they still want to intermingle, even for Championships, I could suffice to see that in Tag Team wrestling.

Make my WWE a potluck of amazing wrestling styles from around the globe! Then tell me who the best of each class is! There’s plenty of more compact wrestlers who could make the Cruiserweight title interesting to me… People cheer for whoever they want despite who has the titles anyway. Work hard, drink Pepsi, say “no” to drugs and until next time, best regards wrestling fans.

Last edited by Cats Pajamas : 03-07-2012 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Removed a comma because that bastard bugged me.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:58 AM
HaRDcOrE ChAMpiOn
Knockout Champion

DeathClutch is looking to come up from OCW...DeathClutch is looking to come up from OCW...

Hardcore all the way, it's been proven you don't need blood for hardcore matches; which also opens the door for anyone on the roster to take part in, Cruiser keeps the belt restricted to x amount of guys, where-as the Hardcore title could involve anyone and everyone, just cease the 24/7 rule and only use the 10-15 minute open rule where anyone can win the belt in x match within a certain time period whoever is the winner at the end is the hardcore champion.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-07-2012, 11:12 AM

RyanAn is looking to come up from OCW...

I would LOVE to see the Cruiserweight division brought back. The fluidity of the matches is was kept me entertained back in WCW and when it came to WWE, it's importance fell by the wayside. Focusing on smaller/more average sized guys is a great step!
sendpm.gif
Old 03-07-2012, 11:17 AM

c-dawg75 is looking to come up from OCW...

I could see the argument of neither title needed or being brought back but to answer op's question i say cruiserweight and I legit believe it should be brought back. It brings a little more depth to the division and to ppv cards. I for one would love to see a Yoshi Tatsu vs. Tyson Kidd on a ppv card. A Sin Cara vs. Rey Mesterio would be nice to see. In most cases a bout like this is far more entertaining than The Miz, Daniel Bryan or any other Main Event champion. Also in cruiserweight bouts the match ups tend to be more, "I dont know who will win this one!" Where as every single match listed for this years Wrestlemania, I can easily (as should you all) be able to pick who will win.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Global Conquest is looking to come up from OCW...Global Conquest is looking to come up from OCW...

To answer the OP I would prefer the Cruiserweight Titlefor no other reason than the Hardcore title as no place in today's WWE. That being said, I agree with the majority here in that neither should come back. As TWJC pointed out, Rhodes' IC title reign has been very good for no other reason than he cares about the belt. I have been saying this for over a year. The US and IC Title scene would be much better if the people involved in them were actually striving to win the belts, not just use them as a springboard to ME status.

Thanks go to Theo for the incredible sig
sendpm.gif
Old 03-07-2012, 01:55 PM

Merkin353 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think the titles should be

WWE Championship Title

WWE Divas Championship Title

Intercontinental Title

And Cruiserweight...

It gives everyone a belt to fight for.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-07-2012, 03:18 PM
WZCW's Brent Blaze
Knockout Champion

IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...IHW worked a dark match on ECW recently...

The Cruiserweights may get their own show, so that title might be brought back.
As for the Hardcore, probibly not. That has a nice history, and in today's society, there is no chance to live up to the previous history.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-07-2012, 04:00 PM
WZCW's Theron Daggershield
Undisputed WWE Champion

Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

I'd rather see the Cruiserweight Championship come back instead of the Hardcore Championship. Granted, a lot of the smaller guys in recent years have been going for either their brand's midcard title or the tag team titles instead, but back when they had the Cruiserweight Championship it gave them something to fight for that was geared more toward them. The midcard titles are better for guys who may be moving up the card to see how they will be like as champion, so they can be elevated. Even though I am ok with it not returning (it probably never will) it could be useful if it did return. The Hardcore title on the other hand....

The Hardcore Championship has absolutely no reason to come back whatsoever. First of all, it became a total joke once the 24/7 rule was put in place. You could see that title change hands multiple times on the same show. Where's the prestige in that? Secondly, hardcore matches are so rare today in WWE. Without blood and weapons why have them? I mean maybe at shows like Hell In a Cell or TLC this belt could have been a point to focus on, but that's less than 1/4 of WWE's PPV lineup. That title would be worthless in today's product. The Cruiserweight Championship is no longer needed anymore either, really. I'd rather see it come back between the two though, as it could still serve a purpose today whereas the Hardcore title is useless in the PG era.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"
sendpm.gif
Old 03-07-2012, 07:05 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

DirtyD79 is looking to come up from OCW...DirtyD79 is looking to come up from OCW...DirtyD79 is looking to come up from OCW...DirtyD79 is looking to come up from OCW...DirtyD79 is looking to come up from OCW...

They'd probably get more use out of the Cruiserweight belt. The hardcore belt was a joke title used for comedy segments. The Cruiserweight title would allow for smaller wrestlers to have a title of their own and hopefully not have to serve as cannon-fodder to the hosses.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:48 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to midgensa

I would not HATE to see the Cruiserweight title, but I think it holds back some smaller guys that could compete against the big boys.

There is absolutely no reason to bring the Hardcore Championship back. That was brought in to counter ECW's popularity and show that the WWE could be brutal. But with no real competition and a PG rating it would not work at all. As Jack Hammer said ... the title became a joke with the 24/7 rule.

I personally would prefer them bring back something like the European Title. A title clearly not on par with the IC or US titles, but something worth having low card guys try to get a push around.

Just my thoughts though. If they don't add any titles I am more than ok with that as well. Personally ... they need to fix those ugly-ass tag titles before they worry about any other straps in the company.
sendpm.gif