WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-26-2012, 08:02 AM

Jahsuan2 is looking to come up from OCW...

i would love to see this match, Vince is not gonna pass up a chance to make money and steal fans, this match will happen but mark my words, you WILL HAVE TO PAY, maybe as early as summer slam, but Vince sees this as money thats why they have had matches that have never ended with an actual victor
sendpm.gif
Old 02-26-2012, 06:09 PM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

I think the most realistic chance for this to come about would be late this year and going into next year or starting next year at some point in time. Right now, there isn't really an actual feud between these two and these couple of fantastic champion vs. champion matches they've had are making me wonder if this is an example of WWE testing the waters a little bit to possibly gauge interest in a real program between these two at some point later down the line.

In both matches, both men looked like stars and were kept looking strong. Considering that they both have high profile matches at WM for their respective titles, it's exactly the way to go and they've both shown, I think, that they're very evenly matched in terms of physical capabilities, general size and are capable of beating the other. If the idea was to leave us wanting more and to see a real feud between these two at a later date, mission accomplished in my view.

There's talk that there'll be another match between these two on Raw as part of the escalating feud between Big Johnny and Teddy Long over the GM positions of Raw & SD!. If there is indeed another one, I think this should be the last one because you certainly don't want to get fans burned out on this program. I think it holds so much future potential. With nothing being resolved between Bryan & Punk in the first two, I can see them setting up a third match to see who is "the best" champion or whatnot that ultimately has a similar ending to the first two.

While I doubt that this next scenario is all that likely, it's one that I have thought a little bit about. It's not often that we have many champ vs. champ matches, so I'm wondering if this might be the beginning of possibly setting up a feud between the two champs that will lead to a title unification. Last I read, WWE was reviving the Bragging Rights ppv this year and there has to be some real reason for doing that. The situation between Teddy Long & Big Johnny is starting to look like something that could possibly be ultimately resolved at Bragging Rights and having two guys the caliber of Bryan & Punk going at each other at a Bragging Rights ppv in order to become a unified, and thusly the only, World Champion in WWE does have a certain appeal to it. I doubt it'll happen, but it's a fun possibility.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif
Old 02-28-2012, 10:11 AM
One-Winged Warblade of Mystra
Undisputed WWE Champion

Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

I can certainly see Punk and Bryan having a legit feud at some point this year. It obviously will not be until after Wrestlemania, but it is coming. They have shown us in multiple matches that they can put on a great show and I personally would want to see them in a championship feud. If they are this good on a free tv match, imagine how amazing they could be in a PPV match! People might complain that these champion VS champion matches are being given away for free, but I think instead they should sit back and enjoy the show. It's a preview of a potential feud this summer.

I honestly think that the best time to have this feud would depend on if the titles are going to be unified. I still hope that does not happen, but if it does then Punk and Bryan could face each other in an Iron Man Match at Night of Champions. Another route would be for one of them (probably Bryan) to get traded to Raw in the draft and have the two feud this summer. It could be as good as Orton & Christian in 2011. Regardless of how they get there, it will probably happen and it will lead to awesome show-stealing matches featuring two of the best in the world. Wrestlemania 29 would be too long of a wait, especially if they have too many free matches on Raw/Smackdown. I won't complain if they do go that route, as I will gladly watch as many of their matches together as they provide, but I think the feud should happen sooner. In a couple of months once the Wrestlemania angles are wrapped up would be a perfect time to consider starting the feud.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"
sendpm.gif
Old 02-28-2012, 10:30 AM
Pourquoi?
WWE Diva's Champion

xoxo French Kiss xoxo is looking to come up from OCW...xoxo French Kiss xoxo is looking to come up from OCW...xoxo French Kiss xoxo is looking to come up from OCW...xoxo French Kiss xoxo is looking to come up from OCW...xoxo French Kiss xoxo is looking to come up from OCW...

They haven't been that impressive in the three matches they've had so far, not sure how they could improve in a full out feud going forward.

Hopefully Bryan vs Punk results in Orton going back to Raw, and Punk is going back to Smackdown. Leave the "wrasslers" on Smackdown, and the entertainers on Raw.

2011 Winner of.......
"The Iron Donkey Award for Worst Poster of the Year"
"The Cheap Ho Award for Poster You'd Most Love to Pimp Slap"
sendpm.gif
Old 02-28-2012, 10:41 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

BigThunder is looking to come up from OCW...BigThunder is looking to come up from OCW...BigThunder is looking to come up from OCW...BigThunder is looking to come up from OCW...

