WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-06-2012, 10:03 PM
The Cerebral Assassin
WWE Diva's Champion

PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...PlayTheGame worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayTheGameHHH View Post
Yeah, pretty much. Dude's getting fucked real hard because of Survivor Series and nearly killing R-Truth. Shame, really, I thought shit was going his way but I guess not. I don't see him recovering from this anytime soon and at least he's where he belongs, jobbing to better wrestlers in very forgettable matches.
First off, you stole my name. That makes me angry. Secondly, to you and anyone else saying Miz is a jobber now- no, definitely not at all. The definition of a jobber is someone used in squash matches over and over in order to elevate other talent. Although Miz certainly jobbed to Show the other night, that does not automatically render him a jobber, nor will he become one. I don't think the WWE has ever nor will ever make a former WWE Champion a jobber, and certainly not the Miz, a potential future star of the company. The Miz is still young, so it doesn't hurt his cred to lose to Show. He's still getting better in the fans' eyes. He hasn't hit his peak yet, so it makes sense for him to hit a few road bumps after losing his first title. In fact, it may even be a part of his character- it almost seems as if his "cocky, brash" heel persona may be transforming into an "overlooked, bitter" heel persona, which would be fresh to see from him. As for him being blamed for S.S. and the R-Truth thing- the dirt sheets and the IWC are severely overblowing this. I'm not saying it might not have something to do with it, but what about the CRAZY chance that they just don't have a story for him right now? Perfectly reasonable possibility. As for your comment about "this is where he belongs"... if you dislike the Miz, that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion, but to say claim that this is where he belongs- that's a bold statement. He just headlined last year's 'Mania. To think he'll stay in the position he's currently in for long is just plain dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpunky View Post
Mine was a train wreck. I plowed through her, And there was blood everywhere.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-06-2012, 11:10 PM

californiachef84 is a member of the JOB SQUAD

I sure hope that is his future. Headlined last year's WM (what a joke), and less than a year later is getting destroyed by Big Show. Fitting end to a worthless career... I hope.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-06-2012, 11:21 PM
Saving WZ one post at a time.
WWE Diva's Champion

Rampage Bentley is looking to come up from OCW...Rampage Bentley is looking to come up from OCW...Rampage Bentley is looking to come up from OCW...Rampage Bentley is looking to come up from OCW...Rampage Bentley is looking to come up from OCW...Rampage Bentley is looking to come up from OCW...Rampage Bentley is looking to come up from OCW...

I actually don't know...

It's too soon to tell, it really could go either way. There have been guys like Jericho and Punk who have been dropped down the card and worked their way back up... the difference is Jericho and Punk know how to protect themselves and make constant losses not look so bad... Miz, as of now, does not have that ability.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Miz went the way of Drew McIntyre... Vince's favorite at one point, hammered all the way down to Superstars.

I'm personally not at all a fan of The Miz. If he did job out completely, it wouldn't bother me in the least.

Fave 5
1. CM Punk
2. Boobs
3. Golden Girls Re-Runs
4. CM Punk
5. Sun Chips
sendpm.gif
Old 03-07-2012, 03:16 AM

Madeye36 is looking to come up from OCW...

I still don't get them blaming him for the bad ss buyrate or the r-truth botch. My feelings are, Truth botched that spot. Why wouldn't you do that move towards the Miz? Was he supposed to run over & catch Truth? That would look good. Summerslam was just a bad show
sendpm.gif
Old 03-07-2012, 04:37 AM
King of the Ring

TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...

No he's not a jobber. He can talk. His character is still getting airtime, you still see his entrance. If anything, it's to evolve his character, force it to adapt. It'll be fun, just wait and see what he does.

Miz is very talented. Despite what people on here say. He gets a reaction both on the mic and in the ring and stays in character 100% of the time.

*Guy no one predicted to win, wins*
-IWC fans "OMG THIS IS SO STUPID, WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS?"
sendpm.gif
Old 03-07-2012, 07:42 AM
WCW TV Champion

LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...LoudClearVoice worked a dark match on ECW recently...

