WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Grade tonight's RAW.
A 33 33.33%
B 25 25.25%
C 22 22.22%
D 6 6.06%
F 13 13.13%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2010, 10:56 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

martymcfly is looking to come up from OCW...martymcfly is looking to come up from OCW...martymcfly is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm a little surprised that no one mentioned it, but I thought that one of the best parts of the night was right at the end, when barrett was going on about how he will be the next wwe champion and will have his hand raised in victory. As he was doing that, otunga (who was facing the camera but not facing barrett) has a very obvious and exaggerated eye roll that looked absolutely hilarious. If you missed it, check it out.

Now I'm not a big otunga fan, but that bit really did make me laugh.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:03 PM
More Comfortable with the Seesawing
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

Smackdown
Date: October 22, 2010
Commentators: Matt Striker, Todd Grisham, Michael Cole

It’s the go home show for Bragging Rights and apparently Raw is here tonight. The main event is Orton vs. Kane which is something that has always sounded intriguing to me for some reason. This should be decent like Raw was. I don’t get the criticisms that show has gotten but that’s a different story. Let’s get to it.

Theme song opens us up. Still has nothing on Let It Roll.

We open the show with the Bragging Rights teams in the ring in a showdown. Wait…no Cole??? Also thankfully, Teddy says it’s elimination on Sunday. That’s a very big upgrade as one fall is just a big mess. Tonight the Raw guys get to pick the matches.

Miz makes himself/Sheamus/Jackson vs. Show/Kofi/Rey. Despite the Raw guys making the matches, Edge challenges Punk. Oh hell yes. Morrison picks Del Rio. In a funny line he said he “wanted someone with a hard time speaking the English language. No not you Swagger.” Speaking of Swagger he gets Santino. Ok maybe he has dropped a bit in value lately. The six man is right now!

The Miz/Sheamus/Ezekiel Jackson vs. Big Show/Kofi Kingston/Rey Mysterio

Damn it Cole is here but just hadn’t talked yet. I like the elimination stipulation added to Sunday but I do wonder why we don’t do it at Survivor Series which is the whole point of the show, or at least it used to be. Sheamus and Rey start us off. Kofi has red tights and boots. Could this be a hint at something? Apparently Kofi is good at fantasy football. Rey takes out Sheamus as we take a break.

We come back to Jackson vs. Kofi with Kofi springboarding into a clothesline. Jackson was the captain’s pick apparently. Kofi gets beaten down for a bit as it occurs to me that it’s been awhile since we’ve had a six man.

Show finally comes in, prompting Striker to shout AVENGERS ASSEMBLE and THIS IS SECRET INVASION Smackdown style! Cole: WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? That was funny. Show cleans house and a chokeslam plus an elevated splash from Rey to Miz ends it.

Rating: C+. This did exactly what the match was supposed to do: it gave us a preview for Sunday and worked pretty well I thought. It wasn’t a classic or anything but it wasn’t supposed to be. Team Smackdown looked great here and everything worked well. Solid opener and a pretty good TV match.

Recap of the Raw World Title picture.

Ziggler cuts a promo about how Bryan is minor league compared to him.

Jack Swagger vs. Santino Marella

I love that eagle. It’s so stupid that it’s awesome. Santino prances at Swagger and we’ve got a comedy match. The eagle goes at Santino after he’s knocked to the floor and here comes Horny. It should be noted that the eagle is played by one Chavo Guerrero, meaning it’s Chavo vs. Horny all over again. Is there a reason why Horny is dressed as a Viking? Well the show on Sunday is in Minnesota so that might be it.

Santino hits the eagle with the Cobra and Horny adds a tadpole splash to double team the eagle. Cole: a Leprechaun just jumped on an eagle! Swagger gets beaten up a bit but he loads up the Cobra again and walks into the ankle lock for the easy tap out.

Rating: N/A. This was about 80% comedy but at least the ending was the right one. I can live with stupid comedy as long as the ending isn’t comedy.

Cody shows us how to take care of chapped lips, including lip gloss if you’re alone. Is it bad that I put that song on my Ipod?

Alberto Del Rio vs. John Morrison

It’s a Mercedes for Alberto this week. Cole talks about the Sheamus/Morrison match from a few weeks ago which was indeed awesome. They try to say Orton vs. Kane is a huge match which is true to a degree but not as big as they say it is here. This is a solid match so far with a nice dynamic of Alberto’s classic training vs. Morrison’s more off the wall style.

We go back and forth for a good bit with Alberto getting a nice German for two. We head to the corner and Alberto goes down. Starship Pain is missed and he doesn’t rotate enough but he hurts his arm doing it. The spinning twisting turning rotating setup for the basic armbreaker ends it.

Rating: C+. How in the world was this five minutes? This felt like it lasted all of 2 which to me is a good thing. The match flew by and was decent from what I saw. They also mentioned that this was a carryover from the battle royal Monday where they eliminated each other. That’s a nice bit of continuity there which is always fun.

