WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-29-2011, 05:35 PM
Happy days are here again
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfearbefore View Post
It's kind of funny how everyone just assumes Sin Cara would be awesome in a ladder match or assumes he has tons of experience just because he's a luchador.
I find myself agreeing with you. There's this weird assumption based on what people have seen of "small but agile guy in ladder match" that all of them will be good at them. Sin Cara at this stage barely has anyone he can work with because his style's so different, and WWE can hardly put him in a program with Rey when he's supposed to be the "next" Rey.

While I find Sin Cara to be a really refreshing addition to the WWE roster, no way is he ready for this kind of match yet, based on his experience. He even had trouble being in the ring with Primo. PRIMO. Now I'm sure if Sin Cara and Primo had another match even as soon as in a month's time, while it would be utterly pointless in terms of Cara's direction, he would be better adjusted to it than he was a couple of weeks ago. Anyone know if Cara spent much/any time in FCW, just out of interest?

Now, I think (brace yourselves, here comes one of Paragon's many bizarre analogies) that to function well, matches, and the roster, in WWE style should be constructed like the class system in an RPG game. ("What?!")

You've got different styles of wrestler to create both balance and interest. So Sin Cara in his high-spot style, is the equivalent of a mage - uses cool-looking spells for massive damage! But ultimately lacks the durability and consistency of a simple-but-effective warrior, who while less flashy, can take a hit as well as dish out damage. Perhaps it'd be better if Cara, or for safety's sake, Morrison, worked this match with someone like Sheamus, more of a brawler/powerhouse style. So what does this freaky-ass metaphor mean?

Well, I think Sin Cara and JoMo should not work this match together, at least not now. As good as they both are in the ring with regards to their own styles, if anything goes wrong it could end up looking like something out of CZW (no offence to fans of CZW, I'm sure it does have its merits. Somewhere) Besides, their styles are quite similar in the way of using "high-risk" spots. I dislike the term "spot-monkey", because it's derogatory, and as I said, I believe you need different styles of wrestler in a company these days to keep it interesting. Which means that so-called "spot monkeys" are valid as a style of wrestler. But why not make it a four-way-dance, with some power or mat styles for variation? The ladder can be used for a lot more than jumping really high.

Sheamus, for example, is pretty good at the brawling/intense, measured power thing, but if everyone wrestled the way Sheamus did I know I'd be bored and I expect all of you would be too. Same way I'd be bored if everyone wrestled like Sin Cara. With a contrast of styles you have something much more interesting, in my view.

Another fairly long post so for tl;dr, Sin Cara's style is not necessarily compatible with a ladder match at the moment just because he's a fast mover.

PS: I'd recommend paying attention to TWJC's post because he mentions storytelling which I forgot to bring up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow1234, about me View Post
Typical wwe mark lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isobel Crawley, Downton Abbey
It's good to be disagreed with; keeps you on your toes.

Last edited by Ollie : 04-29-2011 at 05:39 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-29-2011, 06:06 PM
Taught Elvis how to play karate
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Captain Morgan Freeman worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Send a message via MSN to Captain Morgan Freeman

Well seing as they have moved him from raw to smackdown due to him botching a lot of his moves i dont think they have alot of confidence in sin cara at the moment.

Dont get me wrong a year down the line when sin cara gets used to working in front of large crowds and adapting to WWE's style of wrestling this match will happen but in the words of bill de'mot "hes as green as goose shit!".

I think their styles would suit quite well in the high flying enviroment of a ladder match and if evan bourne and/or shelton benjamin were added to the mix well then it would be even better in my opinion.

Remember when joey mercury's nose was busted open after a ladder smashed into his face? I dont think the WWE want to risk something similar happening due to a botched move.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-01-2011, 11:20 PM

HBK/RKO is looking to come up from OCW...HBK/RKO is looking to come up from OCW...HBK/RKO is looking to come up from OCW...HBK/RKO is looking to come up from OCW...

No. For one we haven't seen anything from Sin Cara to really know how good he is unless you watched him in a ladder match from his Mexico days. He seems to a bit sloppy in the ring. Besides all that I just don't think their chemistry would be that great. Sure Morrison had a great ladder match with Sheamus but he is a brawler and they blended well. Morrison and Sin Cara would both be doing spot after spot.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-02-2011, 08:22 AM
Banned From Tire Commercials
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

On paper, yes. In reality and with any kind of thought put into it, no. Ladder matches aren't about the big spots. They're about the drama. Look back at HHH vs. Rock or Razor vs. Shawn. Of those two, both being arguably the best one on one ladder matches ever, Shawn is the only "ladder match guy" in them. The drama is what makes a great ladder match, not a ton of flips. Alberto vs. Christian was a great one and they didn't flip or dive that much. It's the drama, not the spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
sendpm.gif
Old 05-02-2011, 10:05 AM

blueskyy is looking to come up from OCW...

No, I don't want a John Morrison vs. Sin Cara match. Neither do I want a Kofi Kingston vs. Sin Cara match.

I rather have a John Cena vs. Sin Cara match, because then... I don't have to watch it.

Right now, of the 3 matches Sin Cara was in, he made all his opponents look bad, real bad, if I might add. With Cena, it is impossible that it would get any worse.
sendpm.gif