WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-17-2010, 03:51 PM

shagonzalez is looking to come up from OCW...

I found the angle intriging.IMO i think Barrett gave in to soon to hiring Cena.I don't think it made Nexus look weak cause it seemed Cena was sneak attacking each of it's members,and we all saw what Nexus did to Cena on Raw.I do have to say that it would have been better if Cena went away awhile and Nexus had taken over,then have Cena return and wreak havoc on Barrett n the Nexus.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-17-2010, 05:55 PM

The Wrestler`s Wrestler is a member of the JOB SQUAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
Wow, people are crying again in a John Cena thread? Go figure.

First of all, to those claiming Wade Barrett looked weak...shut the fuck up. Barrett's the heel, and heels should ALWAYS look inferior to the faces. It's Wrestling 101. But besides that, Barrett fucking fired John Cena, and you're claiming he looked weak? Why? Because Cena beat up Barrett's friends? Has the intelligence of the IWC dropped so low that it now considers beating up the FRIENDS of a heel to make the heel look weak?

Get out of here with that stupid shit. And that's what it is...stupid. The fact of the matter is, if Cena's name was Stone Cold Steve Austin, all of you wrestling pseudo-intellectuals would be proclaiming it the greatest story ever.

Fucking terrible. Learn a little about wrestling before you post such stupid comments.
First off all this is NOT a Cena thread, It is a FREE OR FIRED ANGLE WAS A TERRIBLE THREAD.

If it was Austin, Rock or Hogan it would STILL be a STUPID waste of time because there was NO point in the payoff, And that is another subject to do a thread on in itself. You see in an ANGLE you want the face to go through so much $h!t that when its time for the PAYOFF, That is when the face finally getting his BIG win over the heel, It is all worth the while. Or worth THE MONEY!

If Cena was fired untill the rumble or no way out, He could of spent that time trying to get back at Barrett (Without it being as EASY and nonsensical as it was) Finally you get to the match where if Cena wins he gets his job back and if Barrett loses he has to give up his leadership roll in nexus, Or even Nexus has to disband.

As has been said in this thread and by Cena HIMSELF, His firing hasn't been that bad on him. So WHY IN THE F would we care about the PAYOFF match, If the FACE HIMSELF HAS SAID that what he went through before he gets his hand on the heel wasnt all that bad. Gee that is going to make people reach into their pockets and pay $60 $70 for the PAY PER VIEW.

The pay per view match is WHERE you have Cena get his job back, Like in a ladder match for a raw contract for Cena. But NOOO Cena gets his job back on FREE tv and gets a chairs match with Barrett at the ppv.
AGAIN FOR WHAT??? Not for his job, Because he has that back alreday, And not for the HARDSHIP he went through because he said himself " Hey! It weren't so bad." So what are people really paying their money for to see Cena and Barrett swinging chairs at each other for???

When you have a story like this you want the HEEL to look STRONG and confident so WHEN the FACE knocks him off his perch the FACE looks STRONG in the end. Barrett has been made to look WEAK in this feud with Cena running around doing whatever he pleases and dont forget "Being fired isn't that bad!" And Barrett's world is crashing down around him BEFORE we even get to the pay per view. So this angle is like you Slyfox 696 it is pretty much... Stupid.

Last edited by The Wrestler`s Wrestler : 12-17-2010 at 05:57 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-17-2010, 07:27 PM

CerebralViper96 is looking to come up from OCW...

What I didnt like about the "Feast Or Fired" angle was when John Cena was fired,it wasnt believeble.Seriously,he would show up in regular entrance gear and when he step over the rail,no security guards came to stop him.At SummerSlam in 2009 when Brett DiBiase interfered in the Orton/Cena match,security was all over him.They grabbed,put his hands behind his back,and rushed him to the side of the entrance.And also,what was up with when Cena was still fired,and he AA'ed Wade Barret,they would still play his music They could have made this a great angle but sadly,it was a huge dissapointment
Old 12-17-2010, 08:04 PM
Knockout Champion

Wade's Public Transit Bomb worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wade's Public Transit Bomb worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wade's Public Transit Bomb worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wade's Public Transit Bomb worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wade's Public Transit Bomb worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wade's Public Transit Bomb worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wade's Public Transit Bomb worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wade's Public Transit Bomb worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wade's Public Transit Bomb worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aberle4Life View Post
Eboney, I'm not complaining that Cena has still been on RAW every week. It's that he was "fired" and then proceeded to remain on the show every week. It wasn't realistic in the least and made the whole Free Of Fired angle just meaningless and ridiculous. It's poor writing, and if they had no plans of not having Cena on each week they shouldn't have done the angle in the first place.

