WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-29-2012, 01:42 AM

TheMainEvent is looking to come up from OCW...

Aries has always impressed me going back as far as his Austin Starr gimmick in TNA years ago. He is full of charisma and can wrestle better than almost anyone on the current roster. If Impact officials were smart they would add him into the mix of the mainevent and push him as jealous that he is not getting the attention he deserves. It would help legitamize him and bring the X-Division back to the top of the card. All they have to do is have him interupt a Sting promo when he is calling out Roode and have Aries claim that he is not going to get overlooked and that he is the future of TNA, etc....

Regardless, Aries should remain X-Champ and heel for a long time in TNA until he moves into the World Title picture down the road. As stated earlier he would be a great fit in WWE, especially if they bring up Rollins, Hero, Claudio, and Moxley down the road. An Aries/Punk feud could be golden in the ring and on the mic..
sendpm.gif
Old 02-29-2012, 02:45 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to midgensa

I definitely am a WWE over TNA guy ... but I still watch and enjoy TNA ... especially the current product.

One of the big reasons is Austin Aries. This guy is pure gold. I watched ROH pretty religiously for years for one reason and one reason only ... Austin Aries. I liked some of the other guys, but nobody gives more in the ring and plays his roles better than Double A.

It took him a long time to get where he is and he deserves every penny he makes and every adoration he gets. He could easily be a top guy in TNA and could even be a star with the big boys over on the E.

If you are not watching Austin Aries week in and week out, then you simply are missing one of the top guys in the business.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-01-2012, 04:02 AM
Bada Boom! Realest Guy in the Room.
Mr. Money in the Bank

Theo Mays is getting phone calls from TNA...Theo Mays is getting phone calls from TNA...Theo Mays is getting phone calls from TNA...Theo Mays is getting phone calls from TNA...Theo Mays is getting phone calls from TNA...Theo Mays is getting phone calls from TNA...Theo Mays is getting phone calls from TNA...Theo Mays is getting phone calls from TNA...Theo Mays is getting phone calls from TNA...Theo Mays is getting phone calls from TNA...Theo Mays is getting phone calls from TNA...
Send a message via AIM to Theo Mays Send a message via MSN to Theo Mays Send a message via Skype™ to Theo Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by obamartins View Post
Do you guys know Austin Aries tried out for WWE Tough Enough last year but failed to make the cut & rejected because he was 32 years old?
Weren't there also reports that USA selected the Tough Enough participants and WWE didn't really have much say in that. I'm pretty sure that was the case. But that's for another date in time.

Now onto the man of the thread...Austin Aries. I watch TNA mostly every week. Now I don't enjoy it more than the WWE, but I do enjoy Austin Aries probably more than most stars in the WWE. I find him to be vastly entertaining and vastly talented on the mic and in the ring. He is the main reason I try to not miss Impact as I want to see Aries. I think the guy could be a big star, whether it be in TNA or WWE. He is talented to make it anywhere he chooses. Right now he is putting life back in the X-Division and much like Cody Rhodes is doing with the IC title, there isn't really anyone good enough for him to drop the title. I think Aries will certainly work his way into the main event in TNA as summer rolls around and he will definitely be successful whenever it happens.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-01-2012, 10:21 PM

nwogiant33 is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via Yahoo to nwogiant33

And right on cue, A-Double is in the Main Event.

sendpm.gif
Old 03-05-2012, 03:03 PM
The Real World's Champion

Arsenal is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwogiant33 View Post
And right on cue, A-Double is in the Main Event.
He deserves it. He's vastly superior to 99% of the other professional wrestlers out there today. I'm watching Impact now in large part because of him, along with a few other key guys like Bobby Roode and Bully Ray.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-10-2012, 11:19 PM

THEKEVINBRAND is looking to come up from OCW...

