WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-18-2011, 08:15 PM
Best for (the Music) Business
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

DethMetal is looking to come up from OCW...DethMetal is looking to come up from OCW...DethMetal is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Dibiase: Soon to be champion??!

OK, before I get blasted, here me out.

So I was watching RAW, and I see DiBiase go on _________'s annual "Royal Rumble challenge" bit, and gets eliminated. Remember who else did this, but became champion 3 months later? Jack Swaggger. He went from being a joke to a champion. Now, lets say, DiBiase loses the Rumble and wins Money in the Bank, like Swagger did. He waits a little while, cashes in, and BOOM! He's WWE champion with Maryse at his side(although he's dragging her down). I admit that Ted is pretty short of a lost cause, but maybe he just needs something to get him "kickstarted" so to be.

So am I insane, or not that far off?
sendpm.gif
Old 01-18-2011, 08:22 PM
:( lost ma Mayhem Title
WWE Diva's Champion

Find'er Woo'er Ryder worked a dark match on ECW recently...Find'er Woo'er Ryder worked a dark match on ECW recently...Find'er Woo'er Ryder worked a dark match on ECW recently...Find'er Woo'er Ryder worked a dark match on ECW recently...Find'er Woo'er Ryder worked a dark match on ECW recently...Find'er Woo'er Ryder worked a dark match on ECW recently...Find'er Woo'er Ryder worked a dark match on ECW recently...Find'er Woo'er Ryder worked a dark match on ECW recently...Find'er Woo'er Ryder worked a dark match on ECW recently...Find'er Woo'er Ryder worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Every year there is a different guy saying he can through out anyone in the Royal Rumble and then he has an over the top rope challenge. Now if there is a Money In The Bank ladder match at this years Wrestlemania, I hope its someone who can hold their own in the championship match and not look weak and hopeless in every match he is in.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:28 PM

Matisyahu is looking to come up from OCW...Matisyahu is looking to come up from OCW...

I think Dibiase will eventually become a world champion without question but I dont think it will be anytime soon because they aren't really doing much with him at all at the moment.

He hasn't had any type of feud short of the one with Goldust which was a waste of time and even with Maryse who is freaking gorgeous but I digress, EVEN with Maryse he still isn't really doing anything. But honestly this is a huge shock to me because I thought he was in for big things when he was part of Legacy and always seemed like he wanted to take out Orton yet everytime they had a match Orton decimated him its a shame!

I really like Dibiase but he just seems to have the role of MVP when he lost it all and went on like a year long losing streak only to turn it all around. The thing I dont get is why they stopped pushing the whole 'I can do and buy whatever I want' angle because I think they were on to something....

But yeah there is no way Dibiase is doing squat for awhile not at this rate
Old 01-18-2011, 08:54 PM
WWE European Champion

hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanescent Deth View Post

So I was watching RAW, and I see DiBiase go on _________'s annual "Royal Rumble challenge" bit, and gets eliminated. Remember who else did this, but became champion 3 months later? Jack Swaggger. He went from being a joke to a champion. Now, lets say, DiBiase loses the Rumble and wins Money in the Bank, like Swagger did. He waits a little while, cashes in, and BOOM! He's WWE champion with Maryse at his side(although he's dragging her down). I admit that Ted is pretty short of a lost cause, but maybe he just needs something to get him "kickstarted" so to be.

With all due respect, I think you are probably a little bit insane. If you think that Ted DiBiase Jr. is going to hold either of the two major belts at any point soon, you're out of your mind. DiBiase will be extremely lucky to be in contention for a mid-card belt, never mind the WWE or WHC titles.

In my opinion, DiBiase is a career mid-carder. If his name was Jones or Smith rather than DiBiase, he'd either be enhancement talent or he'd be future endeavored. I think that WWE has been more patient than usual with him because of his lineage, and I think that's sensible. Maybe he will eventually step up his game and make a name for himself, but it won't be in 2011. You can draw analogies to Swagger all you want, it doesn't matter. Fact of the matter is, Ted DiBiase Jr. will not hold championship gold any time soon. If ever.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:05 PM
With black birds following me

Arkham Noir is looking to come up from OCW...Arkham Noir is looking to come up from OCW...Arkham Noir is looking to come up from OCW...Arkham Noir is looking to come up from OCW...Arkham Noir is looking to come up from OCW...Arkham Noir is looking to come up from OCW...Arkham Noir is looking to come up from OCW...

Honestly, when I saw "Dibiase;soon to be......." from the forums main page, I thought it was going to say "Futur endeavored".

I actually hate everything about Dibiase and the fact that he keeps getting all these pushes. Do you have any idea the amount of guys that could of got over between now and when they started with Dibiase? Just drop him already.

