WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-28-2012, 04:04 AM

zephyrs is looking to come up from OCW...

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of WWE breaking kayfabe. It'd be like your favorite movie or sitcom breaking the fourth wall. It's hard to suspend disbelief and really get into something, when we're being reminded that it isn't real.

Save all of the back stage gossip for the websites and news letters, and give me engrossing storylines on TV instead.
sendpm.gif
Old 02-28-2012, 01:22 PM

KnowMyRole-ShutYourMouth is looking to come up from OCW...

I guess. IDK who would even pay 20 dollars for those garbage t-shirts when you most certainly could get them made for at most 1/4 of the price. It's like Paralyzer Z said: this is to draw money out of the minority that believe they are smarter to the business than they actually are. Again, as Z said, this is like the anti-Cena merchandise. This is to make money off of people like US, not the general population. I mean, who the fuck would wear a terrible all black shirt with a word like "heel" written on it unless they had any clue what the connotation was?
sendpm.gif
Old 03-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Survive... if I let you!

robinkom is looking to come up from OCW...

I think it's their attempt at trying to outsmart the internet smarks who they can sucker into some merchandise purchases. Work all the angles, so to speak, that's what a good promoter does. I'd never buy these shirts though. God, no! Not for $20, not for $5.

To be honest, when they make light of their terminology on-screen (like TNA is fond of doing), it interests me more. I've seen so many samey scripted storylines repeated time and again over the years that they cease to interest me. I'm quite the jaded wrestling fan.

No lie, the only thing that tends to keep me tuning in is what worked shoot CM Punk will give next because he's saying so many of the things that I'm thinking; the way he presents it gets me emotionally invested in whats going on. It's hard to ignore something that sounds that good when everyone else on the roster sounds like a robot just delivering the same cookie-cutter lines every week.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:39 PM

KowboyKyle216 is looking to come up from OCW...

I Really feel the kayfabe shirts break the Fourth wall too much. Im okay with a little bit of it like Dolph Using the #HEEL but i dont want it thrown at me. Kinda like i Always loved Mr Anderson's Shirt from TNA that Said Pro Wrestling is Real. People are fake! Theres a line where its okay and too much.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-14-2012, 12:08 AM
King of the Ring

TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by H33LTurn View Post
Its been said before that one of the worst things Vince did was reveal the secrets of wrestling. I think that while its great that they've finally acknowledged that wrestling is scripted, making shirts with "insider" wrestling terminology is a bit much. This business model of breaking the 4th wall isnt represented by any other show in the world. No other scripted show lets on to the fans that its scripted quite like WWE does. I dont understand the purpose for doing so. In the end nothing is gained except a horrible detour from what WWE should and has always been about. When you keep the rivalry relating to what happens on the show, everyone will understand whats going on and its more consistent with whats being going on in the past. But pushing the product in this direction is really excluding a majority of the fans who are children or TV fans for a minority who already know how the business works.
Who says that? Retards who don't understand business? The "rap" on wrestling fans was that they were dumb and thought it was real. Vince basically said "no, it's fake, it's entertainment". Now if you say "lol you think it's real" YOU are the one who looks like an idiot.

I like these shirts. The audience (and I'm looking at most of you on here) think you know more about wrestling than you really do and like these phrases. It's smart.

Also, please show me the demographic numbers. When I look at the audinece, it's not a "majority of fans who are children". Also, the kids know it's fake too. Also, the kids.....won't buy this shirt. It's for a different market. Hating this idea is like saying Applebees is dumb for selling beer because kids won't buy it.

*Guy no one predicted to win, wins*
-IWC fans "OMG THIS IS SO STUPID, WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS?"
sendpm.gif
Old 03-14-2012, 11:34 AM

multiverseman.com is looking to come up from OCW...multiverseman.com is looking to come up from OCW...

Pro wrestling still thinks it's immune to the rules of entertainment.

Rule #1: Your secrets get exposed regardless of who you are so you might as well embrace it. Wrestling needs to stop pretending that fans don't know all this stuff already. Kayfabe is dead. Nobody who doesn't know the insider stuff cares anyway.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-15-2012, 04:04 AM

jason420 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiverseman.com View Post
Pro wrestling still thinks it's immune to the rules of entertainment.

Rule #1: Your secrets get exposed regardless of who you are so you might as well embrace it. Wrestling needs to stop pretending that fans don't know all this stuff already. Kayfabe is dead. Nobody who doesn't know the insider stuff cares anyway.

Agreed. Breaking kayfabe was a natural evolution of the business. Using terms like heel or face or getting over or whatever doesn't hurt the business. It evolve the business to something different. If it works it'll make WWE money. If it doesn't work, they'll lose money and go down another path.

It's like the internet and social media. If social media hurt pro wrestlers' careers they wouldn't use it. However, guys like Ryder have embraced it and made it work for them in a big way. Same thing Ziggler's doing with this "heel" business.

If Ziggler's using kayfabe makes him cool in some peoples eyes, great for him. If it rankles internet marks...that's great too. He IS a heel and we ARE talking about him right? Mission accomplished.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-15-2012, 07:11 PM
WWE Women's Champion

XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...XXJJ is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrs View Post
Yeah, I'm not really a fan of WWE breaking kayfabe. It'd be like your favorite movie or sitcom breaking the fourth wall. It's hard to suspend disbelief and really get into something, when we're being reminded that it isn't real.

Save all of the back stage gossip for the websites and news letters, and give me engrossing storylines on TV instead.
I agree, breaking kayfabe is just a cheap and easy thing to do. You dont even have to be a good mic worker and some fans will still eat it up. Give me guys that can stay in character and still have interesting feuds.

I think Ziggler having "heel" on the back of his trunks is stupid. It's just a lame attempt of trying to appeal to smarks. He should have "showoff" written on his trunks.

I didn't like a lot of the things Punk was doing. The stuff he was saying during the contract signing with Miz and Del Rio, and when he was knocking Del Rio promo's... I just didn't find that entertaining at all.

Last edited by XXJJ : 03-15-2012 at 07:21 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 03-17-2012, 01:40 AM
The Abdi

cmedge is looking to come up from OCW...

I did not mind CM Punk's shoot promo but with the T-Shirts (Thank God They Were Pulled) I feel like it was a little much. The WWE can try to be more real because people say that they used to love wrestling but don't because it's "fake" so the WWE can try to become more real but not by breaking Kayfabe. Vince is really losing it that's why I'm glad that HHH will take over one day.