Well speaking of Austin Aries, he's become the longest reigning TNA X Division Champion of all time beating Christopher Daniels' previous record. The record now stands at 182+ days

This post has been approved by Chris Jericho!
sendpm.gif
Old 03-21-2012, 12:22 AM

LegendKiller_RKO is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Wow, TNA Has A Promising Act!

Now don't misrepresent the title. I'm not hating on Tna I'm just generally disinterested personally. BUT lately I have tuned in and watching Austin Aries is music to my ears. Phenomenal ! He is unbelievably good cutting promos and in the ring! I fast forward through everything (other than bullly ray and roode) just to listen/watch Aries work. I hope he holds the X division title even longer. I know he's set a record for tna as far as title holding, but I would love to see him hold it for a very long time. He could very well be a BIG player in TNA very soon.

So my question is: If Tna holds on to this talent, where do you see him a few years from now?
sendpm.gif
Old 03-21-2012, 12:56 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

OneTooManyPunts is looking to come up from OCW...OneTooManyPunts is looking to come up from OCW...OneTooManyPunts is looking to come up from OCW...

Aries is definitely one of the high points in TNA right now, and I think TNA fans, and TNA management are wise to that fact. There seems to be a subtle push towards a possible Aries face push in the works, now that fans seem to be behind his in ring work, and given that they were presented with the opportunity to cheer him as a face in his feud and match with Zema Ion.

It's hard to say where Aries will be in a few years, if he is even still in TNA come that time. It wasn't long ago, after his run in ROH that Aries was considering retirement, but it seems his latest run in TNA has reinvigorated his love of pro wrestling.

My guess would be, in the immediate future at least, that he will hold on to the X Division title till at least Slammiversay, possibly even Bound For Glory. Given that the X Division is so thin right now, it gives TNA the chance to give the division some sense of credibility and interest by continuing to keep the belt on Aries, while hopefully recruiting and signed some new talent to opposed him. In the long term, if fans continue to get behind him, I think it is only a matter of time before he moves up in to the main event picture. Aries and TNA have already acknowledged on camera that he has yet to get much main event attention, even as a champion, and that is something they have that they can always play off should they choose to do so. Right now just isn't the time for him to make the jump though, as he is saddled with basically keeping the X Division alive, and as relevant as it can be with a roster of a handful of competitors. Also, with Roode, Storm, and Bully Ray really encompassing the main event scene, it would be dangerous to insert someone like Aries, as his eventual push up should be given a great deal of care and attention, rather than being lost in the shuffle.

I'm by no means a TNA hater, I thinkt he product has gotten continually better over the last year, but I can't wonder what Aries could do in WWE. He'd be a perfect fit and foil to the likes of CM Punk.

A Double is, in my opinion, the most talented and well rounded person in TNA today. I think it is safe to say that the future is bright for The Great Man That Ever Lived.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-21-2012, 01:00 AM

ProWrestlingFan84 is looking to come up from OCW...

From my understanding he isn't exactly a young gun and his physical size holds him back slightly. But I do have to agree, AA is just awesome at what he does and has brought something awesome to the X-Division. In a few years he might be competing with whomever is world champ but with wrestling who knows. Plus he's done such a great job with the X title, TNA is going to have to find someone special to take over if AA is pushed into the main event scene which is very possible since the indy scene is always changing.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:20 AM

B.Ware is looking to come up from OCW...

I've loved "A Double" for a few years now and I'm glad to see people talking about him in this light. He's always been a solid worker and I don't think I've ever seen him in a bad match. He reminds me of Jericho in many ways. He is able to high fly and his mat work is second to none, a brilliant heel but I could easily see him being loved as a face. I think this momentum he's building can only lead to a face turn and being elevated to Heavyweight title contender. Although I can't see him holding their main title for a long time, I can definitely see him at least challenging for it and making a very entertaining storyline in the process. I'd say he has at least another ten years of wrestling left in him and hopefully a big push within the next year will make him want to keep wrestling for that long. A truly entertaining guy.
sendpm.gif