Edge vs. CM Punk

Little feeling out process to start. Striker says these two are arguably some of the most decorated superstars in recent memory. Isn’t the number of titles someone has won not arguable? You’ve either won a lot of titles of you haven’t. It’s not that hard.

Cole messes up the name of Josh Hamilton who is a member of the Texas Rangers baseball team. They had a ginger ale shower for him in the locker room because he doesn’t drink. Cole leaves out the whole he’s a recovering alcoholic thing but whatever. Not a lot going on here so I need tangents to fill in space.

This is a slower paced match than you would expect with Punk playing to the crowd rather well. He controls a bit here but Edge gets a swinging neckbreaker to get us back to even. We take a break with Edge on the floor and come back with Edge in a body vice. They slug it out and Edge hits a bulldog kind of move for two.

This is starting to get good now. Edgecution gets two. The Canadian goes up top but gets caught by Punk. After a brief sequence up there, Punk gets knocked to the mat and Edge gets all googly eyed. The fans get into him just raising his eyes and setting for the spear so I can’t really argue against it. Riley and Miz come down for the save of course and it’s a DQ.

Rating: C+. This got much better in the second half of the match. The first part was kind of just treading water but eventually they kind of dropped the formula and cranked it up and just went at it. This would have been very fun on PPV in about a fifteen minute match which is why I’m glad there wasn’t a definitive ending.

Everyone comes out for the parade of finishers/big moves which is fun here. Thankfully Santino gets nothing as Swagger powerbombs the hell out of him. Sheamus and Big Zeke take out Show and then here’s Rey to take down Sheamus. It ends with Edge spearing Punk which is a nice ending as that’s what started all this. It sounds really generic but this was fun and set the tone for the whole elimination thing coming up on Sunday.

After a break here are Laycool dressed as Natalya (Layla, complete with a beard) and Bret (Michelle). Michelle’s talking all slow and with zero emotion is kind of funny. Here comes Natalya as this was really kind of pointless.

Natalya/Kelly Kelly vs. Laycool

It’s Natalya vs. Layla on Sunday and they start us out here. The heels are in their costumes here as this really is pretty stupid. I guess the idea is to get on Natalya and the Canadian crowd but at the same time this isn’t working. Natalya wins in like a minute with the Sharpshooter. Kelly never came in.

Rating: F. I have absolutely no clue who thought this a good idea but it didn’t work at all and was easily the worst match and segment of the night.

I watch these shows online Friday afternoons as it helps a lot with being able to do the reviews since I don’t have to go crazy trying to keep up with them. I noticed something today. The show I watch is from Italy I believe and today I noticed the show was about six minutes shorter than usual. From what I can find, at this point there was the Stand Up For WWE video.

This did not air in the international broadcast nor was it mentioned at all. Clearly this is simply a production error because remember there is ZERO connection between the AMERICAN Senate race and Stand Up For WWE. Nope not a bit. This is clearly just a mistake by the editors of the show. Nothing more than that.

After a brief video about Kane it’s main event time.

Kane vs. Randy Orton

Kane dominates early but Randy hits the backbreaker and we hit the floor as Kane hides from the RKO. Orton is down on the outside as we take a break. Bearhug from the bald one as we come back. They keep trying to talk about how awesome this match is. I missed this last week but the lightning Taker fired hit the urn and damaged it. Striker: “On Sunday we may learn what the lightning symbolizes.” Apparently we’re getting a science lesson Sunday.

Very slow and basic match so far with Kane working the back and dominating for the vast majority. Back to the bearhug now. Any match with a pair of those is going to have difficulties in being good. Top rope clothesline gets two. Here’s the comeback and the elevated DDT has Kane in trouble.

Orton does his weird dance or whatever you want to call it to set up the RKO. And then Kane kicks his head off. Chokeslam is set up for but there go the lights. We get a gong strike and the fans pop BIG. Back on we see Orton behind Kane and the RKO ends clean. Well as clean as you can get with the lights going out.

Rating: C. This was about what you would expect in a match like this two days prior to a PPV. Having a winner and loser here is fine as it’s not like they’re losing to a jobber or something. Kane got to dominate and the fans end the show on a happy note. The match was ok so all in all this was perfectly fine.

Kane freaks out and yells a lot. The gong goes off and the blue lights (K-Mart joke goes here) come on. Taker’s hand pops through the mat which looks like a rat or something, and there’s Taker, pulling Kane through the ring and screaming by the world champion ends the show.

