WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Should Chris Benoit Be in the HOF?
Yes, he is a great wrestler and should be based only on that! 128 30.92%
NO! The HOF is for people to be idolized, after what he did, benoit should be banned forever! 172 41.55%
Yes, but quietly in a few years 114 27.54%
Voters: 414. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Insanity_X

Default Should Chris Benoit be inducted into the hall of fame?

While this could be posted in the hall of fame 2008 thread i think that this merits its own thread because it is specifically for discussion of whether or not Benoit should be inducted in to the hall of fame. if i have posted this thread in error then i appologise.

personally do you think Chris should be inducted to the hall of fame in 2008 (or at all for that matter) in light of what he has done? in my opinion he should be, because despite his actions he was a damn fine wrestler and you just cant ignore that. while the WWE is (quite rightly) removing benoit merchendice from thier site I dont think that they can avoid putting him in the hall of fame eventually. he was, the best worker of his generation, and one of the all time greats. you cant ignore that.

Realisticly i dont think that benoit will go in this year. but I do feel that he will eventually be inducted, in spite of the controversy surrounding his death.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:28 PM

weeman19_89 is looking to come up from OCW...

no doubt about it he should you go in there for your work in WWE not outside i know hes down for murder but beein put in the hall of fame is for how you was in the ring he helped alot of people and got the best matches out of near enough everyone he was one of the best if not the best wrestlier of his kind i just wish all this wasnt going around for his death if they do induct him do it in a couple of years not 2008
Like i said its just a dam shame he had to go like this by taking his own life after taking his wifes and childs
R.I.P you will be missed in WWE not so much as Christopher Michael Benoit
sendpm.gif
Old 06-27-2007, 04:30 PM
Insanity_X

jonny why dont you think he should (i'm saying this because as soon a a mod decides to read this thread you will get a warning of spamming)
Old 06-27-2007, 04:35 PM

RageAgainstTheCenaMachine is looking to come up from OCW...

Im not really sure, on one hand he was an amazing wrestler, one of the bests, no doubt. On the other the public image of benoit is not a wrestler, but a murderer. I think he should be inducted, but i know WWE wont induct him because of the media attention this has gotten. And i understand that, but how would you feel if you worked at WWe and news reports said that you inducting a murderer in the HoF. So yeah, i think he should get in, but they wont let it happen.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:36 PM

TonyMc is looking to come up from OCW...

No he should not be entered in the hall of fame, Despite the fact he was a brilliant wrestler and i know we dont the full details or his mental state but he killed his wife and child.You cannot say he was a great wrestler and lets honor him when you know what he has done.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-27-2007, 05:09 PM
I am The Last Baron
Ring of Honor Champion

Shadowmancer is going to make some noise in the draft...Shadowmancer is going to make some noise in the draft...Shadowmancer is going to make some noise in the draft...Shadowmancer is going to make some noise in the draft...Shadowmancer is going to make some noise in the draft...Shadowmancer is going to make some noise in the draft...Shadowmancer is going to make some noise in the draft...Shadowmancer is going to make some noise in the draft...Shadowmancer is going to make some noise in the draft...Shadowmancer is going to make some noise in the draft...Shadowmancer is going to make some noise in the draft...

My personal opinion on this is that they leave it for quite a few Years if he is found to have killed them and there is no actual other possibilities still out there, which there still are from the weirdness of the whole event, there are infinate amounts of Grey in this event. But they will Induct Benoit but it will be done on the quiet side, until this event occured you were all saying that he was a Hall of Famer, this event does not reduce the skill or hard work that he put into the Wrestling Industry in his 22 year Career. And TonyMc you can say he was a great Wrestler, because that is what he was a great Wrestler. While he may have killed his family that is seperate from Wrestling. but putting Benoit in in a Decade or so on the quiet would be just as Important to the fans of his that feel that on his contribution to the Wrestling Industry alone should get him into the Hall of Fame. Look at American Football, OJ Simpson is in the NFL Hall of Fame and he killed his wife apparently so you can have controversial personal lives and still be in the Hall.
Originally Posted by Me To Mr Wrestling 3:I have called you the Last Great Journeyman Champion. Would you consider that a fair assessment, since it puts you in with the Likes of Brody, Race, Rhodes, Nature Boy and Thesz.
I would but on a very different level. While I spent years traveling the world as both the AWA and NWA World champion I never had the chance to draw the numbers that these guys did. Would I have been able to draw in the 60's and 70's? Maybe now in my 2008 shape and wrestling style but remember those guys worked 380 shots a year.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-27-2007, 05:11 PM
Don Killuminati

He should get into the HOF evntually but definatly not this year. His image right now is way to bad to put him in this year. Eventually he should be inducted into the HOF because of what he did in the ring. He was one of the greatest technical wrestlers and should still be recognized for that. Right now though it's way to early to do that and would just look bad to induct him in 08. In maybe a few years I think then they could induct him.

But the real question is would they induct him. They might never put him in to preserve their image. They don't want to induct and honor someone that is a murderer and people won't want to see in there. And for awhile no one is going to want to see him in there. They'd have to wait a long time and even then there would still be some backlash.

I think if they waited until maybe 2013 then they could induct him without much controversy but right now would just be a bad idea. But he does deserve to get inducted eventually for his in ring talent but they have to wait a few years.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:17 PM

avrice is looking to come up from OCW...

Chris Beniot the Wrestler Deserves to still be in the HOF the account of what happened should make them think about when to put him in if at all. I for one hope they put him in but before they put Chris in the HOF they should put someone else in the Baseball Hall of Fame and pave the way for a pressidet.(sp?)
sendpm.gif
Old 06-27-2007, 05:27 PM

TJ2069 is looking to come up from OCW...

If u look at the what the wwe has done in the last day. Pulling his profile and pics removing his merchindice and pulling his matches from the wwe dvds. Its clear that the wwe is rubbing there hands clean of Benoit ever being in the wwe. I dont think it will ever be conciderd to put Benoit in the hall of fame. Even though he is on of the best wrestlers to ever be in the ring.I hate to say he will always be known as the wrestler that took the life of his wife and son.

Last edited by TJ2069 : 06-27-2007 at 05:29 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 06-27-2007, 05:57 PM

MY TIME IS NOW is looking to come up from OCW...

He may have done what he did but in the wrestling world he was one of the best ever and gave us so many moments. He had some classic moments in WCW / WWE & ECW.

What he did on the side and why was down to him but in the ring will forever go down as one of the best in history.