Okay. The angle wasn't rocket science. Cena vowed to take out the Nexus and we all know his motto is "Never give up." Did you really expect John Cena to just take his shit and leave without getting to Wade Barrett first?

The WWE doesn't got for realism or shoot-y stuff, they go for entertainment. That is what separates the successful feds from the others. I promise ya that more WWE fans are happy to see that Cena didn't really go away than more complaining "Well, Cena didn't really get fired" or "Why is Cena still here?"

There have been many complaints about Nexus in general and I just want to know if people have actually watched any of it.

Bella Twins for Champ movement is in full effect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Sexual Chocolate View Post
Sweet caramel Moses.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion

Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wrestler`s Wrestler View Post
First off all this is NOT a Cena thread, It is a FREE OR FIRED ANGLE WAS A TERRIBLE THREAD.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but was not the whole concept of the Free or Fired Angle based around John Cena? Yeah, thought so. Score one for me.

Quote:
If it was Austin, Rock or Hogan it would STILL be a STUPID waste of time because there was NO point in the payoff
No, it would NOT be a stupid waste of time, just like this one wasn't.

What the fuck was wasted? People tuned in every week to see what happened. It sold PPVs, and it sets up a match between Cena and Barrett. How the fuck is that a waste of time? Do you even understand the concept of promoting?

Quote:
And that is another subject to do a thread on in itself. You see in an ANGLE you want the face to go through so much $h!t that when its time for the PAYOFF, That is when the face finally getting his BIG win over the heel, It is all worth the while. Or worth THE MONEY!
TLC 2010 says hi. What the fuck do you think is getting ready to happen?

Are you really this ignorant?

Quote:
If Cena was fired untill the rumble or no way out, He could of spent that time trying to get back at Barrett (Without it being as EASY and nonsensical as it was) Finally you get to the match where if Cena wins he gets his job back and if Barrett loses he has to give up his leadership roll in nexus, Or even Nexus has to disband.
Wait...

Let me see if I have this right. You want to do the EXACT SAME FUCKING THING the WWE is currently doing, but instead of doing it in one month, you want them to take their biggest draw off television for 3 or 4 months during what is historically the worst time for ratings during the year, and stretch out that same story for months, and put everything else on pause?

That's fucking stupid. Thank God you don't work for the WWE, they'd be out of business inside of a year. You clearly have no business criticizing anyone's booking with that kind of ridiculous logic.

Quote:
As has been said in this thread and by Cena HIMSELF, His firing hasn't been that bad on him. So WHY IN THE F would we care about the PAYOFF match, If the FACE HIMSELF HAS SAID that what he went through before he gets his hand on the heel wasnt all that bad. Gee that is going to make people reach into their pockets and pay $60 $70 for the PAY PER VIEW.
Cena said that to get under Barrett's skin, to psych Barrett out into getting Cena his job back.

Although, I can see where the subtlety of that would escape you.

Quote:
The pay per view match is WHERE you have Cena get his job back, Like in a ladder match for a raw contract for Cena. But NOOO Cena gets his job back on FREE tv and gets a chairs match with Barrett at the ppv.
That makes no sense. And you're criticizing WWE's booking?

You're saying that Cena should have a match to earn back his job? Do you realize how stupid that sounds? Cena was FIRED! You don't get to work a match when you're fired. Cena HAD to be re-hired on live TV, for two reasons. 1) You don't get to wrestle if you're not employed, and 2) You get to promote the shit out of the PPV.

You're terrible at this. Did you just start watching wrestling yesterday? Any answer other than "yes" should embarrass you.

Quote:
AGAIN FOR WHAT??? Not for his job, Because he has that back alreday
Yes, because THAT doesn't make sense...not like wrestling a match when he's fired. You're full of logic buddy.

Quote:
And not for the HARDSHIP he went through because he said himself " Hey! It weren't so bad." So what are people really paying their money for to see Cena and Barrett swinging chairs at each other for???
Like you said, to watch the face get his revenge against the guy who has been tormenting him for almost the entire year. Barrett cost Cena his title, orchestrated multiple beatdowns and fired Cena. Cena got his revenge on every other member of Nexus...why do people pay for TLC? To watch Cena finally get his revenge on the leader of Nexus, Wade Barrett.

Even children can understand that concept. Doesn't surprise me that you don't though.

Quote:
When you have a story like this you want the HEEL to look STRONG and confident so WHEN the FACE knocks him off his perch the FACE looks STRONG in the end.
The heel has looked strong nearly the entire year. All year long Barrett and Nexus has gotten the better of John Cena, except on just a couple of occasions. Now it's Cena's turn to knock the heel off of his perch, like you said.