Overall Rating: C+. This was down a bit for my tastes but at the same time there was definitely a point to it. They’re pushing Smackdown hard here which makes me think Smackdown loses on Sunday but maybe I’m wrong. There was a theme going on all night and thankfully Taker popped up at the end to at least make a live appearance. This worked ok I thought but it wasn’t the best show in the world at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:02 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

WWE Friday Night SmackDown! - October 22, 2010

Opening Segment - The show started off tonight with all the members of Team Raw and Team SmackDown! In the ring. Teddy Long is there and says he’s going to allow the members of the opposing teams to decide the night’s matches. Miz makes a six man tag featuring himself paired with Shamus & Ezekiel Jackson and Big Show accepts and picks Kofi Kingston & Rey Mysterio for his team. Edge is up next and picks a match with CM Punk, John Morrison picks Alberto Del Rio and Jack Swagger picks Santino Marella. It was a solid opening to the show and set the stage for tonight’s episode as the final push towards the Bragging Rights ppv. Thumbs Up

Big Show, Rey Mysterio & Kofi Kingston vs. The Miz, Shamus & Ezekiel Jackson - This was a fun match with a lot of energy to kick things off. I’m glad they decided to do this match immediately as there are a few others I’m more interested in. Nothing overly special about the match but all the wrestlers involved were given a chance to get some action in and everyone was generally able to look good. The crowd was into the match and it had a nice feel to it. Team SmackDown! gets the win here around the 9 minute mark with Big Show chokeslamming Miz before letting Rey jump off his shoulders for a splash to get the win. I’m surprised that Miz took the fall, I figured it’d be Zeke since he hasn’t been here. Nothing spectacular, but a solid fun little match that did its job by giving a bit of a preview for the elimination tag match at the Bragging Rights ppv. Thumbs Up

Dolph Ziggler - Ziggler cut a short promo backstage with Josh Matthews and I thought he did a good job with what he was given. He seemed arrogant and confident and comparing Daniel Bryan to a high school football team and himself to a Super Bowl championship team worked for me as Daniel Bryan’s character is an “average” guy. This wasn’t some earthshaking, groundbreaking promo or anything, but Ziggler was solid and it’s nice that he’s gotten a little mic time this week. Thumbs Up

Jack Swagger vs. Santino Marella - All the stuff with the Swagger Soaring Eagle & Hornswoggle took attention away from this match, not that there was much of a match. It wasn’t terrible, but with Hornswoggle & Santino involved, I knew it wouldn’t be much. Still, I’m soooooo glad to see Jack Swagger get the win over Santino here with the ankle lock at the 3 minute mark. My butt puckered up just a bit at this match as I thought they might be feeding Swagger to Santino as they did not long before he was World Heavyweight Champion. Thumbs Down

John Morrison vs. Alberto Del Rio - Good 5 minute match between Morrison & Del Rio. It was a good back and forth match with both guys basically staying in control roughly equal time and getting in an equal amount of offense. I’d like to see these two get 15 minutes sometime in the future. Del Rio gets the win via the armbar submission, but Morrison puts up a good match. I would have liked the match to have gone on a little longer as this really just kind of whetted my appetite to see more from these two. Thumbs Up

Edge vs. CM Punk - This was a damn good match with these two. Lots of great back and forth action and near falls. Edge really seems to be rejuvenated since coming to SmackDown!. He’s just got more spring in his step to me. The match started off a little slow but it picked up very nicely quickly with some fun offense. Both wrestlers looked really strong against each other and, as with Morrison/Del Rio, it seemed like it could go either way at anytime. The ending came with Punk getting DQ’d as Edge is preparing for a spear due to The Miz & Alex Riley coming out. Allt he members of Team Raw & SmackDown! hit the ring with a round of rapid fire finishers all around. Tyler Reks used that awesome finishing move of his on The Miz. The segment ends with Edge hitting Punk with the spear and all the members of Team SmackDown! posing in the ring. No winner for this match, but I enjoyed the hell out of it. Edge & Punk is another program I’d love to see and is another reason I’m hoping the WWE ultimately does away with the separate brand format in the near future. Thumbs Up

Team LayCool vs. Natalya & Kelly Kelly - Before the match, LayCool’s in the ring dressed as Jim Neidhart and Bret Hart. They mock them for a few minutes and, honestly, it wasn’t bad. It wasn’t great either, but LayCool simply wasn’t annoying here. The match was little more than a throwaway. I don’t know why the frig Kelly Kelly was out there as she didn’t even get any ring time, though she did look scrumdiddlyumptious. Natalya gets the win at the 2.5 minute mark via the Sharpshooter on Layla. This wasn’t really bad, but it didn’t add anything to the show nor make me interested in seeing a Divas match at the ppv. Thumbs Down

Randy Orton vs. Kane - I thought this was a pretty good main event to close the show with. I do think the announcers were hyping it a bit too much with all this dream match stuff they were talking about, but it was still a pretty good match just the same. Kane looked dominant in the match against Orton and, quite frankly, I’m glad they decided to go that route. When the show debuted on Syfy, Raw stars like Randy Orton were on the show and made the SD! guys look like chumps. Vince wants to show people that SmackDown! is as good as Raw, wants more emphasis to be placed on the show than its had in years, so I liked this. On Raw, Orton has been sort of portrayed as this Superman sort of character to some degree for a while so it was nice, in my view, for Orton to seem a little vulnerable. Orton does manage to get the win about the 12 minute mark via the RKO after the lights go off and Taker’s bell tolls. Taker dragging Kane down under the ring was a nice little old school Taker touch. The match wasn’t an all time classic, but it was pretty solid I thought. Thumbs Up

