WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-27-2010, 09:44 AM
WWE European Champion

Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default Jeff Hardy to Plead Guilty?

Source: The Charlotte Observer

CARTHAGE - Jeff Hardy, a professional wrestler from Cameron who was arrested last year on drug charges, plans to plead guilty in court next month, according to the Moore County district attorney.

Moore County deputies raided Hardy's home in September 2009 after Fayetteville police received a tip about drug use there.

Lawmen found about 262 doses of Vicodin, a prescription painkiller, 180 Soma prescription pills, 55 milliliters of anabolic steroids, a residual amount of powder cocaine and drug paraphernalia. He faces several drug charges.

Hardy, 33, is the current world champion of Total Nonstop Action Wrestling on the Spike TV cable channel.

--------------------------------------------------

I have no idea if this is true or not ... but let's say it is for the fun of it.

Make him lose the belt! Quickly! Quickly! Drop it to someone! Those are my current thoughts if this story is infact true. TNA would get the wrong type of publicity if its Champion goes to jail because of this drug crap. We'll never hear the end of it.

Hardy jokes - galore. Even I will get on the bandwagon. If Hardy was indeed doing that crap he deserves to rot in a cell. A freaking millionaire doing shit that should be done by hobos? Yeah, you had it comin'.

Last edited by Zeven_Zion : 12-27-2010 at 09:46 AM.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-27-2010, 09:53 AM
Knockout Champion

wrestlingfan is looking to come up from OCW...wrestlingfan is looking to come up from OCW...wrestlingfan is looking to come up from OCW...

I agree. TNA doesnt need this bad publicity. WWE even with all their faults are smart because they have the WWE Wellness policy so you try taking a snif fof drugs you will be confiscated.

Even though this pracitcaslly ruins the Immortal storyline they need to drop the title ohtherwise their wont be a storyline.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-27-2010, 10:14 AM
Half Man Half Biscuit
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Chess is looking to come up from OCW...Chess is looking to come up from OCW...

Would he really get put in prison for that? It seems too litlte for me to believe he will get sent down. If he is pleading guilty it will only be for possession so I guess it would just be a fine and probably rehab. There is No way Hardy will plead guilty if he has to do time.

Lets also be honest, those drugs are not for hobos, nearly all your hollywood superstars do coke and the rest are painkillers, uppers and downers that nearly all the wrestlers take at some point in their careers, even my personal favourite Kurt Angle.

I would keep the belt on him as this will not likely stay in the press for long or even at all, it will just be on the wrestling sites where the IWC can continue their bashing of Hardy. I say continue as normal, get him some help if he actually is doing drugs and move on.

This is minor news. I am waiting until the Cena on Roids story finally leaks, now that will be fun.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-27-2010, 10:19 AM
WWE European Champion

hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...hatehabsforever is going to make some noise in the draft...

The question here would be, what charges specifically would he be pleading guilty to? As I understand it, he was charged with a number of various drug related offences, ranging from possession, to intent to distribute, etc., He could be pleading guilty to the lesser charges, in an attempt at damage control regarding the more significant charges. I cannot imagine he would be pleading guilty to the entire array of charges at this stage of the game.

In my opinion, if he pleads guilty to any drug related charges, they have to take the belt from him. If TNA learns that he intends to plead guilty in this matter to any of the offences, they need to take the belt from him and fast. In my opinion, with these charges looming, he should never have been given the gold in the first place. I'm not going to judge Jeff Hardy, and I'm not going to critique the decision by TNA to put the title on him in the first place, that's a separate discussion that's already been done to death. But if he is planning to plead guilty to any drug charges, or for sure if he is convicted of anything (whether jail time be involved or not), he cannot be the TNA World Heavyweight Champion, the guy that the rest of the roster aspires to reach.

Unfortunately, knowing TNA's past history, they'll do one of two things. They won't have him lose the title in a one-on-one match to a worthy adversary. They'll strip him of the title, with no reason given on television, and hold a long drawn out tournament to select his successor, which will turn out to be won by the guy that he should have dropped the belt to directly in the first place. Or, they'll build it all into a shoot style storyline, probably having him get arrested on television and dragged off of iMPACT in handcuffs.

OK, I'm kidding about the last part (I think ) but either way, they cannot have a champion with a current drug conviction or a plea of guilty to drug-related charges. But I'd bet my bottom dollar that if he is forced to drop the title sooner than desired for any of these reasons, the manner in which TNA does so will be convoluted and illogical.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:26 AM
What's the craic?
WCW TV Champion

FitFinlay4Life scored a win over Santino Marella...FitFinlay4Life scored a win over Santino Marella...FitFinlay4Life scored a win over Santino Marella...FitFinlay4Life scored a win over Santino Marella...FitFinlay4Life scored a win over Santino Marella...FitFinlay4Life scored a win over Santino Marella...FitFinlay4Life scored a win over Santino Marella...FitFinlay4Life scored a win over Santino Marella...FitFinlay4Life scored a win over Santino Marella...FitFinlay4Life scored a win over Santino Marella...FitFinlay4Life scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddarboy View Post
This is minor news. I am waiting until the Cena on Roids story finally leaks, now that will be fun.
Cena's on the juice - no way, how can you tell - next thing you'll be telling me is that Vinnie Mac and Triple H are too

Onto Jeff, if the story is true - then there has definitely been plea bargaining somewhere and I think that TNA management have known for some time what the outcome will be and that is why they finally put the belt on him. The reason BFG was surprising wasn't who 'they' were, it was that TNA put the belt on someone facing jail time. This news story might just have told us why it was suddenly safe to make him champ - there's been assurances of no jail time.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:30 AM
WZCW World Heavyweight Champion!
King of the Ring

Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...