Quote:
Barrett has been made to look WEAK in this feud with Cena running around doing whatever he pleases

That's the stupidest comment you've made yet. Before I shred you with it, feel free to rephrase it. Keep in mind, this feud has been going on for most of the year.

Quote:
And Barrett's world is crashing down around him BEFORE we even get to the pay per view.
Exactly. It's just like in all the movies...first the superhero takes out the henchman, then he goes for the leader. It's classic American storytelling 101.

Quote:
So this angle is like you Slyfox 696 it is pretty much... Stupid.

Coming from the person who doesn't think this thread is about Cena, wants the WWE to stretch a one month angle out over 4 months, who wants the WWE to take their biggest draw off the show and then have him wrestle in a match for the company he isn't employed by, and finally doesn't understand basic match promoting, this comment can only be described as laughable.

As I'm sure EVERYONE in this thread is now laughing at you. Your intelligence has been found wanting. I suggest you scamper for cover, because in a battle of our intelligences, you're bringing a plastic spoon to a gun fight.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-17-2010, 09:35 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...jacdnwarrior is looking to come up from OCW...

The problem is no one really believed Cena would be fired. No one really bought that. He's your number one performer (like it or not) in terms of income, so the company will never take him off the show. The fact he was around every night, people knew that the gig was up and he'd be back eventually.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-17-2010, 09:38 PM
SHALL WE BEGIN?
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...

Quote:

Fucking slayed me.

Um yea, anyone who has anything to say bad about this angle is a fucking moron. Some of the best and most riveting WWE TV in a very long time, and a payoff battle that sells a PPV that is usually a "meh" B show. Brilliantly booked by the WWE, from the word go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGlass View Post
Big E Langston healed me
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelgarin View Post
What an eloquent and well made selection of counter points.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-17-2010, 09:39 PM
SHALL WE BEGIN?
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...Mighty NorCal is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacdnwarrior View Post
The problem is no one really believed Cena would be fired. No one really bought that. He's your number one performer (like it or not) in terms of income, so the company will never take him off the show. The fact he was around every night, people knew that the gig was up and he'd be back eventually.
Well if they already "knew" he wasnt going to be fired based on all that shit you said that 98% of people dont actually think of or care about, then what does it matter if he showed up weekly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGlass View Post
Big E Langston healed me
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelgarin View Post
What an eloquent and well made selection of counter points.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-17-2010, 10:08 PM
United States Champion

LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...LSN80 is a United States Champion...

This is rediculous really. This storyline was a massive success. Everyone complains that they wanted Cena out of the title picture, well, you got what you wanted. Instead of Cena being the one whose always on top, Cena is the one whose perceived as weak, or at the mercy of others. This brought a new dimension to his character, one that hadn't been seen before.

For those who suggested to "look back" to the Edge and Matt Hardy storyline of 2005, Matt Hardy was legitimately fired, folks. Cena wasn't. Matt Hardy was never a top draw, Cena is the face of the company. Why would you keep the face of the company off of TV for any length of time? It was already a risk keeping him out of the ring in terms of wrestling for over six weeks, but thats exactly what they did. The angle was a huge success for the fact that it brought a new dimension to Cena's character, it produced one of the promos of the year, and definitely the hottest angle of the year. How in any way can that be perceived as a failure?
Old 12-17-2010, 10:41 PM
WZCW World Heavyweight Champion!
King of the Ring

Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...Killjoy is getting phone calls from TNA...

I see and acknowledge that the feud was a draw. And it also helped spark some fire for Raw and it's talent. But I just can't get off my back that this could've been miles beyond better. I don't care about Cena being fired and then being backstage the next show. That was standard Steve Austin.

But the fact that following Barrett's victory over John Cena at Hell In The Cell, the potential really was endless. The first Raw following that, when Cena tried to fight back and did, only to be forced to obey and at the end of the night forfeit a title match really layed out a perfect format that would have any fan biting their nails hoping for Cena to finally snap and "fuck the world". But that never happened. In about a few weeks the only difference between pre-HIAC John Cena and post-HIAC John Cena was the fact that he had a mismatched wrist band on. WWE had the right idea for about a week and after that it was pretty much gone. Instead of Wade ordering John to do his bidding, particularly his "muggings" he was instead getting a glass of water, reluctantly siding with The Nexus to no true care of the fans as he would just screw them off, or just plain ol' fighting them as usual as if his loss meant nothing.

The fact that it drew remains, but the fact that so much more could've been done with it will remain and slander it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
And for the record, my wife has a build resembling that of a blonde counterpart of Final Fantasy 7's Tifa.
sendpm.gif