Overall Show - I enjoyed the show a lot tonight and I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I really had any genuine interest in the Bragging Rights concept. I think they did a good job tonight of a final push towards the show and, with SmackDown! being featured so prominently against Raw, I figure Raw will win. However, with more emphasis being placed on SmackDown! than the show has had in a long time, it might be 2-0 for big blue. Lots of wrestling on the show tonight and most of the matches were at least quite solid. The stuff with Santino & Hornswoggle and the Diva segment were the low point of the show. The comedy took away from the Swagger/Santino match and all, but at least it had the right ending with Swagger winning decisively. I liked tonight’s show, I was entertained but I’m just not really all that interested in Bragging Rights, which does sort of hurt the overall theme of tonight’s show. Still, it was a good show if nothing else.

Grade: B
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 10-23-2010, 09:15 PM
It was never the same.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...

Gold Stars for Friday Night Smackdown! October 22, 2010

1.Lay-Cool vs. K2& Natalya
-I don't understand the poor reviews for this segment/Match,
I'm no Lay-Cool mark,
But the beginning segment was the most hilarious moment of the night,
Complete w/ McCool’s mocking of Uncle Bret’s dance.
The match was decent, though K2 was just there to look pretty

2.Opening Segment
-I was half watching half on the computer when the show started,
Mainly because the new entrance music doesn't belong on any WWE programming,
But when I saw the red shirts,
My attention was caught.
Though I was a little upset Punk had no MIC time on his return to the B-Show,
Morrison sounding good on the MIC made it allll better

3.Dashing Tips
-Cody gave a sense of a normal flow back to this week’s show,
And the Lip Gloss bit was Awesome

BTW
Everyone wearing their shirts in the ring had a weird feeling to it,
I get the point, but it still made everything look a little stiff to me

Last edited by TJ Matics : 10-23-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:29 PM

Sandman18 is looking to come up from OCW...

The Bryan/Ziggler match was impressive again and I hope with Punk doing commentary they will do a fued which would be great matches. Lay-Cool is forgettable as many of the divas are. No Natalya? Why cant they even let Gail Kim compete as they are dropping the ball there. Having Sheamus lose to Santino is disgusting but maybe Sheamus will attack Morrison for him costing him the match. The Nexus angle is going forward and I love the swiching of the tag titles to Gabriel/Slater as they should have good matches, if there is any1 to fued with. Cena as the referee was expected so I guess he will have to cost Orton the title?? I hope they write this correctly and something suprising happens. I feel again Orton is lost in the shuffle as WWE Champ. I remember whenthe title would be the focus of a show but it hasnt been since Randy became champion. Overall, I hope we can see some good fueds develop soon as RAW needs it
Old 10-26-2010, 12:40 AM
Nick
WWE European Champion

Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...Big Nick Dudley is going to make some noise in the draft...

RAW Opener

I enjoy the mystery behind why Nexus attacked Taker. Too much is revealed too soon in wrestling today, and building anticipation is never a bad thing. Good mic work from Barrett and Cena as well.

Cena/Otunga vs. Gabriel/Slater

I'm never a fan of someone lying down, so that didn't sit well. I understand why it happened, but I still don't like it. However, I am glad to see the tag titles on somewhat of a "real" tag team again. Hopefully Slater and Gabriel can have an actual feud, with an actual tag team, heading into Survivor Series.

Dolph Ziggler/Daniel Bryan

Entertaining match, definitely above average for Raw. I hope this leads to a CM Punk/Daniel Bryan feud, which is the most likely scenario. I think there's a small (and I mean small) chance this could lead to a merger of the US/IC title..but once again, probably not. I want to see more from these two, good match.

Women's Match

Total waste of time. LayCool is beyond annoying, but then again, have I ever cared about women's wrestling? Not really, so nothing worth complaining about.

Miz w/ Riley vs. R-Truth

Am I the only one who thinks Alex Riley is about twice as talented as The Miz? He's much better in the ring, and a bit more entertaining on the mic. This kid has a bright future.

Truth rapped again..that's gotten really old, really quick (totally subjective, I know). Solid match, for Raw. Neither one of these guys really do anything for me, but not terrible either. Is this The Miz's next feud? I hope so, as long as it keeps him away from the WWE title picture.

Sheamus vs. Santino

I think this is obviously setting up a Morrison/Sheamus feud, so it was alright. I find Santino to be rathe entertaining, and when actually given the opportunity, a good in-ring competitor. Is this the start of a push for Santino? Probably not, but it should be. Also, Sheamus didn't look weak in defeat, so no one should whine about it.

Cena vs. Orton

Not a huge Cena fan, but these guys usually work well together. Good contrast of styles. Yes, it's the 453rd time we've seen it, but that doesn't bother me. Solid match.