He's bordering on becoming what I refer to as a "Main Event jobber." This is a guy who is frequently in main events (often times multiple man matches) but never wins them. Since he's a former champion, he lends at least SOME credibility as a contender in a main event match, although usually he's not involved in the storyline surrounding the match.

I hate to say this, because I do like Chris Jericho but I think his presence on RAW has really hurt the Miz. Miz would be a perfect guy to feud with Punk. Sure, Punk is a thousand times better in the ring but Miz is good enough on the mic to build up the feud and he could learn a lot from Punk.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-07-2012, 08:02 AM
The Queen of Swing
TNA Champion

Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...Mustang Sally is being held back by Triple H...

It could be the doghouse for Miz, but I think there is a category of performer in WWE that came into existence fairly recently; the guy who is near the top of the card but currently doesn't have a program. When he's in this version of the twilight zone, he jobs to some of the big names.....then, when Creative comes up with something for him, he starts his push back to the top.

I see this happening with Miz and R-Truth, yes. But I think Daniel Bryan was in that mode not that long ago; remember him losing to Sin Cara and just about everyone else for a while? I believe his course to the title was being mapped out then and he was told he would be losing until they deemed it time to send him to the top. It worked, didn't it?

The thing is, this is a category for guys who have reached the top without really being major stars. You won't see John Cena or Randy Orton playing this subordinate part, only guys whom many questioned what they were doing fighting for titles in the first place (and sometimes winning).

Certainly, this applies to R-Truth. He used his psycho personality to get to the position where he fought for the championship, as weird as that seems now. Miz actually won the damn thing, but I never really saw him as championship material. Daniel Bryan suffered his "jobbing phase" on his way to the title. Add Dolph Ziggler to all this; he was hovering at the top before taking a step down to Jobberville.

There's a new kind of jobber in town, folks......the label doesn't apply anymore just to perennial losers; sometimes it's the guy who's just a heartbeat from the top.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:57 PM
The Choice of the Choiceless
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

boywithbluehanger is looking to come up from OCW...boywithbluehanger is looking to come up from OCW...boywithbluehanger is looking to come up from OCW...boywithbluehanger is looking to come up from OCW...boywithbluehanger is looking to come up from OCW...

Miz is this generations version of a temporary jobber. He's doing it on a consistent basis and there's no denying it. The proof's in the pudding at this point.

Last edited by boywithbluehanger : 03-07-2012 at 03:06 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-07-2012, 03:58 PM
ALL WILL SUFFER

Mark Henry's Beard is looking to come up from OCW...Mark Henry's Beard is looking to come up from OCW...

At least until WrestleMania has passed, yes, he is a jobber. He's stuck in limbo right now. Without a match for Mania and with enough crediblilty left to make a win against him mean a little bit. Unfortunately, this means that he'll likely be jobbing his ass off for the next month or so.

I legitimately feel bad for the Miz. He's fallen out of favor with the WWE...and for what? Because he got ZERO build heading into Survivor Series and the WWE made him the scapegoat whenever the PPV underperformed? Aside from John Cena, there probably isn't another guy on the roster that has busted his ass as much as the Miz in the past couple years. The blame should fall on the creative team for failing to evolve his character. When the Miz's music hit, I used to get a rush. There was anticipation. What's he going to say? Whenever he become a monotone that repeated the exact same shit every single week was whenever his popularity started to wane. I really believe that if the Miz had turned face a year or so ago, he would have been absolutely HUGE. However, that ship has sailed and it's going to take a lot of work just to make the Miz important again, period.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Forward Thinking Nostalgist
WCW TV Champion

The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...The Eighties scored a win over Santino Marella...

The Miz is losing match after match and they are entering squash territory but it doesn't really alter a lot, his heat never really came from results as he's not that type of heel, I mean he's still getting mic time and they are working in his apparent doghouse situation to his promos about how he's being overlooked.

Personally I don't see him back on the top anytime soon or maybe ever, but he'll turn this around enough to be a key mid-card champ or part of a championship tag team during the course of this year.
sendpm.gif