I've loved the matches they've had, I do hope they build to a Punk/Bryan feud later this year. However the feud I most want to see is face-Christian/Bryan. That could be a classic.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-01-2012, 07:09 PM

Soulblazed is looking to come up from OCW...Soulblazed is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm really surprised no-one has mentioned this yet...Bryan Danielson has more submissions than the Lebell Lock...He has the Cattle Mutilation which would be perfect for a 60 minute Iron Man Match against fellow ROH friend CM Punk..

I mean honestly, in an Iron Man Match, Danielson and Punk can give WWE fans a true ROH-style match with Danielson putting Punk in the Cattle Mutilation as well as Punk using the Pepsi Plunge once again, along with slapping the Anaconda Vise on Danielson..

In closing, whoever hasn't seen Danielson or Punk's ROH matches, Youtube them.. Because that'll be a preview of what could happen in an Iron Man Match between the 2 of them if Vince ever lets that happen
sendpm.gif
Old 03-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Serial Racist
WCW TV Champion

The Rattlesnake scored a win over Santino Marella...The Rattlesnake scored a win over Santino Marella...The Rattlesnake scored a win over Santino Marella...The Rattlesnake scored a win over Santino Marella...The Rattlesnake scored a win over Santino Marella...The Rattlesnake scored a win over Santino Marella...The Rattlesnake scored a win over Santino Marella...The Rattlesnake scored a win over Santino Marella...The Rattlesnake scored a win over Santino Marella...The Rattlesnake scored a win over Santino Marella...The Rattlesnake scored a win over Santino Marella...

The way WWE has built up the interactions between Bryan and Punk, it is apparent that WWE want this to be a big feud in the future. They have had three very good matches so far and there hasn't been a clear winner in either of the three. Bryan being the douchy heel that he is, is bound to bring this up when they feud. It certainly does look as if WWE has booked these results keeping in mind that they would be booking Bryan and Punk in the future.

As far as when we might get to see this feud, at this point I would have to say that that depends on Daniel Bryan. There is no doubt that Punk has cemented himself as a superstar in the WWE but the jury is still out on Bryan. Sure, he might be walking into WrestleMania with the WWE title but he is still on trial, unlike Punk. He might be champion but people still think that Orton, Sheamus, Henry and even Cody Rhodes should have been in that position. For this feud to be an epic feud, Bryan needs to catch up with Punk, as simple as that. Or else, maybe Punk will feud with Bryan for a month or so, go over him and no one is going to talk about it after it has happened. Either way, I think we will get to see the feud this year or at the latest by early 2013.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-02-2012, 02:01 PM
WHAT??!!

smokeyjoe414 is looking to come up from OCW...

i think these 2 could have an intense rivalry, like angle and benoit bout 10 years ago, as they both have the talent and the mic skill, mayby a 2 out of 3 falls match at summerslam, 1st fall submission, 2nd fall extreme rules and a classic 3rd fall ladder match
sendpm.gif
Old 03-02-2012, 04:15 PM

jrichardson25 is looking to come up from OCW...

I would think we would see it later this year or early next as D-Bry still isn't the most stable WHC. His reign has been solid but they need to have a chance to put on a clinic that involves one of the titles being on the line in a best of series. They could easily give them a 2-3 ppv program with the payoff being at the next of the Big 4 ppv's in the cycle...

I would hope we could see this matchup taking place this year.... or Mania next year... although it is WWE and things can change yesterday without much hesitation.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:58 PM
#DemBoys

RawIsJericho is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulblazed View Post
I'm really surprised no-one has mentioned this yet...Bryan Danielson has more submissions than the Lebell Lock...He has the Cattle Mutilation which would be perfect for a 60 minute Iron Man Match against fellow ROH friend CM Punk..

I mean honestly, in an Iron Man Match, Danielson and Punk can give WWE fans a true ROH-style match with Danielson putting Punk in the Cattle Mutilation as well as Punk using the Pepsi Plunge once again, along with slapping the Anaconda Vise on Danielson..

In closing, whoever hasn't seen Danielson or Punk's ROH matches, Youtube them.. Because that'll be a preview of what could happen in an Iron Man Match between the 2 of them if Vince ever lets that happen
Aside from the impact on his knees (which of course wouldn't be THAT big of a deal for a once off) we aren't going to see Punk doing the Pepsi Plunge, or what Cole would no doubt call a "Pedigree from the top rope".
sendpm.gif