Sets up an interesting concept at Survivor Series. I have no clue what's going to happen at the PPV, but I hope the weeks leading up to it actually involve the champion this time. With this "bigger picture" scenario coming into play, Nexus is still interesting, and here to stay for a while longer.

Overall- I give it a B. Good matches, better than usual. It also set up some good looking storylines, so I would say it was above average.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:56 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

WWE Monday Night Raw - October 25, 2010

Opening Segment - I’m a little mixed on the opening of Raw tonight. Barrett was solid on the mic as usual and the overall tension between him & Cena is still high. I’m not really a fan of using titles the way they were used tonight. I didn’t like it last night, however, I do understand why this happened tonight. I think the idea of Wade Barrett being able to take something away from Cena, like a WWE title, was interesting and the general symbolism of the act in and of itself was delicious. Now, of course, many will say the tag titles don’t mean anything and while I pretty much have to agree at this point, this worked as part of the storyline. Cena coming off as outraged when Otunga was told to lie down while Slater pinned him worked very well to push tensions between Cena & Barrett higher. There were a few times during the first 15 minutes that I wasn’t exactly sure what was going on. The whole situation with the tag titles had a few awkward moments, I don’t think it went as smoothly as the WWE would have liked, but I do like that Slater & Gabriel are going to be given a shot with the titles. After so many false starts with them, I’m not holding my breath for greatness here. Still, the idea was to generate even more tension between Cena & Barrett and that’s what happened here. I’m also curious to know why Nexus attacked Taker at the ppv and I’m glad that they didn’t let us know that, keeps a bit of mystery going. I’m hoping that it actually turns out to be something to it and not the WWE just not mentioning it anymore and just letting it fade away. Thumbs Up

Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler - Another great match from these two. They worked a fantastic match at the ppv last night and while this one wasn’t quite as good, it was still a very damn entertaining match. Bryan showed off some impressive moves and resilience as did Ziggler and the crowd was hot for this match. I was so happy when CM Punk’s music hit because I just knew that tonight was the very first steps toward a Punk/Bryan feud. Punk was good on commentary and he put both Ziggler & Bryan over well. It was a great competitive match with Bryan getting the win at the 11 minute mark. Even though Ziggler lost tonight and last night, though last night’s loss wasn’t 100% clear when you look at the circumstances, he looked very strong in defeat. Both continue to impress me and I think the Bryan/Punk feud that looks to be coming should be great. Thumbs Up

John Cena & Nexus - I thought this backstage segment came off well and it pretty much verified what I figure: Barrett had Otunga lay down for the purpose of taking something “meaningful” away from John Cena. Of course, in Barrett’s mind, Cena cost him the WWE Championship last night so he did something similar. Cena nearly quitting right then and there had the crowd cheering but Barrett makes him an offer and convinces Cena to stay and face Randy Orton. Tonight’s stuff with Cena & The Nexus has a bit of a theme going in which not everything is being fully revealed in any of the segments and you’re going to have to watch it all to find out what’s what by the end of the show. Thumbs Up

LayCool vs. Gail Kim & Melina - Nothing more than your typical Diva shit on Raw. It’s a shame because there are four women in this match that are actually pretty good in the ring and we get a 60 second turd. Thumbs Down

The Miz, Alex Riley, Eve Torres & R-Truth - The Miz came out with Riley and cut a solid promo, basically running down Team Raw for losing at Bragging Rights with Cole playing cheerleader at commentary. Eve came down and interrupted, which was a little surprising, but she looked hot. Eve got on the stick and actually did pretty good, believe it or not. Calling The Miz ugly seemed a little juvenile, but most of the other insults are generally stuff I’ve heard some haters say about The Miz. Both Riley & Miz respond to Eve very condescendingly, which was the right way to play this and I’m glad Miz didn’t react like some geeky schoolboy that got rejected when he asked the prettiest girl in school for a hand job. R-Truth came out, man I really hate his entrance and his singing and music in general. He did his “What’s Up?” thing and challenged Miz to a match. Nothing spectacular about this, but it was a solid segment to set up this match. Thumbs Up

The Miz vs. R-Truth - I thought this was a fun and competitive match between these two. They’ve worked good matches against each other before and this one was no different. I’m hoping this is the last we’ll see of these two against each other, however. Both Truth & Miz worked a really good match and, to be perfectly honest, I didn’t really know who was going to win so that kept me interested. I just had a feeling that this could be one of those times in which a hot star like Miz, for whatever reason, loses to someone generally lower on the totem pole. The Miz gets the win via the SCF at the 10 minute mark. I’m not all that crazy about R-Truth’s gimmick, but the man can wrestle and both he and Miz looked good tonight. Thumbs Up

Sheamus vs. Santino Marella - Santino wins this match as a fluke and due to a little outside interference from John Morrison. I’m hoping that this is basically a prelude to a feud with Morrison & Sheamus. They had a great last man standing match on Raw a while back and I think they could have a great feud. I completely understand if anyone hated this, I mean Santino did technically get the win here. However, I’m hoping that what happened here tonight will lead to something legit with Morrison & Sheamus. I think it’s safe to say that Sheamus would have won that match had it not been for Morrison. Even though I hate the thought of Sheamus losing to Santino, I’m intrigued by all this and am curious to see what Sheamus does next week. Thumbs Up