Wait a minute. I'm not to smart when it comes to the law and I'm not discrediting the possibilities of this being true, but since when does a guy openly discuss legal issues, let alone pretty much admit he did something wrong to the media? Just what kind of freakin' lawyer did he hire? I already said I won't discredit the possibility, but this just doesn't sound right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
And for the record, my wife has a build resembling that of a blonde counterpart of Final Fantasy 7's Tifa.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-27-2010, 10:32 AM

schaeffershawn is looking to come up from OCW...

Ok from a legal standpoint it would depend on what Jeff is pleading guilty to. IF he is pleading to felonies he will do jail time. Felonies require mininum jail sentances. Perhapes he has a plea deal in the works which will cut down the jail time or make it were he pleads guilty to lesser charges and pays large fines plus community service.

Regardless pleading guilty is a blackeye for TNA. Hardy is suppose to be a "Role Model" even if his current character is not playing one.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-27-2010, 10:36 AM

Dimice121976 is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to Dimice121976 Send a message via Yahoo to Dimice121976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddarboy View Post
Would he really get put in prison for that? It seems too litlte for me to believe he will get sent down. If he is pleading guilty it will only be for possession so I guess it would just be a fine and probably rehab. There is No way Hardy will plead guilty if he has to do time.

Lets also be honest, those drugs are not for hobos, nearly all your hollywood superstars do coke and the rest are painkillers, uppers and downers that nearly all the wrestlers take at some point in their careers, even my personal favourite Kurt Angle.

I would keep the belt on him as this will not likely stay in the press for long or even at all, it will just be on the wrestling sites where the IWC can continue their bashing of Hardy. I say continue as normal, get him some help if he actually is doing drugs and move on.

Are you serious??? Is your name Dixie Carter??? TNA needs to not only take the belt of him now, but they need to cut ties with him now as well. The article doesn't call Hardy a "former WWE wrestler", it calls him the TNA Champion that airs on Spike TV. Thats bad press for both TNA and Spike. Whatever he is pleading to has to be big for the DA to take the or offer the deal. While I'm not sure what the terms of jail could be, any company with half a brain would know to be rid of him ASAP, if not permanently, then at least for a CONSIDERABLE amount of time. If this was the WWE, and Vince did anything less than firing Hardy, he would be destroyed.

As far as story lines go, I think Anderson could replace Hardy in Immortal, but even with that, the story line which was headed to be a let down, will officially be a bust now because of this. As far as who should get the belt, there are a few ways to go (Anderson, Morgan, RVD, AJ, JJ, Angle). This along with what nearly happened at the last PPV has to be an eye opener for TNA. I believe the plea will be on January 20th, which gives TNA to do the right and smart thing for once, and not be a mark for one of its stars. If they do not, this sends the wrong message to the locker room and its fans. Bash Vince and the E all you want, but this wouldn't happen there, or be tolerated.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Formerly 'Johnny Savage'
WWE Diva's Champion

UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...UFOcalling worked a dark match on ECW recently...

First of all, what hobos are getting Vicodin, Somas & Steroids? Maybe Cocaine, but the rest of these are drugs of the "rich & famous". I doubt a lot of hobos are doing pharmaceutical-grade drugs.

Hardy will probably NOT go to jail. If this is his first offense with drugs (as far as I know it is), the judge will most likely go easy on him. He's getting charged in North Carolina, right? ...my parents live in Weaverville, NC (close to Ashville)...they're constantly telling me about stories they see on the news about meth-labs getting shut down. Trust me, the jails in NC are probably littered with criminals FAR worse than Hardy.

Hardy will most likely plead guilty to a lesser charge...lesser than ALL the charges, at least. IF (and this is a big "if") this is Hardy's first charge, the judge will not give him a prison sentence. He'll get put on probation for a year or so. That will probably entail random drug testing (urine-tests at least twice a month, where someone watches you pee to make sure you're not cheating/substituting your urine for someone else's), and a lot of fines. That's all...no jail.

If he messes up and tests dirty, or misses a meeting with his probation officer, then he might go to jail. Odds are that if he keeps his nose clean (literally) during the probation period, all of this will be stricken from his record and he'll be free.

I bet the cops that raided his house were expecting to find a LOT more than they did. They probably thought that someone was either dealing out of the house, or growing pot or cooking meth there or something. Not a lot of "raids" happen looking for an amount of drugs used for "personal use". I seriously doubt they'll throw the book at him, even a Court-Appointed Lawyer would be able to prove that Hardy isn't a dealer. Imagine what his expensive "city" lawyer (lol!) will be able to do.

I doubt this will interfere with ANY of Hardy's storylines at TNA. If anything, they might suspend him (probably WITH pay) for a month or something. Who knows. I doubt TNA will do anything at all, since this will blow over as no big deal.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-27-2010, 10:38 AM
Half Man Half Biscuit
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Chess is looking to come up from OCW...Chess is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
they cannot have a champion with a current drug conviction or a plea of guilty to drug-related charges.
Why not? It is not like he was selling crack or Heroin.

They have RVD who is an advocate of marjuana and a former champ.

They have Hogan who is a former roid head from his time in WWE and Vince knew this.

They have Kurt Angle who is known for his pill addictions.

They have MCMG as champs who have videos on youtube of them getting high.

As everyone here mentions, TNA is not big enough for the mainstream press to care about. If this was the WWE then it would be big, in TNA its not.

Lets not be so foolish to not realise that nearly all your favourite wrestlers are taking pain killers, smoking weed or drinking excessively to help ease the pain. For fucks sake a former or current WWE employee dies every year because of this so why just punish Hardy.
sendpm.gif