WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-27-2010, 09:23 PM

axl626 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Now that the draft is over, who was the best 2009 draftee?

One of the reasons I love the draft is that it inevitably leads to breakout stars that no one expected. I have my hopes for who breaks out this year but I'm not sure as that's part of the fun.

As for the 2009 draft, I've been quite surprised that for the most part there weren't a lot of break out stars. Every one expected John Morrison to be champion or MVP to be a big star while both have stayed in the midcard, if not the lowcard for MVP.

Now my pick for best 2009 draftee is what I expect most others to be and that's The Miz. He went from what most people expected and he referenced, the Marty Jannety of he and Morrison, and has become one of the main features of the flagship show. He's awesome on the mic and I find him very entertaining in the ring. I hope he has a good 2010 although I doubt he'll win the title. Hopefully no that he's not a tag champion he'll have good midcard feuds.

Hopefully we can do this next year with whoever is the big breakout star. And for the record, I hope it's Christian.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-27-2010, 10:32 PM

TheFOUR is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via Yahoo to TheFOUR

I gotta agree with you as much as I can not stand the Miz, he's definately the breakout star of the 2009 draft, while he may not be World Champion yet, he's done a lot more than Jack Swagger, an in defense to Miz, Swagger took almost a year an a half before he actually got the chance to become a champion an I for one feel that if Hardy had stayed and RVD came back to the WWE Swagger wouldnt be champion an he'd still have been pushing midcard status and we'd have seen Christian with the MITB win.
They Came Out of the West, they Rode with a Passion, They Rose from the Ashes, They Were Known World Wide as The Four Horsemen of The Apocalypse.......Now They Are Just Known as The Four Horsemen.......Soon They Were Know Just As THE FOUR
sendpm.gif
Old 04-27-2010, 10:53 PM

The Ram is looking to come up from OCW...

I do agree that THE MIZ was one of the best draftees in 2009. But I have to say CM Punk was the best draftee. He had the fued of the year with Jeff Hardy IMO and he has come along way from a good face to an excellent heel. He became a won the world heavyweight twice last year. He created the SES and he made the Undertaker tap out.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:18 PM

NXTrookie2013 is looking to come up from OCW...

The Miz didn't show us anything til the upcoming weeks to wrestlemania IMO. CM Punk though had a good fued with jeff hardy, and had a great tlc match at summerslam. But once again he went from main event to midcard, i consider him main eventer still, and with the most of the major stars on raw now i think he might get another world title opportunity.

as for this year. i was so glad to see kofi and christian go to smackdown. i think christian deserves to be in the world title picture (as with most of the IWC as it seems) and kofi, i honestly thought he had a chance of winning the rumble with his fued with orton and matches agianst main eventers qualifying for elimnation chamber etc. Then he jobbed a couple of matches and that got ruined, but we'll see what happens now that he's on smackdown.

raw got more main evneters r-truth and morrison. now morrison many thought would be the next shawn micheals after going to smackdown but instead he got put down again and got put in another tag team. and now that he's on wwe's biggest show with a bunch of huge names idk if that will help him either \:
sendpm.gif
Old 04-27-2010, 11:34 PM

bsefire is looking to come up from OCW...

This is my first time responding to any of these so thank you for reading it. The 2009 draft i would also say the Miz. It took him a little while but overall, you cant deny how much he has improved in both wrestling and on the mic. As for the 2010 draft, I would say Kofi has a good shot of doing great things on smackdown, but we will see. One thing I did notice watching the draft, and idk if anyone else did or not, when Edge was drafted to Raw, my first thought was an Edge/Christian reunion at some point, but that was quickly ended by Christian being drafted to smackdown. I guess the WWE wanted to put that idea to rest that it isnt gonna happen anytime soon.
sendpm.gif
Old 04-27-2010, 11:54 PM
Check Out My Spoiler Page

The Man They Call WMD is looking to come up from OCW...The Man They Call WMD is looking to come up from OCW...The Man They Call WMD is looking to come up from OCW...The Man They Call WMD is looking to come up from OCW...The Man They Call WMD is looking to come up from OCW...The Man They Call WMD is looking to come up from OCW...The Man They Call WMD is looking to come up from OCW...

CM PUNK and Miz were def the picks of the yr. Just a quick question tho whats the fascination with John Morrison. His face character is brutal. My 90 yr old grandma could kick out of star ship pain. It might be the 2nd worst finisher in wwe behind knock out punch. Please tell me why you would like to see him as a a ME?
sendpm.gif
Old 04-28-2010, 12:27 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

drobs85 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestleing is mediocare View Post
CM PUNK and Miz were def the picks of the yr. Just a quick question tho whats the fascination with John Morrison. His face character is brutal. My 90 yr old grandma could kick out of star ship pain. It might be the 2nd worst finisher in wwe behind knock out punch. Please tell me why you would like to see him as a a ME?
Way agreed, John Morrison's face character is terrible , he's a natural heel. His moveset is very soft looking. Your 90 yr old grandma can kick out of the starship pain. My 10 year old nephew can kick out of it to. But the best draft pick from 2009 was cm punk. Punk is a 3 time champ, great on the mic, can adapt to any wrestlers style and if used properly consistently, this guy could go far for along time.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:11 AM
TNA X-Division Champion

ThePh3nomonal1 is looking to come up from OCW...

Definately CM Punk, he went from so-so midcard face to awesome heel main eventer and two time world champion in a year and that wins it in my book.

Credit:Xemnas
sendpm.gif
Old 04-28-2010, 09:35 AM

Mr Snigglez is looking to come up from OCW...

Although CM Punk is my fave wrestler at the momment i have to say The miz. His ring ablity and mic work has improved, got a new look, and now that orton seem to be a tweener, i think the miz is gona be the next top heel on raw
sendpm.gif
Old 04-28-2010, 09:47 AM

Killer Kelbo is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via Yahoo to Killer Kelbo

The best draftee will have to be Edge to Raw. The three drafts to Raw that all happened at once was Raw's best draft of the night. John Morrison is young, energetic, and I think he could do a lot for Raw. However, I was kinda pissed because when he defeated Jack Swagger last week on Smackdown that would have put him in the hunt to the WHC. I also think Christian to Smackdown was a good change, and I liked that it happened when Swagger just won the match to get a draft. Remember when Christian took the ECW title from Swagger, I would love to see something like that again, hopefully McMahon decides to use Christian as a main eventer soon.