Randy Orton vs. John Cena - Great back and forth main event between Cena & Orton. I know it seems like we’ve seen them wrestle a hundred times, but they almost always have great matches together. They have good chemistry together and the winner of the match gets to pick the special ref between Orton vs. Barrett at Survivor Series. The tension with Barrett & Cena was great and was on hand in this match as Cena gets in Barrett’s face whenever Barrett tries to cheat for him and said he was doing this his way. I thought it was perfect because Cena is basically the ultimate good guy and the ultimate good guy doesn’t cheat. Barrett pulls Cena out at roughly the 15.5 minute mark and hits him with a clothesline as Randy Orton is in the corner setting up a punt of Cena’s head. The ref calls for the bell and Cena wins via DQ as Barrett attacked him. I loved the ending as it just meshed in so well with the differences in Cena & Barrett’s character and was another example of Barrett taking something away from Cena. Cena wanted to fight Orton man to man, no interference, because that’s “his way” and Barrett robbed him of that in order to benefit from it himself. It also fits in with the ending to Barrett/Orton at Bragging Rights with Cena interpreting Barrett’s wishes in his own way, the technicality that Lawler & Cole talked about. Barrett named Cena the special referee for the match at Survivor Series, no surprise there, but told Cena that if Barrett wins then he’ll let him out of Nexus. Cena showed a lot of emotion and it’s delivered a nice hook for the Survivor Series title match. Thumbs Up

Overall Show - I thought Raw was quite strong tonight now that all the Bragging Rights stuff is behind us. There were three great matches on the show tonight and we saw what looks to be the beginning of a feud between CM Punk & Daniel Bryan that should be great. I’m not wild about Sheamus losing to Santino, but I’m hoping this will lead to a fun program with Morrison as they’d have some great matches. Toby Keith didn’t annoy me as I thought he would, I thought he did well with his laid back country boy delivery and he wasn’t shoved down our throats. I dread next week with Pee Wee Herman, but that’s next week. I very much like where The Nexus/Cena storyline is heading and there’s a great hook for the WWE Championship match at Survivor Series. I’m mixed on what they did with the tag titles tonight, but I do like how it fit nicely into the angle with Barrett having almost complete control over Cena.

Grade:B+
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 10-26-2010, 02:44 AM
More Comfortable with the Seesawing

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

Monday Night Raw
Date: October 25, 2010
Commentators: Michael Cole, Jerry Lawler
Guest Star: Toby Keith

It’s the night after Bragging Rights and for once we’re FOUR WHOLE WEEKS away from Survivor Series which blows my mind. This will probably start setting up some stuff for that show and have Barrett vs. Cena for a lot of the show as well. This should be interesting as they kind of have to reset things now. Let’s get to it.

We open with Nexus and Cena heading to the ring. Barrett introduces everyone and we see stills of Nexus burying Taker. The reasoning: it’s none of your business and Nexus has its reasons. As for Orton vs. Barrett, Barrett won and Cena has to explain why he did what he did. Barrett says that he obeyed orders and isn’t fired, yet.

E-Mail comes in and Barrett gets a rematch. There will be a guest referee, chosen by the winner of tonight’s main event which is Orton vs. any member of Nexus. Naturally Cena is picked, as we get Orton vs. Cena AGAIN.

Otunga grabs a mic and says Cena should be fired for not being nice last night. Barrett says they’ll never be able to co-exist, so we’re having a tag title match RIGHT NOW, with Nexus defending against…Nexus? Apparently so.

Tag Titles: John Cena/Wade Barrett vs. Justin Gabriel/Heath Slater

Barrett stops this before it starts, saying that someone has to lay down and do the right thing because this is Nexus vs. Nexus which can’t happen. He says that person is…..David Otunga? David doesn’t like this at all and Barrett has to order him to get in and lay day. He finally does it, making Slater and Gabriel the champions.

So was there ANY POINT to having Otunga/Cena win the belts in the first place? No? Ok just checking.

We recap Ziggler vs. Bryan and Vickie with the GORGEOUS Kaitlyn, smoking in a red dress, introduce Ziggler.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Daniel Bryan

Kaitlyn has some guns on her. After Ziggler’s entrance, here’s….Punk? He’s in a DARE shirt which is a nice touch. He’s limping a bit here and he was rumored to have hurt his back or hip last night. Punk sits down on commentary and says he’s here to scout talent. If he goes after Bryan the IWC will in face, explode. Surfboard by Bryan which I love. That move looks painful as all hell and always has.

Punk makes fun of Shawn Michaels saying he took Bryan’s money and did almost no training with him as William Regal did all the work. Suicide dive has Ziggler reeling and Cole actually praises him. Yeah I’m shocked too. We take a break with Bryan screaming to the crowd. Back and it’s more Daniel in control.