I don't think he is going to be champion in the next few months or any time soon unless he finally starts becoming an asset and someone we actually want to watch, opposed to someone who is their because their father is a legend.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-18-2011, 09:11 PM
The King of Swing

King_of_Swing1520 is looking to come up from OCW...King_of_Swing1520 is looking to come up from OCW...King_of_Swing1520 is looking to come up from OCW...

anything is possible but remember where swagger is now? he's still in the midcard. all that "build" he got did nothing. his championship reign was a joke. personally i dont think dibiase has what it takes. he's just too bland on the mic. theres nothing that sets him apart
Old 01-18-2011, 09:18 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Midnite Express 2009 is looking to come up from OCW...Midnite Express 2009 is looking to come up from OCW...Midnite Express 2009 is looking to come up from OCW...

I swear, Ted DiBiase is such a disappointment. I believe what he needs is Nexus. And not C.M. Punk's Nexus, but Wade Barrett's Nexus. He is floundering on Raw and it doesn't make sense for such a talented guy to have nothing going on for him. It just doesn't. I doubt he will win Money in The Bank. The reason being is that he's not ready to be taken as seriously. In all honesty, his chance was when he was with Randy Orton in Legacy, but of course, SOMEBODY dropped the ball and so here we are.

Sending him over to SmackDown will give him a new lease on life because Raw is too heel heavy right now. Think about it. You got The Miz, C.M. Punk w/Nexus, Sheamus and if they finally turn John Morrison heel, then you have him as well. DiBiase doesn't have much of a spot or anyone to feud with. I understand the thread was about whether or not he'd be a soon to be champion, but again, the answer is no. Not in the forseeable future.

Take him to SmackDown, have him join Nexus and see what happens. Someone from Nexus will win MITB anyway, but it won't be him. But at least we'll get a chance to see a new side of Teddy, hopefully a more ruthless, destructive man we almost got to see a few years ago.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:23 PM
^ Moves like jagger. Bank on it.

MargeraRVD316 is looking to come up from OCW...

To be quite honest, i am following you a little on this one to a point. Not him winning a championship, but the Swagger like build. Swagger started off in 2008, and won gold quickly(or in this case Silver) as did DiBiase. They both continued through 2009 not doing anything major, but still finding a way to always be that guy that would be "The Fifth Pick On A Elementary School Soccer Team" (Analogy: It means that he's not the first guy you'd want to chose, but he's definitely ONE of the ones you'd want to chose unless you think your team[the pay per view] would survive without him). By this i mean that he was used in almost every pay per view 2009 as an extra so to speak. They were both at the survivor series 2009, and in the rumble this year. But Swagger got to bigger better things instead of DiBiase. And now Swagger is competing for the US title against DB (Swagger competed against Kingston in 09).

That may all sound crazy, but it is true. They are basically using the same method of keeping him relevant as for Swagger. They're using him as an extra but he probably won't get the big pay off. And the whole reason he ever Kayfabe hooked up with Maryse in the first place was to get himself over. It's not his fault he can't get over as a heel, its HERS. She should be doing what Vickie does for Dolph. Cheating his opponents out of matches. That's how Ziggler won the IC title (if my memory is correct), so why not put the US title on DiBiase by having Maryse cheat to help him win?

Anyways that's my opinion, and anyone saying he hasn't had a feud since Goldust, you're wrong. I don't see anyone else having title matches with Daniel Bryan every other Raw.

"Yeah my name is Link Man, I'm more well known than Lil' Wayne. Oh, you thought my name was Zelda? THAT'S A FUCKING GIRLS NAME!"

Last edited by MargeraRVD316 : 01-18-2011 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Mistake: I meant that they were both in the royal rumble LAST year.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-18-2011, 09:38 PM

GCoh is looking to come up from OCW...

Hmm....Look where Swagger is now. DiBiase is definitely a future champion in 2 or 3 years as he is still very young, and I hope WWE doesnt future endeavor him. The only thing I see DiBiase doing in 2011 is winning a 6 pack challenge for the US/Intercontinental Title
sendpm.gif
Old 01-18-2011, 10:12 PM

drobs85 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evanescent Deth View Post

Well they turned Swagger back into a joke so i think that title reign was a waste, but that's another discussion. As far as Ted jr. goes, he's not over at all. Even Cody Rhodes is doing much more with a very generic gimmick. I don't think Ted has even won the ic title could be wrong so he certainly won't win the WWE title if at all anytime soon. He has so much work to do, i could actually see him being cut this year. And your incorrect Maryse is holding him down. She wasn't doing a damn thing either before she joined him so i don't no what your talking about. He's need to leave for awhile a repackage himself.