Ziggler begs off ala Ric Flair and eats boots as a result. Ok so he doesn’t actually eat them but they connect with his face. Punk insults Miz as Dolph gets a rollup for two. Sleeper goes on for half a second but Ziggler kicks his HEAD off with a sweet (no pun intended) superkick for two. Punk doesn’t remember Kaitlyn because she’s on NXT. I would say he’s stealing the show but the match is good so it’s hard to say that.

Sleeper goes on again but Bryan counters into the LeBelle Lock. Vickie puts his foot under the rope but he taps anyway. The referee doesn’t see it and just lets it go. Punk says who cares, the dude tapped. He’s right too. Punk gets off headset and we get a staredown kind of. Dolph slips back in but runs away when Bryan sees him coming.

Rating: B+. Another solid match between these two although just slightly below what they did last night. Still though there’s solid chemistry here as they played off of each other much better. Ziggler was on defense most of the match which hurts it a bit, but for the most part this was very high level stuff and rather entertaining as well. Liked it a lot.

Ad for the reading thing WWE is doing. Eight more days. Just eight more days.

The Bellas give Toby Keith a toy belt after he gives them CDs. Santino comes in dressed as a cowboy and sings a song about the girls he’s dated on screen. And here’s Sheamus to get on Santino for losing the match last night. Match tonight of course.

Cena FREAKS at Barrett. Nice thing of him to wait half an hour to do this and just in time for there to be a camera there. Cena rips off the armband and says that this isn’t worth it. Barrett says if Cena beats Orton he’ll make Cena an mutually beneficial offer.

Laycool vs. Melina/Gail Kim

Please make this quick. Cole got an e-mail during the break and the Sheamus vs. Santino match is on. Layla and Melina start. As I type that Michelle comes in and kicks Melina’s head off for the pin.

Register to vote! And don’t wear a WWE T-Shirt. No they really said that.

Miz and Riley come out to complain about losing last night. Miz’s face is extra red here. Miz will be on the cover of the new Smackdown vs. Raw game which is pretty cool actually. He’s on there with Show and Cena but that’s still a pretty big deal. Miz challenges Rey to a match next week….and here comes Eve? What the hell?

Apparently everyone wants to kill him and he’s a flash in the pan. That’s very amusing from EVE TORRES. This is one of the worst arguments I’ve ever seen. Riley gets on her too and easily out talks her. And of course it’s R-Truth. Damn it for the love of crap I do not want to see these two fight even more.

The place is DEAD for Truth’s entrance. Oh and Eve still can’t dance. Truth says Miz is Kermit. Lawler informs us that Kermit is a frog. I hate this segment. E-Mail says ding ding ding. Great. Let’s get this over with.

R-Truth vs. The Miz

This match starts with Truth putting Miz on the floor and we take a break. Damn it they’re giving this match time. Back and this match is just sucking the life out of the place. Miz goes from captain of a team to an R-Truth match? It wasn’t THAT bad. Big boot during the break gives Miz control.

The match isn’t that horrible but at the same time we’ve seen these two fight so many times and none of them have been good, making this just uninteresting. Granted that might be R-Truth who is apparently good because he says he is. Truth gets an over the shoulder stunner for two.

Miz gets knocked to the floor and Eve slaps Riley. Suplex back in by Miz, who somehow got back in first, is countered so Truth takes out Riley. A few finishers and big moves are avoided and the Skull Crushing Finale ends this.

Rating: D+. Like I said it wasn’t bad, but this just could not have been any less interesting if they tried to make the least interesting match ever. Nothing special at all here and while it wasn’t the worst match ever, who cares. Now NEVER LET THEM FIGHT AGAIN.

And here’s Toby Keith to waste our time. He talks about liking being in Green Bay and mentions the game last night. His eyes are closed almost the whole time.

Sheamus vs. Santino Marella

Yep Toby is hammered. He gives Santino, who is scared, some words of encouragement. Morrison comes out as Santino keeps falling down as Sheamus goes for the kick. Morrison pulls Santino out of the way and he gets a rollup win on Sheamus.

Rating: N/A. Morrison vs. Sheamus works fine for me. I’m happy.

New Stand Up For WWE video which is about all these superstars talking about how they wanted to be in wrestling. Everyone wanted to be in WWE. No one ever wanted to be in any other company or anything. Nope, just WWE. Oh and of course these people are all being COMPLETELY legit. No one would ever lie on camera. Nope not at all.

Otunga freaks on Barrett again and threatens to tell the world why they attacked Undertaker last night. Harris and McGillicutty, officially in Nexus now, come in as muscle and more or less say they’ll end Otunga if he talks. Otunga says he’s Nexus.

Taker has a funeral on Friday.

Pee Wee Herman is the guest star next week. Eight more days. Just eight more days.

John Cena vs. Randy Orton

Barrett is out there with him. Orton controls early on and does so as we take the required first break. Back with Cena in a chinlock. FU is blocked by Orton and he stays on offense. Both counter finishers and Orton goes into his clothesline mode. Scoop powerslam has Orton IN THE ZONE BABY!

Barrett tries to get involved but Cena knocks him away. Top rope Fameasser gets two. Basically nothing but counters here but there’s the STF. Barrett pulls the rope away from Orton so Cena comes out to yell at him. Elevated DDT hits Cena on the way back in. FU gets two after another comeback and both men are down.

RKO hits but Cena hits the floor. Orton throws him back in and Orton sets for the punt, as Barrett pulls him out and clotheslines him to give Cena the win and Barrett the referee spot. Orton half kills him and here’s Nexus complete with new members to beat the hell out of Orton. Cena comes in for the save but Barrett has something to say. Naturally Cena is the referee. If Barrett doesn’t get the title, Cena is fired. Oh and if he wins the title, Cena is free.

Rating: C+. Not bad but it was Cena/Orton on free TV so it’s a bit hard to complain. Ok so it isn’t hard to do but it’s a nice perk. I don’t get the point in not announcing this but that’s neither here nor there. The match was their usual big match feel and the ending, while cheap looking on the surface, fits perfectly and fits with the storyline. Of course it’s allegedly awful but whatever. Decent enough match and it worked for its purpose.

Overall Rating: C-. This just didn’t click for me. The wrestling was ok but the angles were rather confusing. Is there a reason they’ll barely say Survivor Series? They kept referencing a PPV but never said the name. This set up the future well enough but there were some head scratching moments here. It wasn’t bad, but it certainly wasn’t all that good either. The ending was solid though as even though it was predictable, it’s the best way to go.

Quote:
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:46 AM
Don't thank me; I've done nothing
WWE Women's Champion

Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...Барбоса is getting phone calls from TNA...

RAW was pretty good. The only major problem I have is the almost complete sidelining of Orton. Surely he needs to have some mic time to address the Nexus conspiracy against him because for the last month since winning the title he has been silent.

As for Nexus, I love that Harris and Hennig have been added as well as the intrigue regarding Otunga's threat to reveal the reason behind the attack on the Undertaker. In speculating in what it might be, I cannot help but think about HHH being behind it all in order to get rid of Taker for retiring HBK...

As for Cena, I fear that hopes of a much vaunted heel turn and run at the Undertaker's streak might have taken a hit as it would have to happen at Survivor Series which seems too long away from Mania to sustain a heel Cena, unless Vince is sucessful in making him the "biggest heel in wrestling history"
Old 10-26-2010, 11:27 AM
Knockout Champion

Wade's Public Transit Bomb worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wade's Public Transit Bomb worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wade's Public Transit Bomb worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wade's Public Transit Bomb worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wade's Public Transit Bomb worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wade's Public Transit Bomb worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wade's Public Transit Bomb worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wade's Public Transit Bomb worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wade's Public Transit Bomb worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Ok.. A bunch of "real" thoughts about a fake show.

The theme of the night was a lot of fun:

"Woi's own brand of revenge against Cena."

I thought the opening segment was really good. Woi toying with Cena's emotion is something that not a lot of bad guys have done to Cena. He was nice enough to put Cena in a title match, and how did Cena thank him? Well.. Woi technically did win the match. I can really appreciate Woi going "Go eff yourself" as his explanation for plot holes.

I also like that Slater and Gabriel are the tag champs. Not because I want prestige and all that bull, but because I think they are much better off at being the workers of Nexus than Otunga.. By a considerable margin. And let's face it if you are one of those people who demand prestige and stuff: No other tag team is going to get the exposure that Slater and Gabriel are going to get.

I thought the main event was really well done. Woi would try to cheat, but Cena would tell him to go blow himself. I didn't actually like the match between Orton and Cena.. Just seemed too force because they were countering everything. I LOVED the way it ended. It made sense that Woi would give Cena a DQ win. Hopefully they finally put the belt on Woi so Cena can take it from him.

Woi is getting power hungry and we all know that evil dictators never really have happy endings..

I also thought Cena's constant taunting at Woi was like a little boy throwing a fit over a box of cereal at the store and Woi is the dad going "Eh. It happens." I just love those little touches. haha

Daniel vs Bryan.. Eh. It wasn't bad. It just didn't catch my interest.

I thought Toby Keith was a lot of fun. I also enjoyed the Bellas finally dressed differently. Man, I got low standards.

Gail has the best job ever. Gail just has to stand and breathe. The Bellas at least have to remember lines to get dat money yo.

The Miz/Riley/Eve/Truth.. The Miz and Riley were okay. Then Eve came out, which made the segment bad. Then bad became worst when Truth came out. The match was okay, but man..

Sheamus vs Santino was what it was. So, Sheamus is the next in line in trying to make Morrison look good? Ugh.

Bella Twins for Champ movement is in full effect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Sexual Chocolate View Post
Sweet caramel Moses.